HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Orr vs. Carkner

Old
11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
SenorDingDong

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs247 View Post
As a heavyweight Neil rarely goes other heavweight's he would much rather destroy guys like Adam Mair, Steve Downie and Luke Schenn.

He ran like a kid last night from Orr.
He constantly turtles against other heavyweights always runs away.

SenorDingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Dean Vernon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
How is someone listed at 6'1 212 a heavyweight in any way? I know you don't like him but come on.

and he has fought many heavyweights, obviously does not always beat them (as he is usually around 3-4 inches smaller and 20 - 30 pounds lighter) but I wouldn't say he always turtles.

Dean Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Patty Roy

With a few exceptions, i kind of thought that Carkner was picking his spots earlier in the year...lots of his fights have been against non-heavyweights (Laperriere, Bitz, Downie, Craig).

He clearly bit off more than he can chew last night...Orr destroyed him. That may have been Carkner's first "loss", but he had 4 or 5 other scraps that could go either way. He's more like 3-1-5.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

I would not call Chris Neil a heavyweight. He is more a light heavyweight. At least if you compare him to guys like Laraque, Brashear, Boogaard, Carins, Fritz, Scott and so forth.

And when he came up to the NHL, he fought some pretty good fighters. He has fights against: Chris Simon, Paul Laus, Tie Domi, Matt Johnson, Eric Cairns, Wade Belak, Krzysztof Oliwa, Darcy Hordichuk, Doug Doull among others.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 11:09 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Yeah. He's "turtled" against some heavyweights such as Brashear, Peters, Parros, Cairns, Simon, Domi, Belak, Godard, Shelley, and Oliwa.

It's hilarious how whenever Neil comes into discussion, there is always some fool who falsely posts that Neil doesn't fight heavyweights. It's not even debateable.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 11:20 PM
ru4reals

Wow Colton Orr is a freakin beast. Put a beatdown on McGratton, and absolutely destroyed Carkner. Easily becoming my favorite enforcer.

ru4reals is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Quakmybush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
Yeah. He's "turtled" against some heavyweights such as Brashear, Peters, Parros, Cairns, Simon, Domi, Belak, Godard, Shelley, and Oliwa.

It's hilarious how whenever Neil comes into discussion, there is always some fool who falsely posts that Neil doesn't fight heavyweights. It's not even debateable.
I was at the Leafs/Sens game near the start of the season, he wouldnt even look at Orr he was so scared.

Also, no way Domi is a heavyweight, Domi was jsut a beast.

Quakmybush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 01:20 PM
longsuffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
With a few exceptions, i kind of thought that Carkner was picking his spots earlier in the year...lots of his fights have been against non-heavyweights (Laperriere, Bitz, Downie, Craig).

He clearly bit off more than he can chew last night...Orr destroyed him. That may have been Carkner's first "loss", but he had 4 or 5 other scraps that could go either way. He's more like 3-1-5.
Give me a break, Carkner is legit heavyweight, getting buckled just comes with the job. Except, Carkner plays almost 20 minutes a game to Orr's 5, and other than fighting, Orr is horrible, and I am a leaf fan. I thought it was pretty classless to keep punching when Carkner was down, Godard buckled Orr last year, and he did not try to get him while down. They will meet again........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPvVqNzMV68

longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
I think Boogard Laraque and Orr are dominate in the league right now for wins in fighting. (Lucic is still young and hasn't played much this season)

But, i think out of the 3 Orr is probably the weakest overall.

but if you could somehow make a fighting ability compared to size ratio, Orr is probably the strongest one then.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 05:15 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakmybush View Post
I was at the Leafs/Sens game near the start of the season, he wouldnt even look at Orr he was so scared.
Yeah, Neil was scared.

Chris Neil is a lot of things, but scared? Give me a break. Colton Orr is great and all, definitely top 5, but I can't see him scaring Neil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quakmybush View Post
Also, no way Domi is a heavyweight, Domi was jsut a beast.
Same with Neil.

Old
11-19-2009, 09:23 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
The heavyweight turtle just fought and went toe to toe with Eric Godard tonight.

Old
11-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Manny*

And Carkner scored. Lawl.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
6'1 Chris Neil just fought 6'4 Eric Godard, so Leafs fans can stop complaining about how he made Schenn his ***** last game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
And Carkner scored. Lawl.
He's such a solid defenseman. Just makes the right play everytime, hardly any mistakes or flaws in his game and has shown he does have some offense in there as he already has 2 goals and has had many chances that could've turned into goals.

And he just smokes guys and never backs down from a fight, gotta love players like Carkner

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

i miss orr.. thou i think he is a little bit overrated..

