HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/20/09 Montreal @ Washington 7PM RDS/TSN/CSN-DC

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2009, 02:11 PM
LTL

vCash: 500
Here's a stream for tonight's game if anyone needs it: Link

Old
11-20-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
are you calling a win?
Not calling a win...I don't care if people aren't confident about tonight, neither am I. But some of the comments in here, I just find weak.

This is a weak fanbase, embarassing actually IMO.

Old
11-20-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticEntity View Post
I want them to lose since this season is a write-off anyways and you might as well get Taylor Hall.

It's quite simple: the team we're fielding right now has no business in the playoffs. This roster quite simply sucks. Tom Pyatt and Ryan White on the roster. Moen on the first line. Bergeron a regular D. Pacioretty on the second line when he could use seasoning.

If the situation was reversed and we had the Caps' roster, I would be absolutely disappointed if we did not crush our opponent.

In our situation, getting to the playoffs is unlikely, and there is a definite need for a gamebreaker. Every team has one. Atlanta has Kovy. Caps have Semin, Ovechkin and Backstrom. Sens have Spezza and Alfredsson. Ducks have Getzlaf and Perry. The list goes on. Unfortunately, the Habs' best firepower is Cammalleri and Gomez, the latter on pace to score 7 goals and having not cracked 30 since 05-06.
That's fine...i just find this attitude weak. You mentionned names like Atlanta with Kovy, Caps with Semin & Ovy, Sens with Spezza & Alfie and Ducks with Getzlaf & Perry...none of those teams have done squat except for the Ducks

I wish the fickle fans would just stop cheering for the Habs altogether...some of you have already given up on the season and I wonder why you all bother posting on the Habs board at all?

Old
11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Markovskaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Not calling a win...I don't care if people aren't confident about tonight, neither am I. But some of the comments in here, I just find weak.

I don't see how we're "embarassing". People are disapointed and some are just being realistic. We don't have a very good team this year so we might at least hope to

1) Get a nice pick and build on that

2) Hope to see some good hockey no matter if we win or lose, at this point !

OooOOoOh I'm sooo embarassed what are the coyote's fanbase think of us if they come around !?!?!

Go check out the leaf's board, now that's embarassing !

Old
11-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

yeah, some of the comments are a little extreme, but I think they are extreme on purpose. Some of them actually make me chuckle a bit. I dunno, maybe I'm reading into them all wrong

Old
11-20-2009, 02:29 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post
I don't see how we're "embarassing". People are disapointed and some are just being realistic. We don't have a very good team this year so we might at least hope to

OooOOoOh I'm sooo embarassed what are the coyote's fanbase think of us if they come around !?!?!

Old
11-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

If the Sens can beat the Pens 6-2, the Habs can beat the Caps 6-2 too.

Old
11-20-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovskaya View Post

It is embarrasing though...I used to think the Habs had the best fans in the NHL. But I realize just how fickle and conditional their support is now (at least the one's on this board). I seem to recall 5-6 years ago this board supported the Habs much more, and their roster at that time was MUCH, MUCH worse than anything the habs can ice right now.

I'm also down on the team, but not because of how they're peforming, more because of all the injuries and how it's affecting the teams peformance. But seeing comments like i've seen in this thread...it's weak. We're 20 games in and you're already giving up on the season, that's ridiculous. If around the trade deadline things haven't changed, then i'll join the 'hope to get a high pick' wagon that seems already full

But today as we speak, the Habs are 3 points out of a playoff spot and 5 points out of 5th place, this jumpint off the bridge attitude that many of you have is just ridiculous

get a grip man...pop some prozac, cheer up

Old
11-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Here's a stream for tonight's game if anyone needs it: Link
We don't need links to the game anymore, www.atdhe.net is stream heaven!

Old
11-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Markovskaya

Quote:
It is embarrasing though...I used to think the Habs had the best fans in the NHL. But I realize just how fickle and conditional their support is now (at least the one's on this board). I seem to recall 5-6 years ago this board supported the Habs much more, and their roster at that time was MUCH, MUCH worse than anything the habs can ice right now.

