HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#17: Devils at Flyers - November 16, 2009 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-17-2009, 09:51 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I dont recall the call on Coburn, but the Rolston one was obvious. It was completely unintentional, but that's completely irrelevant. His stick got tied up in Rolston, which brought him down. That gets called 10 times out of 10.
Coburn was called for tripping when a Devil lost an edge

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Viller

Quote:
I dont recall the call on Coburn, but the Rolston one was obvious. It was completely unintentional, but that's completely irrelevant. His stick got tied up in Rolston, which brought him down. That gets called 10 times out of 10.
Bull ****ing ****. Rolston Felt Richie's stick and knew he was ****ed(Mike would have been alone vs Brodeur), and just took a dive... I wish there was a replay somewhere. It was very apparant to me, Flyers always get ****ed with this kind of calls, the whole broad street bullies thing... Opposing team's player falls to the ice + Flyer player in the viscinity = instant call. That crap has happenned in other games too, I remember Pronger getting called on this and Coburn too.

From the ****** stream I was watching, the stick was nowhere near Rolston's skates... at worst it touched his gloves. Gotta be a weak weak weak player on your skates if thats enough to make you fall like you got shot.

Viller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 11:27 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
What call did you think was bad? I agree the reffing was terrible, but in the other direction. I thought the Flyers could have been whistled for about 7 penalties in the 1st period. The rest of the game wasnt so bad, but the 1st was terrible.
and the Devils could have been called for interferance many times. and nothing was called.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 07:27 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
Bull ****ing ****. Rolston Felt Richie's stick and knew he was ****ed(Mike would have been alone vs Brodeur), and just took a dive... I wish there was a replay somewhere. It was very apparant to me, Flyers always get ****ed with this kind of calls, the whole broad street bullies thing... Opposing team's player falls to the ice + Flyer player in the viscinity = instant call. That crap has happenned in other games too, I remember Pronger getting called on this and Coburn too.

From the ****** stream I was watching, the stick was nowhere near Rolston's skates... at worst it touched his gloves. Gotta be a weak weak weak player on your skates if thats enough to make you fall like you got shot.
I'm sorry I disagree. I was at the game and initially had the same reaction but 2 or 3 replays later I changed my mind. Richie went for a stick left on Rolston's left side. The stick kinda got stuck on Rolston's stick/glove as Rolston turned to his right. Rolston turning to his right caused Richie's stick to basically hit Rolston in the back of the knees causing the trip.

Whether or not it's a call...I'm not sure. But he was "tripped" by definition of the word (in the English language that is...in hockey I'm not sure).

I can't find a replay on YT unfortunately.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 09:09 AM
bungle
Casual Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I'm sorry I disagree. I was at the game and initially had the same reaction but 2 or 3 replays later I changed my mind. Richie went for a stick left on Rolston's left side. The stick kinda got stuck on Rolston's stick/glove as Rolston turned to his right. Rolston turning to his right caused Richie's stick to basically hit Rolston in the back of the knees causing the trip.

Whether or not it's a call...I'm not sure. But he was "tripped" by definition of the word (in the English language that is...in hockey I'm not sure).

I can't find a replay on YT unfortunately.
They showed the replay on VS during the game, and from the angle I saw I didn't see how it was physically possible for Rolston to go down without meaning to.

bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Coburn was called for tripping when a Devil lost an edge
Watched it again last night, Coburn got called because his stick got caught between Zubrus' legs and he just fell over it. Not intentional, but it was a call they always make in the National Ringette League.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveNeptune View Post
They showed the replay on VS during the game, and from the angle I saw I didn't see how it was physically possible for Rolston to go down without meaning to.
Watched this one again too. As described, Richie got his stick on Rolston's stick, below the glove and when his stick hit Rolston's knee, it worked like a lever and tripped him. No doubt about it really. It may have looked strange, but it wasn't a dive for sure. I'm surprised they got the call right, and they had to call it - had Richie come out of it with his stick and the puck and scored, the Devils would've been rightly ticked.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote