HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rozsival MUST GO

Old
11-19-2009, 06:40 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Rozsival MUST GO

Gotta love the Post.

Quote:
Is there anyone in the organization who believes Michal Rozsival remains an asset? Is there any reason for the Rangers not to get Bobby Sanguinetti here immediately so the club can assess whether he's ready? Or if not Sanguinetti, then someone on the blue line who will force foes to keep their heads up?

Give the Rangers and Tortorella credit for giving so many young players important minutes. If this becomes a rebuilding season, fine. If this season becomes defined by the progress of Michael Del Zotto, Matt Gilroy, Marc Staal, Artem Anisimov, Brandon Dubinsky, Enver Lisin and Callahan, that's fine, too.

It's not fine, however, to have a rebuilding year with a capped-out roster. That, rather, is ridiculous. Rozsival is chewing up nearly $26,000 a day on his annual $5 million cap hit. Deleting him by the end of the month via trade or demotion would clear an additional $3.4 million of space that increases proportionately with the season.

Moving Rozsival this month would allow the Rangers to be in the market for pretty much anyone who becomes available. Including, perhaps, a player who will look out for his teammates.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...ChAFEnIWIzJXHL

Get him outta here.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 06:44 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Anaheim needs a veteran defenseman.

09-10-$6 million in salary
10-11-$4 million
11-12-$3 million

Old
11-19-2009, 06:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

For you twitter guys,Brooks is on twitter

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie

Old
11-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Blowitzall needs to go. Ive defended him and bashed Redden ALL of last year. Redden has played very well up to this point, yet people still give him ****. Until hes a 25 goal 70 point defenseman he will never live up to peoples expectations, but with the way hes playing right now, Id have no problem keeping him until the end of his contract.

Rozwall however... has flat out bit the giant dick this year. Hes been worse than any Ranger. He is not the "new whipping boy" as many idiots on here like to think. He is simply not performing and there is a giant difference between not performing/hurting your team and being a scapegoat.

Marek malik is a example of a scapegoat.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 07:30 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabborik View Post
Blowitzall needs to go. Ive defended him and bashed Redden ALL of last year. Redden has played very well up to this point, yet people still give him ****. Until hes a 25 goal 70 point defenseman he will never live up to peoples expectations, but with the way hes playing right now, Id have no problem keeping him until the end of his contract.

Rozwall however... has flat out bit the giant dick this year. Hes been worse than any Ranger. He is not the "new whipping boy" as many idiots on here like to think. He is simply not performing and there is a giant difference between not performing/hurting your team and being a scapegoat.

Marek malik is a example of a scapegoat.
I wantr them both gone.

Redden, I want 10+ goals and 20+ assists. Is 30+ points to much to ask? Really?

That said, Rozy has been our most consistently bad defenceman last year and this year so far combined.

Redden is somewhat redeeming himself, but for what he gives this team he's being paid anout 3-4 million to much.

Rozy on the other hand is playing worse and needs to go.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:11 AM
blue2noise

Amen Brooksie!!!!

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:24 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I've always been a Rozsival supporter, but I'm inclined to agree with Brooksie.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:31 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I usually don't agree with Brooks, but that article is 100% spot on. I'm glad someone has the balls to write it in the paper.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:50 AM
ThirdEye

It's not even about the salary anymore. I just don't think he belongs on this team right now no matter what he's making because he doesn't bring anything worthwhile to table. Doesn't hit, inconsistent defense, inconsistent to non-existent offense, very poor poise, lack of speed, etc...

It's not the salary hurting us. It's the player. At least Drury and Redden still have their specific role on the team, despite the fact that we might not like them.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:50 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

how does one say......... "i told you so", in czech ?

hes been bad for a season and 1/4 now.

not gonna get better.

time to cut bait.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Who would possibly take this guy?

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:58 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

No argument here. Still, I would like to see Sanguinetti called up to see how he fairs before we ship Rozsival off into the abyss. Though, I'm not quite sure if Sangs could be any worse that Rozy at this point. I just don't want to ruin whatever confidence Sangs has gained in the last 10 months or so.

One has to wonder if we'd get anything remotely worthwhile in trade though. The only thing he has going for him is a budget friendly salary. Maybe Sather can play the "change of scenery" card, or, maybe he has some GHB left over from the last time he conned Gainey. I'd gladly take AKost for Rozy at this point.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 08:59 AM
Section311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Who would possibly take this guy?
The wolfpack

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:00 AM
ogie

here is an idea before we start going into disaster scenarios. How about putting Rozy with Staal. The two have played well together in the past and Staal can more than pick up on Rozy's defensive zone short comings.

Not that this is a permanent solution but a band aid until a better one can be found.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:10 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
here is an idea before we start going into disaster scenarios. How about putting Rozy with Staal. The two have played well together in the past and Staal can more than pick up on Rozy's defensive zone short comings.

Not that this is a permanent solution but a band aid until a better one can be found.
Staal has sucked nearly as bad since Torts is forcing him to be Brian Leetch

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:12 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

The best part is admitting this being a rebuilding year to allow the young players to get their legs under them. I think Sanguinetti should be up.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

on one hand brooks is demanding that the rangers become more physically tough, and on the other he wants us to get rid of Rozsival to bring up Pasta....thats an interesting justification...and you cant use the clearing cap space to bring someone in to fill that role, because we already have way too many players.

Its amazing how much winning masks your weaknesses. The Rangers were soft to start the season, and rattled off a 7-3-1 record or something like that....now that were like 4-6 in our last 10, were in a rebuilding year.

The kneejerk reactions apparently extend to the beat reporters as well.

i have no problem whatsoever trading off Rozsival...in fact id call it a necessity to keep Staal. With that said, the Red Wings are always one of the softer teams in the league, and they dont seem to have problems because THEY WIN....in a few weeks when were back on our winning ways this will look stupid. Losing magnifies, winning hides...let's start winning out there.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:19 AM
sunbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Anaheim needs a veteran defenseman.

09-10-$6 million in salary
10-11-$4 million
11-12-$3 million

Maybe they do. Dunno. I just can't imagine they'd trade / let go Pronger and Beauchemin and take Rozsie instead for nearly the same amount of money / cap space.

About Wade Redden. No, I would never boo him or naything. He does not suck, which is good change for sure. But of course I do expect much much more from somebody of his salary. It does not have to be plain point production. But if you have to remove 6,5 M guy from PP to protect him from pressure and not to ruin his confidence . . . I don't know. It's a joke IMO.

sunbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:22 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post

really
bad
idea

neither can handle the puck
neither belong any where near center ice.
neither can defend all that well

prefer rozy goes away

Old
11-19-2009, 09:24 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Ditto. It's sad when you think about how well he played during his first two years here.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:25 AM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
same here. although I would love to see Heikkinen brought up.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:27 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
on one hand brooks is demanding that the rangers become more physically tough, and on the other he wants us to get rid of Rozsival to bring up Pasta....thats an interesting justification...and you cant use the clearing cap space to bring someone in to fill that role, because we already have way too many players.

Its amazing how much winning masks your weaknesses. The Rangers were soft to start the season, and rattled off a 7-3-1 record or something like that....now that were like 4-6 in our last 10, were in a rebuilding year.

The kneejerk reactions apparently extend to the beat reporters as well.

i have no problem whatsoever trading off Rozsival...in fact id call it a necessity to keep Staal. With that said, the Red Wings are always one of the softer teams in the league, and they dont seem to have problems because THEY WIN....in a few weeks when were back on our winning ways this will look stupid. Losing magnifies, winning hides...let's start winning out there.
Look at the players on Detroit now and the players they've won the cup behind. Zetterberg, Yzerman, Lidstrom, Shanahan, Datsyuk, Konstantinov, Federov, etc...

They can make up for what they lack in toughness with skill... by a lot. They are one of the only teams that can actually do that though because of their constant surplus of skilled players. This team is not even close in the skill department, so it's irrelevant right now.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:31 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
same here. although I would love to see Heikkinen brought up.
exactly.

my thought is well see a bit of both if and when rozy is shown the door

Old
11-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Kostik

Too hard to excuse his performance nowadays...
He was great steal for Rangers during his first three years here.
Seems like Torts and Slats are afraid to go with three rookies in line up...but the way Sangs is playing, he will not be worse than Rozsi.
Rozsi needs to pick it up, he can do it...just needs to play with more intensity.
I don't think he will fetch any interest around the league..

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:32 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

this is beyond old new for us

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote