HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rozsival MUST GO

Old
11-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
For you twitter guys,Brooks is on twitter

http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie
I've always called him a twit

Seriously Larry, welcome to last year......

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:41 AM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I've always called him a twit

Seriously Larry, welcome to last year......
This softie trend goes far beyond last year. I applaud brooks for not writing the usual puff pieces you see. he's the only one that calls out how mediocre this team has been for years now.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Synergy27

Who in their right mind would take this player off Sather's hands?

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Rags225

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
exactly.

my thought is well see a bit of both if and when rozy is shown the door
and they probably both should play some. WE need to find out if they can play in this league or not. If they both don't look out of place, then after the season we know we can drop Girardi and use one of them next year and have a very very young and growing defense of:

Redden, Staal, Gilroy, MDZ, Heikkinnen, Sangs. Which in all fairness might not be that bad of a defense. I mean, they might not be the toughest but we have a shutdown dman in Staal. A stablizing dman in Redden. then two way play of Gilroy, MDZ, Heikkinen, and Sangs. Plus we still have McD and Sauer in the AHL who if we need grit could call up (sauer being first).

Just food for thought.

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Who in their right mind would take this player off Sather's hands?

"I'm on my way."

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Look at the players on Detroit now and the players they've won the cup behind. Zetterberg, Yzerman, Lidstrom, Shanahan, Datsyuk, Konstantinov, Federov, etc...

They can make up for what they lack in toughness with skill... by a lot. They are one of the only teams that can actually do that though because of their constant surplus of skilled players. This team is not even close in the skill department, so it's irrelevant right now.
that's for a championship caliber team...to be competitive though, I dont think you need to be all that tough so long as you have adequate skill.

let's also mention that having #30 between the pipes nullifies a lot of the players you mention when compared to who the Wings had between the pipes (not counting Hasek, who even at that point wasn't what he was during his prime)

I still stand behind my opinion that we should have gone for broke and traded for Heatley by waiving either Redden or Rozsival.

But that's neither here nor there.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:07 AM
ogie

Quote:
neither can defend all that well
wait you are saying Staal can't defend, are we talking about the same Staal. Maybe ive been watching a different team the past three years.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
wait you are saying Staal can't defend, are we talking about the same Staal. Maybe ive been watching a different team the past three years.
Obviously you never got the memo, ogie. The first two years of his NHL career don't count. The time period in which we judge a player is solely dependent upon how well it supports our side of the argument. From now on, please adjust your opinions accordingly.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Rags225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Obviously you never got the memo, ogie. The first two years of his NHL career don't count. The time period in which we judge a player is solely dependent upon how well it supports our side of the argument. From now on, please adjust your opinions accordingly.
I thought that was part of the user agreement when joining HFboards.

Old
11-19-2009, 10:40 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
staal can defend when he isnt fumbling pucks at center ice trying to be paul coffee

if he would just be that stay at home guy we all know hes destined to be, we would be fine. but no, torts is still searching for staals inner offense and has him lugging pucks through the dead zone leading to ugly turnovers and odd man chances the other way.

sure he can defend, when hes not asked to do too much.

keep it simple with marc and hell be fine.

leave the skating past centerice to guys like mdz, gilroy and redden.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
staal can defend when he isnt fumbling pucks at center ice trying to be paul coffee

if he would just be that stay at home guy we all know hes destined to be, we would be fine. but no, torts is still searching for staals inner offense and has him lugging pucks through the dead zone leading to ugly turnovers and odd man chances the other way.

sure he can defend, when hes not asked to do too much.

keep it simple with marc and hell be fine.

leave the skating past centerice to guys like mdz, gilroy and redden.
staal can't defend when hes trying to play offensive hockey, turns it over, and is behind the play trying to play catch up.

Torts is retarded in his handling of him, but i think he is realizing that by pulling him back a bit...let your offensive players play offensively, and your defensive players play defensively.

What made Beuke-Leetch such a great pairing wasnt that Beuke rushed the puck up the ice and Leetch played hard hitting defense...they knew their roles and complemented each other.

IMHO you pair Staal with Del Zotto.

