HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rozsival MUST GO

Old
11-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMotto View Post
Rozsival should be demoted if theres no market for underachieving defensemen, which I think speaks for itself.

What happened to accountability?

Sanguinetti isnt Pronger but at least its a fresh defenseman getting valuable experience if he is called up. SOMEONE other than Rozsival.

Theres no excuse, honestly.
Sure there are, you just don't want to listen to them.

Demoting him shows teams you think he has no value, not good if you want to unload him. And sure Bobby Sangs gets the experience but what if he's not ready? What message does that send to the rest of the team?

I'm not a Rosy fan, i've said all along Sather loves him cause he brought him back from oblivion after the lockout, but its not as easy as 'just dump him'.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 01:42 PM
RS085*

Didnt Tortorella say all players are under the same microscope regarding accountability, regardless of contract?

Whats more important is the message to the team considering they just demoted a $5 million player.

Rozsival sits in Hartford and maybe he gets pissed and joins the KHL, and dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

RS085* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Didnt Tortorella say all players are under the same microscope regarding accountability, regardless of contract?

Whats more important is the message to the team considering they just demoted a $5 million player.

Rozsival sits in Hartford and maybe he gets pissed and joins the KHL, and dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
he also said that he isn't a fool and knows you cant just sit/waive those players. accountability in the fact that Rozsival is dead last in TOI, is 2nd to last in short handed TOI, and averages only 54 seconds a game on the Power Play to MDZ's 4+ minutes per game...

there is accountability, and their is fantasy...youre living in a fantasy if you think they are just going to waive him. You have your accountability by who is on the ice more than others....Rozsival is on the ice less than every defenseman on the team...that speaks volumes considering his pay level.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
RS085*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
he also said that he isn't a fool and knows you cant just sit/waive those players. accountability in the fact that Rozsival is dead last in TOI, is 2nd to last in short handed TOI, and averages only 54 seconds a game on the Power Play to MDZ's 4+ minutes per game...

there is accountability, and their is fantasy...youre living in a fantasy if you think they are just going to waive him. You have your accountability by who is on the ice more than others....Rozsival is on the ice less than every defenseman on the team...that speaks volumes considering his pay level.

Thats not accountability then, thats just a waste.

Old
11-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Thats not accountability then, thats just a waste.
how is that a waste? The NHL is not a video game, you have to be realistic. You play your best players the most, you play your weakest players the least, and you try to move on WHEN YOU CAN...you dont just delete a player and create a new one to take his place.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 02:03 PM
RS085*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
how is that a waste? The NHL is not a video game, you have to be realistic. You play your best players the most, you play your weakest players the least, and you try to move on WHEN YOU CAN...you dont just delete a player and create a new one to take his place.

It also wears the **** outta your good players and he admitted thats not good. Someone in Hartford plays well, they get a shot. Nothing is guaranteed, contract notwithstanding.

Old
11-19-2009, 02:35 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I'm a pretty patient guy but it's obvious that Rozy needs a change of scenery. when your second highest paid defenseman is getting 6th defenseman minutes, something is very wrong. My guess is that Sather will shop him, possibly for some offensive help and what's possible is a "my problem for your problem" trade. You are not moving his contract without taking some salary back. Depending on how much risk you want to take, there are probably a dozen guys he could be flipped for.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 02:39 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Rozsival has to be moved not only for his play but simply for any cap space on an expiring contract. If the Rangers need to add a pick or something to make it happen, then do it.

It's more important going forward that Sangs or whatever defensive prospect gets the time in the NHL. It's simple. If these young guys learn to play together they will begin to produce together. It will certainly take time but having stop gaps like Rozsival in the way serves this team very little in the future.

I mentioned this in the Washington GDT and I stand by it. If Redden and Drury can be moved too, I would -- not that I hate any of these guys but these contracts are a monetary handcuff to player development.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 02:48 PM
haveandare

I've been a Rozsival supporter in the past but this season I can't honestly say that he deserves a spot on this team. The argument that they need to keep him out to show his "worth" to other teams falls apart for me when I consider that those other teams get to watch him suck every single night. They know he isn't good, nobody is fooling anybody. Sangs cannot be any worse than he is, and in the extremely unlikely case that he is the wolfpack is SO deep on potential NHL d men that the chances of none of them being able to compete as well as Rozsival is are slim to none. He has to go. Trade him for anything you can I'd say and hold on to that cap space until you find a playmaker that fits with these guys.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
what are you talking about?

haven't you heard that having cap space automatically = a Stanley cup this season? I've also heard that it cures AIDS and pulls troops out of Iraq...

scientists are also testing its effectiveness against the swine flu but results are inconclusive so far, however, I'm pretty optimistic
Funny stuff...and don't forget the part about Bush being to blame for the cap mess we're in.

