HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Carle sent down; O'Byrne expected to play Friday

Old
11-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
You're letting your anger for Spacek greatly influence your judgment KG. Carle has played well, but no where near well enough to bump Spacek out of the line up.
Well when one player is better than you thought, rarely make mistakes and another that is absolutly horrible, I would think that's the dreadful one that would get punished. Maybe i'm wrong.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
Well when one player is better than you thought, rarely make mistakes and another that is absolutly horrible, I would think that's the dreadful one that would get punished. Maybe i'm wrong.
I won't disagree with you, I've been happy with the way Carle has played for us. But you have to consider the fact that Carle was what I would call "babied" while Spacek plays top minutes against the other teams best players.

As well as Carle has played this year, IMO he'd be eaten alive if he were to switch roles with Spacek.

11-18-2009, 01:00 PM

Hopefully the addition of a right handed dman like O'Byrne, will allow Spacek to move to the left. Martin needs to split that Hamrlik-Spacek duo up. Not cause they're not good together, but to even out the other pairing and so Spacek can play on the left

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 01:18 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
absolutly horrible? that's overdoing it. He's being overused, on his off position, and is said to be playing injured. But yea let's send him to the AHL so we can get Mathieu Carle into the lineup.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 01:26 PM
Booba
Fier, ému and proud

I guess that are going to use 7 dman and leave Stewart and Chipchura in the pressbox.

I am surprised that O'Byrne wasn't send down to Hamilton for a couple of games to get back in shape

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
now that Ob is back i really really wish MAB would sit. His cons really out-weigh his pros. Sure he has a great shot but his horrible defensive game hurts the team way more than his shot helps us.
When Gill returns, MAB will sit

Agalloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 04:35 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Fantastic!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 04:38 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
I'm sure Carle would look great if he were playing 24+ minutes against the other team's best lines...

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 04:40 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
Or O'Byrne. Depends on how well he plays while Gill is out.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:48 PM
JackZap

still didnt like the fact that we didnt give more ice time to Carle. Leach isnt part of your long term plan, why not play the kid?

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:52 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agalloch View Post
You need a mix of styles. We can't have ONLY larger, slow, offensively challenged D-men.

With everyone healthy, Markov playing 28 minutes, Hammer 25 minutes, Spacek 22 minutes, Gorges 20, that leaves only 25 minutes for O'Byrne and one last D-man combined. It might as well be MAB playing 10 minutes a game including PP, and maybe a bit more when we need a goal.

I also don' know why Spacek is getting so much criticism on this board; he is a plus player on a minus team, yet he usually faces the opposing teams' best forwards. The only way this makes sense is if Hamrlik is really playing well enough for both of them. Hmm....maybe he his, after all. I guess I'll try to watch Spacek more closely for a while.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:54 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
still didnt like the fact that we didnt give more ice time to Carle. Leach isnt part of your long term plan, why not play the kid?
I'm not sure I'm ready to say that yet. Leach is not that much older than Scuderi who took a long time to be NHL-ready, and if there is an opportunity to deal Gill at the deadline with the Habs out of contention, I would be happy to play the Jay Leach I have seen for the last three games in his place.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Ceux de Montreal
help

Hamrlik - Spacek
O'Byrne - Gorges
MAB - Leach

oh well.. a little bit better...

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:57 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I'm not sure I'm ready to say that yet. Leach is not that much older than Scuderi who took a long time to be NHL-ready, and if there is an opportunity to deal Gill at the deadline with the Habs out of contention, I would be happy to play the Jay Leach I have seen for the last three games in his place.
Leach did an honest job, he wasnt horrible or anything. Just wondering if Jay Leach is part of our long term plans. Agreed he didnt do worse than Gill but I think Hal was playng injured also. Anyways, as long as they win!

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Hamrlik - Spacek
O'Byrne - Gorges
MAB - Leach

oh well.. a little bit better...

i know Mara hasn't been playing well but i assume its Leach that will be benched.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote