HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Prospect Thread Index and Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-05-2009, 08:52 AM
  #76
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,267
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobey Baker View Post
- Adam named Q Offensive Player of the Month
This kid has been a gem. Is he still lining up mostly at center?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobey Baker View Post
- McNabb out four to six with a knee injury
This blows. Hopefully it doesn't cost him any footspeed. And it was especially nice to see the offensive side of his game coming to the fore while not sacrificing anything in the ruggedness department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobey Baker View Post
- Kassian got a match/misconduct yesterday for a slew foot, could face a one-game sitdown
It appears Branch is letting the suspension stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobey Baker View Post
- Lagacé back after what I'd call a mild concussion (if you have symptoms but are not ruled concussed, I'd still say you were mildly concussed)
Hopefully he can pick it back up where he left off. It seems some of the questions about the team's prospect depth at RW have been answered as Lagacé and Tropp have stormed out of the gate this year.

__________________
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle
Chainshot is offline  
Old
11-08-2009, 11:15 AM
  #77
amherst84
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Anyone know if Corey Fienhage was drafted by a WHL team?

amherst84 is offline  
Old
11-08-2009, 11:23 AM
  #78
Hobey Baker
Registered User
 
Hobey Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Charlestown
Country: United States
Posts: 7,238
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by amherst84 View Post
Anyone know if Corey Fienhage was drafted by a WHL team?
No I don't believe he was, and as of now it doesn't appear to be an option. He was an 18-year old, "true" freshman last season and could have benefitted from a Jr. "A" season. North Dakota has indicated that they'd like to get him the lineup, but guys he could likely see action in place of (mainly MacWilliam, Gleason, and Blood) continue to play well as the Sioux have a good mix of skills going on their backend. When he does get his shot, it will be on him to play simple, safe game.

Hobey Baker is offline  
Old
11-09-2009, 05:39 PM
  #79
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,869
vCash: 500
Sabres' prospects partaking in the Subway Super Series for 2009 (4 teams, one Russian team, and one from the QMJHL, OHL, and WHL). It's basically an all-star team from each league and Russia.

Each team has 2 games, the Q is sending one roster to both while the W and the O are sending two rosters for two games.


Luke Adam has made the QMJHL roster for both games (obviously)

http://www.adtcanadarussiachallenge.com/news.php?n=1229

Zack Kassian made the OHL Roster for Game 2

http://www.adtcanadarussiachallenge.com/news.php?n=1232

Brayden McNabb made the WHL Roster for Game 2

http://www.adtcanadarussiachallenge.com/news.php?n=1236

jBuds is offline  
Old
11-09-2009, 05:44 PM
  #80
Hobey Baker
Registered User
 
Hobey Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Charlestown
Country: United States
Posts: 7,238
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Sabres' prospects partaking in the Subway Super Series for 2009 (4 teams, one Russian team, and one from the QMJHL, OHL, and WHL). It's basically an all-star team from each league and Russia.

Each team has 2 games, the Q is sending one roster to both while the W and the O are sending two rosters for two games.


Luke Adam has made the QMJHL roster for both games (obviously)

http://www.adtcanadarussiachallenge.com/news.php?n=1229

Zack Kassian made the OHL Roster for Game 2

http://www.adtcanadarussiachallenge.com/news.php?n=1232

Brayden McNabb made the WHL Roster for Game 2

http://www.adtcanadarussiachallenge.com/news.php?n=1236
Crawford (traded to Barrie earlier today) will also play with Kassian on the 23rd in Windsor.

Hobey Baker is offline  
Old
11-09-2009, 06:02 PM
  #81
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobey Baker View Post
Crawford (traded to Barrie earlier today) will also play with Kassian on the 23rd in Windsor.
Any idea as to the reasoning behind the dual rosters for the O and W? I'd think it has something to do with scheduling and availability, but I could be wrong...

jBuds is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 10:10 AM
  #82
CelticSabre
aka MillerTime
 
CelticSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobey Baker View Post
Crawford (traded to Barrie earlier today) will also play with Kassian on the 23rd in Windsor.


Crawford looks to be having a good season to date. 21 points in 19 gms

CelticSabre is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 10:24 AM
  #83
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,039
vCash: 50
Lagace and Tropp are both having big seasons. I wonder if either (preferably Tropp, IMHO) will end up being trade bait once turning pro. They're both 5'11'' and in the mold of the current top-6, at least sizewise. I'd like to see one moved for a little more size. I understand that Adam and Kassian will be coming up alongside them and will add size to the lineup, but I think we could still use a little more.

Zip15 is offline  
Old
11-10-2009, 11:24 AM
  #84
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,267
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Lagace and Tropp are both having big seasons. I wonder if either (preferably Tropp, IMHO) will end up being trade bait once turning pro. They're both 5'11'' and in the mold of the current top-6, at least sizewise. I'd like to see one moved for a little more size. I understand that Adam and Kassian will be coming up alongside them and will add size to the lineup, but I think we could still use a little more.
The thing is... the RW depth organizationally is so questionable at the moment after Kassian. Even if they turn pro eventually -- and there is nothing to say that they'll be successful at the AHL level -- they will need extra scoring in Portland. And if one of them pans out and forces their way onto the team, so much the better.

