HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Inspirational story about Moulson

Old
11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
srednalsi

vCash: 500
Inspirational story about Moulson

Sorry if this is a repost. I did not see it anywhere.

The NHL's version of Rudy and Rocky all in one

srednalsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 02:46 PM
Strummergas

Nice read. Thanks for sharing!

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 02:56 PM
E_Godard

Nice praise to Okposo.

Quote:
Moulson, a sturdy 6-foot-1, 204 pounder, said that while Tavares provides the sizzle on the Isles' top line, Okposo is the steak.

"Kyle's one of the strongest kids I've ever seen," Moulson said. "He went into the corner with three guys one night and I went in to help. He gets through all three guys, comes out with the puck an almost runs me over. I was apologizing to him on the bench, saying I should have known better."

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 03:02 PM
PuttinOnTheFoil624

Great story! It's awesome to see all of these guys have that comradery, and to see things start to gel overall for the Isles.

PuttinOnTheFoil624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 03:27 PM
Disgraced Cosmonaut

nice read. thanks for posting.
we're through a quarter of the season so it's a reasonable point to have a first impression. i like MM and i'm glad that he's on the team. if he goes on to be a 45 pt player YIYO who can chip in 18-22 goals a season, we've done well. if he's more than that, then wow.

Disgraced Cosmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut View Post
nice read. thanks for posting.
we're through a quarter of the season so it's a reasonable point to have a first impression. i like MM and i'm glad that he's on the team. if he goes on to be a 45 pt player YIYO who can chip in 18-22 goals a season, we've done well. if he's more than that, then wow.
Well currently he is on pace for alot more then that.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 08:52 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Great story. Gotta root for guys like that.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 09:04 PM
CrimsonBruin21

Quote:
"I know Johnny and the type of atmosphere he brings," Moulson said. "I wanted to play for a winning team and I can see that developing here. It's not going to happen overnight, but there are a lot of good things we can do with this team and we're starting to see it."
Music to my ears.

CrimsonBruin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Stercrazy

Too bad Kavasha didn't have .10 of what Moulson has. If I was Gordon I would keep him around just to set the pace of his hard work for the other players. But now I'm really rooting for him!

Stercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 02:11 AM
Steve55

I really respect the way Matt overcame a lot of rejections and kept on playing. On the TSN article about Matt Moulson, it claims that focusing on academics and business 'would have been a safer option' I absolutely disagree with that statement. What if he chose a wrong path in academics that really didn't suit him? The reason why I say this is that I quit baseball when I was 16 because I would have played with adults and I just had a fat belly because I was doing much better in school than I had ever before then. I quit ball, not beliving that I could ever play at any high level (such as college), and tried to find a field where I could make a lot of money WITHOUT assessing if I can ever succeed in it. I initially tried to do computer science due to its high demand 10 years ago, absolutely stunk at it, and tried to do chemistry because of it had a lot of jobs EVEN though I knew I stunk in the labs back in high school. It took 6 years for me to find out what I really wanted to do (sports broadcasting). Had I kept playing baseball, I may not have went down in the path that I did and wasted so many valuable years in his life. I am not saying I would have played at a high level baseball, but the stupidity I caused in my own life would not have existed and I would have been a more creative person. Even if Matt never played at a high level of hockey, I think he would have been a better person because he didn't give up on the game prematurely.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?i...=nhl-islanders

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 02:36 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithtown31 View Post
Music to my ears.
hopefully it's not rap.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 06:22 AM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
Well currently he is on pace for alot more then that.
yes, something near 40 goals and 70 points! But that is just this year and not over a few seasons. We will see

I like this quote from Moulson about Tavares
Quote:
"He had amazing skills in hockey and lacrosse, but it was his work ethic and competitiveness that stood out. If you know Johnny at all, he hates losing."
More than skills he works hard.....he seems to be the anti Yashin. Best of all, he hates losing, therefore I think that he will develop into a leader that will help guys on his team better. Just hearing the other day that JTav stays later after practice to work on skills was great and hopefully it will be infectious.
This makes me happy.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote