HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings v. Flyers: Post Game THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-19-2009, 12:13 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Leaving Staples.

I want to stab things.

Johnson really needed to punch Hartnell in the balls.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Jones needs to GTFO. He seemed confused and uncoordinated.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:15 AM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
I can't say I was expecting a win.

But still, nice game!

It was exciting, and really, that's one of the most important things

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Jones needs to GTFO. He seemed confused and uncoordinated.
Hey stop feeding those Flyer Fans!

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
Congrats on a good game guys. In that third period you gave us all we could handle, and I feel pretty lucky we got out of there with the win. You may resume winning now that we've played you.
Just take it to the Sharks. Make them look like purse swingers

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatthef View Post
Congrats on a good game guys. In that third period you gave us all we could handle, and I feel pretty lucky we got out of there with the win. You may resume winning now that we've played you.
Just destroy the Sharks. I will be watching.

Old
11-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
It's about Pride, showing any kind of emotion. . What did the Kings do that showed any emotion tonight. Greene has been the only catalyst for this team. When I see guys like Richards, Hartnell, Pronger & Carcillo talking **** and getting in the mix, I EXPECT someone on the team to answer the bell. It's about sending a message to the other team. . Fine, you know what, your right, let's just play Alexander Frolov hockey and not do anything when we get challenged both emotionally and physically. . . Seriously, I'm not advocating someone fighting every game but when players are being challenged, someone needs to take the reigns and push back. . .

I guess I'm the only one that thinks this way. . .

Bartender, get me a drink and make it strong. . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughty Number 8 View Post
I can't say I was expecting a win.

But still, nice game!

It was exciting, and really, that's one of the most important things
Agreed.

One of the more exciting games of the year, especially in the 3rd, thats all you can ask for. Lots of back and forth action, lots of good clean hits, scoring chances etc. Really proud of the way the guys battled in the 3rd against a really solid team.

Saturday is another tough one, we have problems with Cgy and its one of those damn Saturday day games.

GO KINGS

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I blame noname.

At least Kopitar didnt' get injured. That is what I was really worried about against the Flyers.

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:21 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post
Why must you remind us? I'm over it. You should be to.
Obviously you're not or the mere mention of it wouldn't set you off. I think you've still got more healing to do, my friend.

At any rate, that was the best chance the Kings were ever going to get to take control of this game and they totally flubbed it. This is a PGT and that's my thought...deal with it.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
I blame noname.

At least Kopitar didnt' get injured. That is what I was really worried about against the Flyers.
Did you see the closing seconds when the Flyers forward stumbled into Kopitar's legs along the half wall...I cringed for a second.

Old
11-19-2009, 12:23 AM
LAX attack*

You ignore that the Flyers have a damn good penalty kill

Old
11-19-2009, 12:23 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
It's about Pride, showing any kind of emotion. . What did the Kings do that showed any emotion tonight. Greene has been the only catalyst for this team. When I see guys like Richards, Hartnell, Pronger & Carcillo talking **** and getting in the mix, I EXPECT someone on the team to answer the bell. It's about sending a message to the other team. . Fine, you know what, your right, let's just play Alexander Frolov hockey and not do anything when we get challenged both emotionally and physically. . . Seriously, I'm not advocating someone fighting every game but when players are being challenged, someone needs to take the reigns and push back. . .

I guess I'm the only one that thinks this way. . .

Bartender, get me a drink and make it strong. . .
Are you serious if anything that is the most physical I have seen most of the Kings this year, stoll laid out carcillo twice, and a few other nice big hits were thrown.

You don't just go fight some goober like Hartnell just cause he got mad a JJ for rubbing him out, you don't think its part of the flyers game plan to get under the skin of the other team. But no now you want to "stand" up to them and take yourself out of the game for 5+ mins is just stupid.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:25 AM
KingLB

Quote:
The success/failure of a PP(5-3) has very little to do with the PKers and more to do with the inability of the team to get decent shots.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
Obviously you're not or the mere mention of it wouldn't set you off. I think you've still got more healing to do, my friend.

At any rate, that was the best chance the Kings were ever going to get to take control of this game and they totally flubbed it. This is a PGT and that's my thought...deal with it.
Woah woah Mr. Serious.

Of course it would be nice to see the Kings score, but they didn't. One thing they really have to work on is their PP and sadly their 5 on 3.

Old
11-19-2009, 12:26 AM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
The success/failure of a PP(5-3) has very little to do with the PKers and more to do with the inability of the team to get decent shots.
I disagree. Smyth makes a huge difference, but the Flyers were able to keep the Kings from being succesful in the front of the net

Old
11-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
That was the most flaccid 5-3 run by the Kings this season, bar none. I don't care who is killing the penalty.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:27 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Come on dude...1 shot on 2 minutes of a 5 on 3?

They played really well at ES tonight, but that was a big blunder

Old
11-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle121 View Post

Of course it would be nice to see the Kings score, but they didn't. One thing they really have to work on is their PP and sadly their 5 on 3.
Really all they need to do is watch video of the Flyers. They are doing it right.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
kingsfan25

Quote:
Regardless of how good their PK is, no team should look as ineffectual on a two-man advantage as the Kings did in that one.

IMO, tonight was yet another game in which the team didn't show any real urgency until their backs were pressed up against the wall.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LAX attack*

Well it's true that the Kings lack Smyth, and they looked unprepared to play on the powerplay, but it doesn't help that the Flyers have a decent penalty kill.

With that said, the Kings should have adapted to take advantage of Boucher sucking

Old
JDM
HFB Partner

In regards to that Hartnell/JJ/OD incident, at point some a guy like Johnson needs to not rely on OD to get in Hartnell's face when Johnson should have been. Flyer's gained big momentum from that and a 2 goal lead out of it.

Stoll/Carcillo was the right choice. No need for Stoll to fight that puke and he at least stood in his face and talked trash. JJ was indecisive when Hartnell was goading him. Either just skate away and ignore him to frustrate him further into taking a penalty, or stand in his face and call him a hairy pussrag or a big fuzzy tampon. If he drops the drops, drop him. Even if you lose the fight, you still keep the momentum flowing for the Kings. Give them a reason to get mad and take it to those pukes.

All that said, even though we lost I am confident we can win while Smyth is out. Lots of positives to take away from this game and if they come out with the fire they showed in the third in the first on Saturday, all will be well.

Last edited by JDM: 11-19-2009 at 12:56 AM.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Are you serious if anything that is the most physical I have seen most of the Kings this year, stoll laid out carcillo twice, and a few other nice big hits were thrown.

You don't just go fight some goober like Hartnell just cause he got mad a JJ for rubbing him out, you don't think its part of the flyers game plan to get under the skin of the other team. But no now you want to "stand" up to them and take yourself out of the game for 5+ mins is just stupid.
I'm not talking about hitting, I'm talking about the character part of the game. The liberties taken after the whistle. I.E - shot on Quick after the whistle blew, the man handling of Frolov behind the net, Cross checks at Brown. . . THESE are the incidents I'm talking about

Also, I like how some of you guys refer to JJ as a top 2 D-Man, which he isn't (yet that is). It would be well worth it for JJ to step up to Hartnell. . I don't think the Kings will go down by 2-3 goals if Johnson is cooling off in the box after setting an example for his teammates. . .

Old
11-19-2009, 12:31 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
That Hartnell/JJ/OD incident. At some a guy like Johnson needs to not rely on OD to get in Hartnell's face when Johnson should have been. Flyer's gained big momentum from that and a 2 goal lead out of it.

Stoll/Carcillo was the right choice. No need for Stoll to fight that puke and he at least stood in his face and talked trash. JJ was indecisive when Hartnell was goading him. Either just skate away and ignore him to frustrate him further into taking a penalty, or stand in his face and call him a hairy pussrag or a big fuzzy tampon. If he drops the drops, drop him. Even if you lose the fight, you still keep the momentum flowing for the Kings. Give them a reason to get mad and take it to those pukes.
JESUS CHRIST, NO WAY. . . SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTANDS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. . . .

Old
11-19-2009, 12:31 AM
BurningBright

hockey is a game of inches, sometimes the bounces go your way, sometimes they dont.

BurningBright is offline   Reply With Quote