I'm not holding my breath though, only enjoying what they are doing right now.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
11-12-2009, 08:44 PM
  #85
bobermay
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Barrie/UofGuelph
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,919
vCash: 500
Buffalo Sabre prospect Nick Crawford was traded to Barrie today. I hope that he can help them out.... He's having a good season this year with 21 points in 20 games.

bobermay is offline  
Old
11-12-2009, 10:55 PM
  #86
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobermay View Post
Buffalo Sabre prospect Nick Crawford was traded to Barrie today. I hope that he can help them out.... He's having a good season this year with 21 points in 20 games.
Saw Crawford in his first game with Barrie tonight against Marcus Foligno and the Wolves.

Crawford played a tremendous game. Was solid defensively, playing a sound positional game. He keeps himself between the net and the opposing forward very well, and he reacts to the play like an NHL veteran. Offensively, he's incredibly smart too. Had three points on the night, a goal and 2 assists. What I like about Crawford is that he doesn't feel the need to take a big slapper from the point. He's comfortable putting a hard, accurate wrist shot towards the goal, and it creates scoring chances. He scored on one, and had another redirected for a goal. All in all, a tremendous first impression for him in Barrie, and perhaps out of the shadows in Saginaw, he'll start to garner the respect he deserves as an NHL prospect and top OHL defender.

Foligno struggled tonight. Took two bad, sloppy, undisciplined penalties to negate his teams powerplays. The first a tripping call, the second a high stick. Nothing like taking two different penalties with the man advantage to kill any momentum offensively. Also had a couple terrible giveaways in his own end, one a bad pass to the middle of the ice that was picked off at the blueline. Another where he was stripped of the puck from behind while trying to carry it out of the defensive zone. Both led to scoring chances, but not to goals. Offensively, he just isn't getting anything done. As a penalty killer and board player, he's effective, but the Sabres didn't draft him to be a 4th line plugger. Hoping that playing for his dad again turns his game around for the better as the season goes on.

__________________
OHL Prospects Blog - http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/
OHL Prospects on Twitter - @BrockOtten
Brock is offline  
Old
11-13-2009, 08:59 AM
  #87
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 56,267
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Saw Crawford in his first game with Barrie tonight against Marcus Foligno and the Wolves.

Crawford played a tremendous game. Was solid defensively, playing a sound positional game. He keeps himself between the net and the opposing forward very well, and he reacts to the play like an NHL veteran. Offensively, he's incredibly smart too. Had three points on the night, a goal and 2 assists. What I like about Crawford is that he doesn't feel the need to take a big slapper from the point. He's comfortable putting a hard, accurate wrist shot towards the goal, and it creates scoring chances. He scored on one, and had another redirected for a goal. All in all, a tremendous first impression for him in Barrie, and perhaps out of the shadows in Saginaw, he'll start to garner the respect he deserves as an NHL prospect and top OHL defender.

Foligno struggled tonight. Took two bad, sloppy, undisciplined penalties to negate his teams powerplays. The first a tripping call, the second a high stick. Nothing like taking two different penalties with the man advantage to kill any momentum offensively. Also had a couple terrible giveaways in his own end, one a bad pass to the middle of the ice that was picked off at the blueline. Another where he was stripped of the puck from behind while trying to carry it out of the defensive zone. Both led to scoring chances, but not to goals. Offensively, he just isn't getting anything done. As a penalty killer and board player, he's effective, but the Sabres didn't draft him to be a 4th line plugger. Hoping that playing for his dad again turns his game around for the better as the season goes on.
Thanks for the review Brock. Did you make it up to Barrie or was this on the tube?

It looks like Foligno has not had it click yet -- I'm still holding out hope that he takes a developmental jump at some point this season. He's tough, and a solid checker, but I'd love to see more finish from him.

As for Crawford... he and Southorn are somewhat forgotten in all the Sabres defensive pipeline depth. Both are pretty solid, 2-way guys. It's great to see him putting up the points.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
11-13-2009, 12:43 PM
  #88
mike8219
Registered User
 
mike8219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Nov 12, 2009 Sarnia - Peterborough
Kyle Neuber vs Zack Kassian

mike8219 is offline  
Old
11-13-2009, 01:38 PM
  #89
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Thanks for the review Brock. Did you make it up to Barrie or was this on the tube?
Unfortunately this one was viewed on the tube. Hoping to see Barrie live sometime soon though, likely the next time they visit Mississauga.