Old
11-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I wantr them both gone.

Redden, I want 10+ goals and 20+ assists. Is 30+ points to much to ask? Really?

That said, Rozy has been our most consistently bad defenceman last year and this year so far combined.

Redden is somewhat redeeming himself, but for what he gives this team he's being paid anout 3-4 million to much.

Rozy on the other hand is playing worse and needs to go.
All we have gotten from Staal up to this point is maybe 10-points per season and solid defense does he need to go? Reality check, Redden has been the best overall defensive defense man on our team this year. It is so apparent to me that I don't know how it isn't clear to others. If Redden goes than Staal would have to elevate his game to a whole other level because he isn't cutting it defensively or offensively. He is the only young player on the team that has regressed in my opinion.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 03:30 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
All we have gotten from Staal up to this point is maybe 10-points per season and solid defense does he need to go? Reality check, Redden has been the best overall defensive defense man on our team this year. It is so apparent to me that I don't know how it isn't clear to others. If Redden goes than Staal would have to elevate his game to a whole other level because he isn't cutting it defensively or offensively. He is the only young player on the team that has regressed in my opinion.
Perhaps you have never heard of Michael Del Zotto. He even plays for the same team as the above mentioned.

If Redden has been our best defenseman, we're in severe trouble.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
And that doesn't even include Sauer or Kundratek, who could still become NHL players.
Or Heikkinen, who's closer to the NHL than either of those two at this point...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
One thing about Rozsi and his lack of physicality: he had that major shoulder surgery. Maybe that is why he no longer hits anyone anymore. It's not like he used to play the body that often, even when he was playing well...

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Rozsival has to be moved not only for his play but simply for any cap space on an expiring contract. If the Rangers need to add a pick or something to make it happen, then do it.
I think that's disastrous asset management. I'm only interested in moving Rozsival in a deal that improves the New York Rangers, not a PR stunt for disgruntled fans looking for a scapegoat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
what are you talking about?

haven't you heard that having cap space automatically = a Stanley cup this season? I've also heard that it cures AIDS and pulls troops out of Iraq...

scientists are also testing its effectiveness against the swine flu but results are inconclusive so far, however, I'm pretty optimistic
Seriously. We're 5 1/2 months out from a deal where the Rangers were on the losing end of talent for talent trade in the name of cap space, and where did it get them? The cap space is gone already, the team is worse overall and the majority is killing themselves to see Sather do it all over again. Just another spin through revolving door to nowhere.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 04:09 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post

Seriously. We're 5 1/2 months out from a deal where the Rangers were on the losing end of talent for talent trade in the name of cap space, and where did it get them? The cap space is gone already, the team is worse overall and the majority is killing themselves to see Sather do it all over again. Just another spin through revolving door to nowhere.
If you are referring to the Gomez trade, I think you are flat out wrong.

Old
11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
If you are referring to the Gomez trade, I think you are flat out wrong.
Because of McDonagh?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

[QUOTE=Melrose_Jr.;22207698]I think that's disastrous asset management. I'm only interested in moving Rozsival in a deal that improves the New York Rangers, not a PR stunt for disgruntled fans looking for a scapegoat.

Getting #33 off the ice is an asset already. Making room for the possibility of ANYTHING else.
We're not looking for a scapegoat, we're looking to not have anyone worthy of calling a scapegoat.

CHGoalie27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 04:22 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Because of McDonagh?
Pretty sure it's because Gomez isn't very good.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 04:26 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
I think that's disastrous asset management. I'm only interested in moving Rozsival in a deal that improves the New York Rangers, not a PR stunt for disgruntled fans looking for a scapegoat.

I certainly wouldnt call dumping gomez and clearing up room for Gaborik a losing proposition...at all. Gaborik has 1 less goal in 19 games than Gomez did all of last season so im failing to see your point here. If you're suggesting Drury shouldve been the player being sent I'd agree with you 100% but thatll never happen.

The issue isnt with dumping one contract for another large contract its dumping high end contracts and bringing in players who are actually worth close to what theyre being paid. Again somthing that wont happen until Sather is shot, fired or both. he'll always overpay underachieving players, thats just how he rolls.

As for Rozi, he probobly wouldnt be playing at all if it werent for his contract and Torts has done about as much as Sather will allow him to do, Hartford is not an option so we pay him rediculous amounts of money to ride the pine most of the game. meanwhile rookie dmen are thrown into the fire and the remaining top 2 lines are getting run into the ground....i say by any means possible get rid of him

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 04:48 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
It's not looking for a scapegoat at all. I don't even hate Rozsival. I just think that his production, play, and cap hit are MORE of a hindrance than letting a younger guy step in for him. You honestly think playing Sanguinetti the amount of time Rozsival gets right now for a MUCH smaller cap hit isn't going to give the Rangers the same if not better chance to win?

In the short term its debateable, in the near future (1-2 years) it isn't. I'll wait for SoS or another person who loves Rozsival to come in here and bash me, but I'm trying to be realistic about the team moving forward (and yes being competitive this season).

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
I certainly wouldnt call dumping gomez and clearing up room for Gaborik a losing proposition...at all. Gaborik has 1 less goal in 19 games than Gomez did all of last season so im failing to see your point here.
The net effect is a team that's less competitive.

I don't see how you improve this team with $3.4M in cap space and a less experienced defense.

Old
11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Perhaps you have never heard of Michael Del Zotto. He even plays for the same team as the above mentioned.

If Redden has been our best defenseman, we're in severe trouble.
I said Redden has been our best defense man defensively. You really think Del Zotto has been the most sound defense man in terms of defense? I don't. I think he has been our best offensive defense man. No one has played as well as Redden defensively and on a team where our defense is porous I consider that to be most important.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
It's not looking for a scapegoat at all. I don't even hate Rozsival. I just think that his production, play, and cap hit are MORE of a hindrance than letting a younger guy step in for him. You honestly think playing Sanguinetti the amount of time Rozsival gets right now for a MUCH smaller cap hit isn't going to give the Rangers the same if not better chance to win?

In the short term its debateable, in the near future (1-2 years) it isn't. I'll wait for SoS or another person who loves Rozsival to come in here and bash me, but I'm trying to be realistic about the team moving forward (and yes being competitive this season).
So put Sanguinetti in! Obviously, Torts isn't bashful about benching a guy or using 'Pack players, so what's stopping him from making the assessment? Tell me!

Trust me MU, I'm all for seeing who's capable of what. What I'm not for is making a bold declaration of instant success for an AHL'er who was literally blown away in camp 8 weeks ago by almost all of his competition.

Old
11-19-2009, 05:20 PM
RS085*

If I were to grade the defenseman itd go as follows:

Redden- B - been the most consistent and steady defenseman, he will never live up to his contract but contract aside, hes playing just fine

Del Zotto - A - hes been a pleasant surprise, hes got poise and great vision and has contributed more than we could ask for in points and on the PP, hes only going to get stronger and mature as time goes on but so far so good

Gilroy - B - he can really skate and has been steady defensively although he hasnt produced as much offense as id thought. he tries but comes up short but still playing pretty sound defense for the most part

Staal - C - hes been pushed to play offensively and join the rush which has proven to be a disaster and has cost us games at key times. he needs to work on his offense but not at the expense of his shutdown game. we really need him to be playing his strong defensive game. too many people are viewing him with a "what have you done for me lately" lens. i think theyre all off their rocker. hes one of the best up and coming shutdown defensemen in the league, stick to that.

Girardi - C - he hasnt been consistent at all, blows coverage at key times, very slow but decent shot. probably our biggest defensive asset to trade since hes not getting a $5 million paycheck. has upside but this years been pretty poor for him.

Rozsival - D - he just ****ing sucks. period. and on top of that hes taking up $5 million of our cap.

the day Rozsival is off the Rangers, i am seriously going to throw a party