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Orr is hitting his stride with the last few fight my God Carkner got wasted in that one. And Colton can't skate lol , He is a favorite of mine but he isn't a good player
Wasted? beat yes but wasted no. Orr is completely worthless every second he's on the ice and not fighting. I really like Carkner - and would love to see the league evolve guys like Orr, etc. out of the game and have the fighting done by hockey players, not giant morons with decent balance.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
Give me a break, Carkner is legit heavyweight, getting buckled just comes with the job. Except, Carkner plays almost 20 minutes a game to Orr's 5, and other than fighting, Orr is horrible, and I am a leaf fan. I thought it was pretty classless to keep punching when Carkner was down, Godard buckled Orr last year, and he did not try to get him while down. They will meet again........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPvVqNzMV68
Agreed - Orr is a dick - shouldn't punch the guy as he's going down. He's part of the reason it's so easy to hate the Leafs. I generally want to root for most Canadian teams but it seems ever since 02-03 all the Leafs want to do is be tougher than everybody else. It didn't get them to the ECF then - just crippled the Flyers and ultimately gave everyone the ****ing no-fans Tampa Bay Lightning the Stanley Cup. guess I'm still a little bitter about that

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 01:01 AM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
Agreed - Orr is a dick - shouldn't punch the guy as he's going down. He's part of the reason it's so easy to hate the Leafs.
I've seen Chris Neil do this a ton of times. In fact, I think you'll find a lot of fighters have taken extra shots after someone has gone down. Sometimes it happens in the heat of the battle. I'm not a fan of hitting someone when they're down, but let's not lay this at the feet of the Leaf organization.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:12 AM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
I've seen Chris Neil do this a ton of times. In fact, I think you'll find a lot of fighters have taken extra shots after someone has gone down. Sometimes it happens in the heat of the battle. I'm not a fan of hitting someone when they're down, but let's not lay this at the feet of the Leaf organization.
The guy that said that wasn't even a Sens fan, why the hell would you bring up the Sens?

Old
11-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by s h a n Y e View Post
I think Boogard Laraque and Orr are dominate in the league right now for wins in fighting.
Belak, Godard and Brashear says "Hi!"

Old
11-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert #24 View Post
Belak, Godard and Brashear says "Hi!"
What has Belak done so far this season?

He has a win (against Parros) in his only fight.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by LV 426 View Post
What has Belak done so far this season?

He has a win (against Parros) in his only fight.
If we talk about a current top 10 list, we can obvious not just look at this ongoing season. And then guys like Belak, Godard and Brashear must be included. No matter how few, or many fights they have this season.

If we talk about just this season, then why bring up Boogaard and Laraque, who just like Belak, only has 1 fight each this season.

Old
11-20-2009, 02:42 PM
SpezDispenser

Orr should be prepared for round 2 next time the Sens face the Leafs. He caught Carkner - and as I've posted - beat him down really well, but Carkner will fight him again - and he'll open some eyes (pun kinda intended) to how tough he is.

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 03:43 PM
TheFinalWord

Quote:
The guy that said that wasn't even a Sens fan, why the hell would you bring up the Sens?
I brought up Neil for 2 reasons.
1. This is a thread about the Leafs vs Sens and the comment had to do with him liking Canadian teams except the Leafs which do things like this.

2. I've disliked Neil for this exact reason going back to his first preseason (I believe). I remember a fight he had with Gary Roberts when Roberts first arrived in Toronto. The fight was pretty even and the linesmen moved in to break it up. Roberts stopped fighting and began to break up when Neil gave him one last shot, giving him a serious shiner and perhaps cutting him. Now my memory may be a little hazy on all the details, but I've had a hard time liking Chris Neil since. Over the years, I've begrudgingly began to respect his hard-nose play, but I can't say I'll ever be a fan.

TheFinalWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:34 AM
tp71
Enjoy every sandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert #24 View Post
If we talk about a current top 10 list, we can obvious not just look at this ongoing season. And then guys like Belak, Godard and Brashear must be included. No matter how few, or many fights they have this season.

If we talk about just this season, then why bring up Boogaard and Laraque, who just like Belak, only has 1 fight each this season.
Because hes so scary, no one wants to fight him. The boogeyman gives the kiddies nightmares. Is it bad i dont even consider Laraque when talking about best fighters in the league anymore? Orr, Godard, Boogaard, Belak and Carcillo for the lighter guys. No laraque anymore...

tp71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:40 PM
TheyareGonnaGO

Quote:

Same with Neil.
Neil is tough but he is no Domi.

TheyareGonnaGO is offline   Reply With Quote