HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Monarchs @ Wolf Pack 12-11-04

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Kovy274Hart

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
One other comment. Though he got thrown out for third man in, Taylor played a mean game. I really like how he plays D. He does need to work on staying out of the box. But he uses his size well and could develop into the kind of mean D we haven't had.

Old
12-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Balej20*

Just got in from work. Wow, seems like we had a great game tonight...whats the deal with all these penalties though, my god. Another win over the "best" team in the league, very nice. I cant wait to see some of these guys in Ranger Blue, playing their butts off everynight. It will be a nice change from the past 7 seasons.

Old
12-12-2004, 01:27 AM
noodlemike

i caught half of the game....can somebody tell me what this is all about

Hartford - Jake Taylor - (Tripping), 2 min, 7:38
Hartford - Jake Taylor - (Fighting (Intervenor) Game Misconduct) (56(d)), 10 min, 7:38

Old
12-12-2004, 03:25 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlemike
i caught half of the game....can somebody tell me what this is all about

Hartford - Jake Taylor - (Tripping), 2 min, 7:38
Hartford - Jake Taylor - (Fighting (Intervenor) Game Misconduct) (56(d)), 10 min, 7:38
he was a third man in on a fight.

Old
12-12-2004, 07:19 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

Last night was a clear indication of what Renney was talking about

Going forward anytime you play the Rangers you better come with your chin strap on. 9 seconds into the game Liffiton sends a message. Later Taylor, cage and all, goes to the aid of a team mate! Murray, Hollweg, Ortmeyer is a nice banging line.
The more I watch Weller play the more convinced that I would rather have a team guy like him that could actual play then to have a Puriton who is one dimemsional. Weller reminds me a bit of Rick Chartraw that use to play the same role on those great Canadien's teams of Lafleur, Dryden, Robinson, et al.

I know Hamilton was signed as a scorer. but geez, you can clearly see why this guy is a minor leaguer. Mr. Turnover!

Old
12-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
he was a third man in on a fight.
There were 8 to 10 scrums in the 2nd alone, each of which had a "3rd man in" at some point, in addition to a 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. Perhaps the officials were just trying to send a message and made an example of Taylor.

Old
12-12-2004, 08:14 AM
Davisian

I love watching this team.. They all stick up for eachother, and none shy away from physical play..

For this game at least, I was most impressed with Giroux, Weller and Wiseman up front, and Liffiton on the blueline.

I don't care where he was/wasn't drafted, or how long he's been in the minors, nobody can convince me that Chad Wiseman doesn't deserve a spot on the Rangers when the league starts up..

Old
12-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Fletch

I missed most of the third...

as I 'TiVO'd' the game and because of the scrums, I didn't get it all, but the 'Pack are a bunch of fighters. This is a team with a bunch of players you can grow to like. No real superstars. No real exciting guys, but just mostly a bunch of hardworking bangers that you like to root for.

I disagree a little with you Davisian in terms of players. I thought Liffiton struggled somewhat on the blueline and could be more physical. He's still young and that will likely come with comfidence. I didn't think Wiseman was particularly strong on the puck. He had a couple chances, but wasn't altogether active. I thought Hollweg played well (loved that backhand goal) and I like Helminen, although he seems small out there. I thought Lundmark had a good first period and basically sucked thereafter. Balej too. I liked Moore a good deal. He hustles, gets to the puck, and make things happen. He's good defensively. I like him with Giroux, although I think Hamilton's a waste - looking for the homerun pass and not getting his nose dirty.

As of now, I don't even know how it turned out, but this team competes. Those 5-on3s in the second got a bit out of hand, though.

Old
12-12-2004, 08:51 AM
Kovy274Hart

Send a message via AIM to Kovy274Hart
Weller is a lot like Mathieu Dandenault. Dandenault can play both D and forward for Detroit and is a decent skater. Very versatile. That's how I see Weller.

Old
12-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Larry Melnyk

On the front line , Ryan Hollweg (flat out better then Garth Murray) will be the perfect player to have on the NYR 4th line if there ever is a season...This kid can do a little bit of everything...Gotta love Weller (where-ever he plays) and Moore too , not to mention that goal scoring maching Giroux..Quite a few others also...

Old
12-12-2004, 10:31 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovy274Hart
Weller is a lot like Mathieu Dandenault. Dandenault can play both D and forward for Detroit and is a decent skater. Very versatile. That's how I see Weller.
Dandenault would skate circles around Weller. Nothing against Weller who keeps on impressing me when I see him, but he doesn't have the wheels as Dandenault.

I see him more like a Jamie Huscroft. A versatile player who has an edge to his game.

Old
12-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
Dandenault would skate circles around Weller. Nothing against Weller who keeps on impressing me when I see him, but he doesn't have the wheels as Dandenault.

I see him more like a Jamie Huscroft. A versatile player who has an edge to his game.
Havenīt seen Weller much but Dandenault has tremendous wheels.

BTW anyone heard how long Betts will be out?

Old
12-12-2004, 02:00 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Havenīt seen Weller much but Dandenault has tremendous wheels.

BTW anyone heard how long Betts will be out?
Nope, he's listed as out indefinately. He may need surgery on his shoulder again.

Closed Thread