Brock is offline  
Old
11-14-2009, 11:53 PM
  #90
sfo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 276
vCash: 500
Corey Fienhage played tonight in North Dakota's 3-2 loss to St Cloud State. It's looking like he'll be getting some more time to show his stuff as North Dakota captain Chay Genoway was the recipient of a dirty check-from-behind/cross check to the head in Friday's game and is out "indefinitely." He didn't look too rusty out there tonight for having not had any game action in a while. He was thrown into a pretty fast, high-paced game and I thought he was solid, he did have one mistake that led to a goal, but that wasn't all on him, but aside from that looked like he belonged. The comfort level will come with more game action. He was an even in +/-, but other than that no stats. He was paired on the 2nd pairing with Senators draft pick Ben Blood -- that's a monster pairing since Blood is 6-4, 220 and Corey's no slouch either. I think he'll likely see some action next weekend as well, but that's just my impression based on what I saw of the hit to Genoway.

sfo is offline  
Old
11-15-2009, 12:02 PM
  #91
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,512
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
Corey Fienhage played tonight in North Dakota's 3-2 loss to St Cloud State. It's looking like he'll be getting some more time to show his stuff as North Dakota captain Chay Genoway was the recipient of a dirty check-from-behind/cross check to the head in Friday's game and is out "indefinitely." He didn't look too rusty out there tonight for having not had any game action in a while. He was thrown into a pretty fast, high-paced game and I thought he was solid, he did have one mistake that led to a goal, but that wasn't all on him, but aside from that looked like he belonged. The comfort level will come with more game action. He was an even in +/-, but other than that no stats. He was paired on the 2nd pairing with Senators draft pick Ben Blood -- that's a monster pairing since Blood is 6-4, 220 and Corey's no slouch either. I think he'll likely see some action next weekend as well, but that's just my impression based on what I saw of the hit to Genoway.
Thanks. I'm just glad that he finally got some game action.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
11-15-2009, 07:07 PM
  #92
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com
 
Buffalo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 500
Great scrap there.

My highlight of the weekend (prospect-wise that is) is seeing Conner Knapp get back on track.

Buffalo87 is offline  
Old
11-20-2009, 11:17 AM
  #93
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres
 
ImpressedDAHagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
lovely new setup at sabresprospects. i was just reading up on kassian. it would be interesting to see if we get a line of

Foligno Adam Kassian

ImpressedDAHagent is offline  
Old
11-20-2009, 11:19 AM
  #94
Hobey Baker
Registered User
 
Hobey Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Charlestown
Country: United States
Posts: 7,238
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post
lovely new setup at sabresprospects. i was just reading up on kassian. it would be interesting to see if we get a line of

Foligno Adam Kassian
thanks. I'm a little behind this week, but lots of good stuff happening. Adam was a beast in the Super Series. Lagacé had a solid game Weds. Tropp with another assist last night...

Hobey Baker is offline  
Old
11-20-2009, 06:11 PM
  #95
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
article about sabres prospects Alex Biega and his brother at harvard. good read!!!

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/Article.php?ArtID=116478

JeromeHP is offline  
Old
11-22-2009, 09:05 PM
  #96
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,624
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
here is a Hockeys Future write up on many of the Sabre Prospects ....

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...spects_update/

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline  
Old
11-24-2009, 09:37 PM
  #97
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,869
vCash: 500
So I guess Nick Crawford is having a good year, now with Barrie.

He's the 11th ranked PLAYER in the OHL in TSN's player ranks.

- Luke Adam is the 5th ranked PLAYER in the QMJHL player rankings, and...

- ... Jacob Lagace is 7th. Sweet.



http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=11685

jBuds is offline  
Old
11-25-2009, 12:17 PM
  #98
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres
 
ImpressedDAHagent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 7,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobey Baker View Post
thanks. I'm a little behind this week, but lots of good stuff happening. Adam was a beast in the Super Series. Lagacé had a solid game Weds. Tropp with another assist last night...
i am liking the way our junior prospect pool is looking. kassian, Lagacé,adam

whats the skinny on Crawford? he caught me by surprise.

i think we really lucked out with kassian. maybe his stock will go up playing for team canada like myers did?

ImpressedDAHagent is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 08:16 PM
  #99
HarriSateri
 
HarriSateri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Legace and Adam were phenomenal in the Super Series.

HarriSateri is offline  
Old
11-27-2009, 11:22 PM
  #100
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,395
vCash: 500
Saw Nick Crawford tonight against the Majors.

Continues to be outstanding for Barrie since the trade. Playing solid both ways and really establishing himself was one of the league's top defenseman. The game's opening goal in the first period by Stefan Della Rovere was all Crawford. Controlled the puck at the point and made a beautiful pass to Stefan Della Rovere in front of the net for the wide open tap in. He's got outstanding on ice vision and just keeps the game simple. I have a hard time wondering what type of impact he'll have at the next level, but he's definitely playing some inspired hockey right now. Had 3 assists on the night and now has 10 points in 7 games with Barrie.

Brock is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.