I'm also down on the team, but not because of how they're peforming, more because of all the injuries and how it's affecting the teams peformance. But seeing comments like i've seen in this thread...it's weak. We're 20 games in and you're already giving up on the season, that's ridiculous. If around the trade deadline things haven't changed, then i'll join the 'hope to get a high pick' wagon that seems already full

But today as we speak, the Habs are 3 points out of a playoff spot and 5 points out of 5th place, this jumpint off the bridge attitude that many of you have is just ridiculous

Hey they still have my support and the support of 99% of the posters here I think ! And I'm not all depressed ! I, and many others, are still hoping for the best !

And I agree with you, when I say we have a bad team, of cours it's in good part because of all the injuries. But it is what it is and we're dealign with long term injuries on key players and that, makes our team almost AHL caliber unfortunatly. (Ok maybe not AHL but you get the point )

Anyways this is a GDT so GO habs GO !

Old
11-20-2009, 02:43 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
That's fine...i just find this attitude weak. You mentionned names like Atlanta with Kovy, Caps with Semin & Ovy, Sens with Spezza & Alfie and Ducks with Getzlaf & Perry...none of those teams have done squat except for the Ducks

I wish the fickle fans would just stop cheering for the Habs altogether...some of you have already given up on the season and I wonder why you all bother posting on the Habs board at all?
This idea that you should always want to win and that's why you're a fan is stupid. I don't believe in that, and you can call it weak. Well, I'll call being a blind fan weak.

When was the last time a team won a Cup without elite talent at all? Answer me that. Not last. Not the year before. Not 2006-2007. Not 2005-2006. Or Tampa. Or again the Wings. Or the Avs. It's just not possible. The Habs NEED somebody like Hall if they want to sniff the Cup again. It's that simple. This year is a perfect opportunity to tank since there is a built-in excuse already (Markov). Like it or not, you will have to have a elite caliber player to win, and we just don't have one.

The season might only be 1/4 over but the Habs just look awful out there. At best they squeak into the playoffs and for what? We'll just get bounced early. Gionta is okay but is he even a first line winger? If we were getting 05-06 Gionta, that would be one thing, but I've given it the right amount of time and he just doesn't look like a true first line winger. How long are we supposed to wait before that version of Gionta pops up? Or that version of Gomez?

I think it would be wrong for this team to be good and beat a stacked team like Chicago. It's how I would feel if Toronto beat the Hawks or the Wings for the Cup with their current roster; it would just not make sense. I don't like the current makeup of the team at all with two overpaid second liners anchoring your first line. Yes, they're decent players, but many teams are better. I came into the season with hopes of finishing as high first in our division, in 4th place or at least in the playoffs. But that was based on the assumption that Gomez and Gionta would be better players than they've shown them to be. That was based on progress from Lapierre, Latendresse, AKost, MaxPac, D'Ago, and a bunch of youngsters. All these players still need to get better and it will take time - longer than this season - for them to all figure it out.

Old
11-20-2009, 02:48 PM
TroyM

I think we'll win tonight by some miracle. It'll happen. Price will be great. We will find unexpected offense. We will win.

So it is written, so it shall be done.

Old
11-20-2009, 02:55 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Need a big night from Carey Price. 2nd line needs to keep producing. Habs are going to show up tonight.

Old
11-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Spy
resU deretsigeR

OB in the lineup! This is starting to look like an NHL D squad at least.

Looks like Semin is injured on their side.

Old
11-20-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticEntity View Post

Quote:
This idea that you should always want to win and that's why you're a fan is stupid. I don't believe in that, and you can call it weak. Well, I'll call being a blind fan weak.
Everytime the Habs hit the ice and i'm watching them play, I want them to win...if that makes me a blind fan, then so be it

Quote:
When was the last time a team won a Cup without elite talent at all? Answer me that. Not last. Not the year before. Not 2006-2007. Not 2005-2006. Or Tampa. Or again the Wings. Or the Avs. It's just not possible. The Habs NEED somebody like Hall if they want to sniff the Cup again. It's that simple. This year is a perfect opportunity to tank since there is a built-in excuse already (Markov). Like it or not, you will have to have a elite caliber player to win, and we just don't have one.
Really? Do you have a crystal ball? How do you know Taylor Hall doesn't end up being the next Alexandre Daigle? The New York Islanders drafted John Tavares last year, does that mean a Stanley Cup is on their horizon in the next few years? How can you call yourself a fan and want to the team intentionally tank? If they suck so much that they end up last, that's fine, but wanting the team to lose just so they can draft your latest propsect crush makes no sense at all. You need several types of players to win a Cup, not just elite one's and no one knows whether Taylor Hall will be an elite player, maybe he'll end up being just a very good player, that's alot more likely.
Quote:
The season might only be 1/4 over but the Habs just look awful out there. At best they squeak into the playoffs and for what? We'll just get bounced early. Gionta is okay but is he even a first line winger? If we were getting 05-06 Gionta, that would be one thing, but I've given it the right amount of time and he just doesn't look like a true first line winger. How long are we supposed to wait before that version of Gionta pops up? Or that version of Gomez?
I don't agree that the Habs look awful...that's simplistic way of looking at things. Anyways, if you don't want to wait for the Habs to become contenders, you can go cheer for the Islanders, afterall they've got John Tavares right? Or better yet, you can cheer for whatever team drafts Taylor Hall next year cause I guarantee you it won't be the Habs.

Old
11-20-2009, 03:31 PM
shutehinside

These are the kind of games Montreal wins!

I say 4-3 Montreal even though we're going to get seriously outplayed.

Price with 42 saves.

Old
11-20-2009, 03:32 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Really? Do you have a crystal ball? How do you know Taylor Hall doesn't end up being the next Alexandre Daigle? The New York Islanders drafted John Tavares last year, does that mean a Stanley Cup is on their horizon in the next few years? How can you call yourself a fan and want to the team intentionally tank? If they suck so much that they end up last, that's fine, but wanting the team to lose just so they can draft your latest propsect crush makes no sense at all. You need several types of players to win a Cup, not just elite one's and no one knows whether Taylor Hall will be an elite player, maybe he'll end up being just a very good player, that's alot more likely.

I don't agree that the Habs look awful...that's simplistic way of looking at things. Anyways, if you don't want to wait for the Habs to become contenders, you can go cheer for the Islanders, afterall they've got John Tavares right? Or better yet, you can cheer for whatever team drafts Taylor Hall next year cause I guarantee you it won't be the Habs.
Maybe Hall isn't that elite player but you NEED that elite player, and the Habs just don't have it. We blew all our FA cash. You got any suggestions? And don't say...keep trying to win without an elite player. It just doesn't work.

Besides, who are you to tell people what being a fan involves? I have been a fan of this team for over 15 years and I remember all the dark days with Dackell, Berezin and even ****ing Juha Lind. What was great about the 2003-2008 Habs was that they were meant to be a stepping stone team to success: there were no cap-lock type contracts, just a bunch of talented entertaining players who you knew could always come back in a game. What I see now in comparison is a cap-locked team with no superstars and a few too many players chosen for leadership and size over talent. Maybe that's what you like to watch, but I've always preferred to have as much talent as possible.

I find it ridiculous and condescending that you think you're a better fan somehow for choosing to blindly cheer for them every game. You don't get to make the rules on what it means to be a fan. I've followed the Habs for a long time. I know all the players. I still watch all the games, except right now I want them to lose them all. Call me a weak fan again and I'll just do the same to you

Old
11-20-2009, 03:49 PM
bib
#believe

Putting all my vcash on the habs. I'm something like 8-0 when I bet on the habs. I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about tonight's game.

Old
11-20-2009, 03:59 PM
InglewoodJack

I have a feeling tonight's one of those, WOW they actually won. Kind of like last year's wins down the stretch.

Old
11-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Viggo Mortensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
Putting all my vcash on the habs. I'm something like 8-0 when I bet on the habs. I don't know why, but I have a good feeling about tonight's game.
Your vcash is 0, so betting all your vcash is impossible
And if you always bet on the habs and win, how have you lost your vcash?

Old
11-20-2009, 04:14 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:

The fan base sucks. Bunch of people who know nothing on hockey.

Old
11-20-2009, 04:15 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
All right I'm calling it right now...Ovechkin with 4 goals

It's going to be ugly
I can picture it now sadly

Goodluck tonight Habs

Old
11-20-2009, 04:16 PM
JackZap

pains me to say it 4-1 Caps

Old
11-20-2009, 04:16 PM
CanadienErrant*

Who's in goal for Washington tonight ? A rookie goalie out of the AHL. Semin + a couple of their regular D-men are out.

Habs have a very good chance to win it.

Old
11-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Megaforce

Patches has a scoring streak going.

Closed Thread