HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

McKeens New Rankings and the Kings

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2004, 05:05 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
McKeens New Rankings and the Kings

McKeens just released their new prospects' lists, splitting the lists into a top 100 for skaters and a top 30 for goalies. Since the lists are subsrciption-based, I'm going to remain vague on the prospects' actual numerical placements. Anyways, on to the highlights. . .

Grebeshkov and Brown both make the top 15 for skaters.

None of the Kings' goaltending prospects made the top 30 for goalies. Shocking, I know.

Seven Kings' prospects made the top 100 skaters list, more than any other organization I believe.

And for the shocker. .

Lehoux made the list. . .ahead of Kanko and Tambellini. I'm sure our esteemed editors exerted their vast influence and hockey connections with the McKeens writers on this one. We all know the unrelenting support these Lehoux diehards give.

In general, I thought the lists were well done and liked how they separated goaltenders and skaters. But a couple things were fairly surprising. There's Lehoux's placement, then there's Grebeshkov being 50 spots ahead of Gleason, which I find quite odd, given what we have seen of them here in LA.

FYI for everyone. McKeens prospect cutoff is 50 NHL games so Cammalleri is considered graduated.

Congrats to Grebeshkov, Brown, Tukonen, Gleason, Lehoux, Tambellini, and Kanko.

Old
12-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
McKeens

Grebeshkov and Brown both make the top 15 for skaters.

Lehoux made the list. . .ahead of Kanko and Tambellini. I'm sure our esteemed editors exerted their vast influence and hockey connections with the McKeens writers on this one. We all know the unrelenting support these Lehoux diehards give.

In general, I thought the lists were well done and liked how they separated goaltenders and skaters. But a couple things were fairly surprising. There's Lehoux's placement, then there's Grebeshkov being 50 spots ahead of Gleason, which I find quite odd, given what we have seen of them here in LA.

FYI for everyone. McKeens prospect cutoff is 50 NHL games so Cammalleri is considered graduated.

Congrats to Grebeshkov, Brown, Tukonen, Gleason, Lehoux, Tambellini, and Kanko.
I think Lehoux made it ahead of thos guys because A)obviously he's having a huge year and B)I guess he's considered more NHL ready...because of his time in Manchester?

I don't understand the rankings for our D-men but Oh, well congrats to these guys!

Old
12-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
I can tell you, I wasn't asked.

I can speak for Dave as well that neither of us are unrelenting Lehoux supporters. If we were to re-do our rankings today Lehoux wouldn't be ahead of Kanko or Tambs. His stock is rising, but he's till gotta prove he can do it consistently.

Old
12-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I think Lehoux made it ahead of thos guys because A)obviously he's having a huge year and B)I guess he's considered more NHL ready...because of his time in Manchester?
Oh, I agree that those are the reasons Lehoux made it. I was just a bit surprised at him being ahead of Tambellini and Kanko.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn

I can speak for Dave as well that neither of us are unrelenting Lehoux supporters. If we were to re-do our rankings today Lehoux wouldn't be ahead of Kanko or Tambs. His stock is rising, but he's till gotta prove he can do it consistently.
Geez, I even put a smiley face there. Just a little sarcasm.

Old
12-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:

Old
12-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Touche. Are there any plans for a midseason re-ranking of the top 20?

Old
12-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
The San Jose Sharks led all NHL teams with eight prospects among the 130 players ranked, with Edmonton and Los Angeles each contributing seven. Conversely, the defending Stanley Cup Champion Tampa Bay Lightning trailed the pack with just one prospect placing.
The Kings had the most skaters. No goaltenders though.

12-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:

Totally agree. While he has given signs that he is the player we all once thought he was, he needs to prove that he can maintain the same intensity throughout a season.

Old
12-10-2004, 04:00 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Flat-out underrated from the day he came on the scouting radar and he keeps getting better and better. A persistent goal-scorer who can beat you a number of ways. Very opportunistic, strong on his feet, and boasts an extensive shooting arsenal
Name this player

Old
12-10-2004, 04:52 AM
Homunculous

Quote:
Quote:
Flat-out underrated from the day he came on the scouting radar and he keeps getting better and better. A persistent goal-scorer who can beat you a number of ways. Very opportunistic, strong on his feet, and boasts an extensive shooting arsenal

Name this player
ummmmm, is it Flinn, it sound like Flinn, it must be Flinn!

Old
12-10-2004, 05:54 AM
Jungle Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Name this player
<=

Old
12-10-2004, 09:12 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

if it's brown, damn. this guy was ranked #2 in NA and was a #13 overall, how do u get "underrated" with that?

Old
12-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
if it's brown, damn. this guy was ranked #2 in NA and was a #13 overall, how do u get "underrated" with that?
It easy to slip in the draft. One pick too early sets off a chain reaction that causes other picks to drop.
Believe it or not, Frolov dropped quite a bit in the draft too.

Old
12-10-2004, 11:04 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
CSS is heavily weighted toward physical capabilities and attitude from what I've noticed.

Yeah he wen't 13 overall, but maybe the guy was saying that he should have gone top ten.

I'd certainly have take him above Coburn, Vanek, Kostitsyn, and Jessiman.

Old
12-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Jungle Boy

I donīt think that Bronw slipped that much, 2003 had a lot of talent and it was normal. The super slip for me was Tukonen. NO injury history, he had a great under 18 two months before the draft (1st in points - tied w/3), Gritty, Size, very good skater, good in his own end, he was expected to go top 5...
and then Wheeler, Ladd, VALABIK all those went earlier than him.

Old
12-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
It easy to slip in the draft. One pick too early sets off a chain reaction that causes other picks to drop.
Believe it or not, Frolov dropped quite a bit in the draft too.
Two words: Blake Wheeler

Old
12-10-2004, 02:38 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
CSS is heavily weighted toward physical capabilities and attitude from what I've noticed.

Yeah he wen't 13 overall, but maybe the guy was saying that he should have gone top ten.

I'd certainly have take him above Coburn, Vanek, Kostitsyn, and Jessiman.
wait, so who was it to ur question? brown?

also, i think i'd take vanek a(even though i think he's HUGELY overrated here on HF) and kostisyn before brown. coburn i don't know too much about him, but i think i also would have tkaen him before brown. jessiman, though, i thought we were goign to be forced to take this guy if brown were to go, which i thought to be the most likely. boy was i happy when he was still left!

Old
12-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Yeah. It wasn't really question.

Vanek is just too slow, and has no clue in the defensive zone. We both know that, that wouldn't fly under Murray or even Bordreau.

Kostitsyn is huge project; much the same way Boyle is. Then if you factor his health problems, no thanks.

Coburn is fine, he's got size and plays a good two way game, but he's just lazy.

Old
12-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Touche. Are there any plans for a midseason re-ranking of the top 20?
Yes, DFA and I have our lists together. We talked over the weekend and I think Dave is putting the finishing touches on the article.

Closed Thread