HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UFC returning to Montreal

Old
11-18-2009, 05:09 PM
jhayes

vCash: 500
UFC returning to Montreal

Wasn't sure where this went:

http://mmafrenzy.com/12220/lyoto-mac...1-in-montreal/

Quote:
A rematch between UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will headline a May 1 UFC event in Montreal, Canada, UFC President Dana White confirmed with Yahoo Sports’ Dan Wetzel on Wednesday.
Finally, another chance to return to Montreal! I loved the city the last time I went for that snoozer between Silva and Leites, although the same night Montreal had lost Game 2 against Boston or something like that, so everyone was in a bad mood.

Last edited by jhayes: 11-18-2009 at 05:14 PM.
jhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:31 PM
overlords
Hfboards

should have waited for gsp's fight to bring it back to montreal, unless there's a rule saying he can't fight out of his own city x number of times.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
should have waited for gsp's fight to bring it back to montreal, unless there's a rule saying he can't fight out of his own city x number of times.
Why ? It was sold out the last time without GSP, so they don't need GSP to fill the Bell Centre.

Maybe an event with GSP could fill the Olympic Stadium... How awesome would that be. Altough the view might end up sucking.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Why ? It was sold out the last time without GSP, so they don't need GSP to fill the Bell Centre.

Maybe an event with GSP could fill the Olympic Stadium... How awesome would that be. Altough the view might end up sucking.
Oh i'm not saying they need GSP, it's just sick when he fights here. I don't think UFC would work at such a big venue place like le stade. What's the biggest place a ufc event has been held at?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:46 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhayes View Post

Finally, another chance to return to Montreal! I loved the city the last time I went for that snoozer between Silva and Leites, although the same night Montreal had lost Game 2 against Boston or something like that, so everyone was in a bad mood.
that silva fight was crap but psyched about UFC coming back!

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhayes View Post

Well the first event in Montreal, GSP won his undisputed title and the next game, the Canadiens beat Boston 5-0 in game 7

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 07:04 PM
mrCoffea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Well the first event in Montreal, GSP won his undisputed title and the next game, the Canadiens beat Boston 5-0 in game 7
Yes, but the night of the event they lost to Boston, I know cause I had seats in front of the lodges, and they were showing the game in the lodges during the event hehehe

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Russian Warrior
SWAG

No GSP but a great Main Event nonetheless! Thanks Dana!

Russian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote