HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Derick Brassard

Old
10-08-2009, 03:08 AM
CoachWithNoTeam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Its exciting, but scary too. That line might just the youngest line in the NHL, and is definitely the least experienced line in the NHL. Brassard has half a season, Nik's a rookie, and Jake's barely a sophomore.
I would expect to see us using a combination of the 1st and 3rd lines to counter sj's top end forwards. The 2nd line will obviously be used as an offensive weapon and their ice time could be cut way back if we need defense. They may not have much expirence in terms of games played but these three players are all very very dynamic offensive forwards. Hitch is good at managing his lines on the fly and he will use the kids when they are needed. If you need a little comfort look up the Brassard to Voracek goal for the home opener vs Nashville last year.

We are no longer a one dimensional team. Now we win games by teamwork, supreme goal tending, high scoring offense, and out working the opposition.

Last edited by CoachWithNoTeam: 10-08-2009 at 03:18 AM.
CoachWithNoTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 03:17 AM
CoachWithNoTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Exactly, it's way to young and inexperienced for much hope of success. I doubt it lasts past the first period in SJ...
I wouldn't be surprised to see the lines flopped back to the way they were the first 2 games. But I would be even less surprised to see them rack up some points and dominate on the rush.

CoachWithNoTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2009, 07:55 AM
hashmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
With you telling us Brassard was not looking good 24 hours before anyone knew the new the lines in practice today is sort of neet, you know the future like no poster I've ever read.
It was pretty easy for me to see that Brass was struggling. I guess the coach saw it to, eh?

Quote:
Brass won't be on the second line for long, Vermette is not a first line center. You and Hitch are dying to put Filatov on the fourth line, why keep teasing him, just do it. If Hitchcock was smart he would put Nash with Filtov and Brassard and call it whatever line you want.
Vermette isn't a first line center but Brass, a guy who is basically a rookie, is?

Quit begin ridiculous about your 'you and Hitch stuff', seriously.

Filatov on the 4th line? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Hitch wants our 4th line for energy and Blunden, Boll, Dorsett, Murray, Torres are the guys who are going to bang and crash, not Filatov so Filatov either plays with Brass and Jake or he sits. Sucks for him, but until he is capable of managing the puck better and managing the speed of the game, he will sit.

That 2nd line will be Torres-Brassard-Jake for most of the game anyway. Like I said in the other thread last year when it was two flat rookies in Brassard and Jake with Chimmer it worked great and was the best line on the team for awhile, but now we are too fragile and inexperienced to put those two out there together. Gimme a break.

hashmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
LHJMQFAN

I have a friend who knows Brassard personnally because they were living in the same neighbourhood and apparently Brass is not happy to be on the second line. He feels he should be on the first line and Vermette should be demoted... to be continued...

LHJMQFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 03:07 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHJMQFAN View Post
I have a friend who knows Brassard personnally because they were living in the same neighbourhood and apparently Brass is not happy to be on the second line. He feels he should be on the first line and Vermette should be demoted... to be continued...
Im a huge Brassard fan, but if he wants to be on the first line, Give them a reason to put you there

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 03:15 PM
aRussian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHJMQFAN View Post
Not to sound mean, but I won't get worked up over things just because of the source in this case.
I mean, those who followed "Nikita Filatov" on Twitter should have learned about where news is coming from.

But again, I don't mean to sound mean. Just trying to keep sanity

aRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2009, 05:20 PM
FiveHole23

I have a friend who has a friend who has a sister who has a dog that knows your friend and he said your full of ****.

FiveHole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 04:53 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Bump

What has Brass been doing wrong to get demoted from the 1st line to the 4th?

Old
10-25-2009, 05:09 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Brass hasn't been doing anything at all, and that's the problem.

ClevelandJacketFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 06:38 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJacketFan View Post
Brass hasn't been doing anything at all, and that's the problem.
Hes got more points than Huselius, Umberger isn't doing much better (in stats)

Old
10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
skimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Hes got more points than Huselius, Umberger isn't doing much better (in stats)
Brassard: 1-4-5 -6
Huselius: 4-4-8 +1

Eight is more than five.

skimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2009, 07:01 PM
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimp View Post

Eight is more than five.
Liberal propaganda.

Renion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 03:08 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimp View Post

Eight is more than five.
My bad, I was looking at stats from earlier this year.

But anyway, Its not all about stats but what has he done to be demoted that fast?

Old
10-26-2009, 03:15 PM
blahblah

Quote:
My bad, I was looking at stats from earlier this year.

But anyway, Its not all about stats but what has he done to be demoted that fast?
The top line has been getting killed by the opposing top line on the road. Power on Power we were getting destroyed. The little bit we did get was transistion. Very little if any forecheck. Bad defensive zone coverage and bad turnovers. Only one of Brass's points was even strength. I think that about covers it. What was it 2 games on the road trip where the opposition scored first on our top line early in the game?

We might see Brass back up there coming back home where Hitch can control the matchups better. Although Brass and Nikki didn't look bad together. Maybe keeping them together isn't a bad idea for now.

I think this is a small bump and we'll see Brass back up there soon enough.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
When Brass was first demoted it was after winning the first two games. At that time I didn't think Brassard was all that bad and did not think breaking up a winning team is smart coaching, the second demotion I agree with. I also like the line of Filatov and Brassard, they seem to work well together. I also liked Bluden with them the few times I've seen that line in action. I'd keep those three together for about 8 minutes a game if at all possible. Why not try rolling 4 lines for a game or two but please, keep this line intact for at least 4 games.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
I agree, Robert. I think rolling four lines... or at least, giving equal time to the bottom 3 since really, they all have potential to be talented lines, is a good idea.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2009, 02:43 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I think we need a good center. Brassard (by that time) and Vermette are not centers for the first line. If we want to be a success with the other temas in the West conference we must make something with it.
And what is happen Brass I think he has only crise. But Hitch does not remit crise young players only older. Compare the case "Výborný", when David played bad and played a big time in the first or second line.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2009, 12:32 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Bump again

Over the last few games, I have been noticing Brass is starting to return to last years form. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

Old
11-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
I didn't really notice him much yesterday, if I'm honest. The last I can remember him looking like a "force" was that game where he got slashed across the wrists, then came back and set up a goal.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 06:29 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Bump again

Over the last few games, I have been noticing Brass is starting to return to last years form. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?
At least when Nash can't get the puck on his stick, he resorts to slamming guys against the boards.

Derrrick needs to show some anger and start playing a more physical game when the game isn't coming to him.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Monk

He needs to fight more

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
He needs to fight more
Well, we do play Dallas next Thursday, and I'm sure James Neal will be in the lineup.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2009, 01:12 PM
MephistoIV

Send a message via AIM to MephistoIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Well, we do play Dallas next Thursday, and I'm sure James Neal will be in the lineup.
nice ive been waiting for that rematch for a while now

MephistoIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 10:06 AM
DenTone

Brassard

Why has his ice time been so low lately? I've been out to lunch for the last few games... can anyone fill me in on what's he's been lookin like out there?

DenTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 10:07 AM
xJarod

Send a message via AIM to xJarod
Don't know if this is the reason, but his right hand got slashed pretty hard about 3-4 games ago.

xJarod is offline   Reply With Quote