That's just me though.

Old
11-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Staal needs to stick to what he is best at, which is a positional, stay at home guy. Hes not offensive, not a shooter or passer, or a big hitter. As i've said before his success if for a similar reason to Hall Gill's. Strong on the boards, good positioning, and good reach. He will never be an all-situations defenseman.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Staal needs to stick to what he is best at, which is a positional, stay at home guy. Hes not offensive, not a shooter or passer, or a big hitter. As i've said before his success if for a similar reason to Hall Gill's. Strong on the boards, good positioning, and good reach. He will never be an all-situations defenseman.
agreed.

Staal - Del Zotto
Redden - Gilroy
Rozsival - Girardi

though that 3rd pair genuinely scares me...

Wouldnt mind..

Staal - Del Zotto
Redden - Gilroy
Sanguinetti - Girardi

Old
11-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i wouldnt mind at all if Staal turned into our version of Regehr...

Old
11-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
IMHO you pair Staal with Del Zotto. That's just me though.
Not just you, I agree.

The problem is Beuk was content to be that guy - I don't think Staal will be. I think he wants to be part of the offense. And so, he's rushing it a bit this year when in fact he should be working on it gradually. Kids thinking offense and defense, he needs to stick to one for now.

Old
11-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Rags225

Quote:
staal can't defend when hes trying to play offensive hockey, turns it over, and is behind the play trying to play catch up.

Torts is retarded in his handling of him, but i think he is realizing that by pulling him back a bit...let your offensive players play offensively, and your defensive players play defensively.

What made Beuke-Leetch such a great pairing wasnt that Beuke rushed the puck up the ice and Leetch played hard hitting defense...they knew their roles and complemented each other.

IMHO you pair Staal with Del Zotto.

That's just me though.
wouldn't mind that pairing... wouldn't mind Staal w/ Gilroy either.

Old
11-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Rags225

Quote:
Not just you, I agree.

The problem is Beuk was content to be that guy - I don't think Staal will be. I think he wants to be part of the offense. And so, he's rushing it a bit this year when in fact he should be working on it gradually. Kids thinking offense and defense, he needs to stick to one for now.
and that should be defense on this team. I dont know if it is him, torts, or both (probably), but it ain't working.

Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Heres one thing to be taken into account.

Rozsival, Girardi, and Gilroy shoot right

Staal, MDZ, and Redden shoot left.

in Hartford, Sanguinetti shoots right, Sauer and Heineken shoot left.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Not just you, I agree.

i dunno...he seemed just fine the first 2 years...*shrugs* its up to Torts to get him to be a more defensive defenseman and allow MDZ to become the offensive presence.

On a side note, I think for MDZ to truly become an elite offensive player hes going to need to improve his foot speed a bit...hes surprisingly slow for an offensive defenseman...

Old
11-19-2009, 10:56 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Offensive defensemen make more money, therefore I'm sure that's what Staal would rather be .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
i dunno...he seemed just fine the first 2 years...*shrugs* its up to Torts to get him to be a more defensive defenseman and allow MDZ to become the offensive presence.

On a side note, I think for MDZ to truly become an elite offensive player hes going to need to improve his foot speed a bit...hes surprisingly slow for an offensive defenseman...
Staal WAS fine when he was just defense.

MDZ is young, that footspeed will improve once his leg strength improve, just a matter of time.

Old
11-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

It's a pipe dream. Brooks is only writing what he wants the fans to agree with. Rozsival is going nowhere, and he knows that as well.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 11:00 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:

his forte will be offensive zone play rather than puck transporter. at the same time, hes perhaps the best passer from the blueline that ive seen in a very long time... certainly on this team since brian leetch.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
his forte will be offensive zone play rather than puck transporter. at the same time, hes perhaps the best passer from the blueline that ive seen in a very long time... certainly on this team since brian leetch.
Agreed. Now I want to see the same passes from Gilroy.

Old
11-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Agreed. Now I want to see the same passes from Gilroy.
Probably be waiting a long time. I really don't see Gilroy as a strong passer. Was that ever his biggest strength? (That's a serious question).

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote