HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#19: Flyers at Sharks - November 20, 2009 - 10:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
who got ******* hurt now?
Powe got crushed by Murray

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:41 PM
SeanL44
Welcome to Hellbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
who got ******* hurt now?
Powe

SeanL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:42 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
sucks that Emery gets lit up by Pit, WSH, and SJS 3 of the top teams in the NHL
To be honest, I'd rather get him lit up by one of those three than by, say, the Leafs.

Lost to the best team in the NHL. I thought their second period was very good (despite losing it 1-2). Time to move on.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:42 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
So we see how we stack up against an elite Western Conference team for the second time and its not pretty.... how about that defense down low tonight??? good stuff all around... "help"
Dude **** happens. Teams have time to improve. Plus the Sharks will lose to the 8th place team in the West in the first round again so its all good.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:43 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

you know what, screw it, I blame this **** on Twilight, and everyone who paid money to watch it!!

You think Powe will be out for a while?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
sucks that Emery gets lit up by Pit, WSH, and SJS 3 of the top teams in the NHL
And in all of these games were defensive breakdowns.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Dude **** happens. Teams have time to improve. Plus the Sharks will lose to the 8th place team in the West in the first round again so its all good.
hahaha I'm not worried who they lose to again in the first round,... just more or less who the flyers might play in the first round... dare I say, again??

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:45 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1204
Like the 5-on-3 kill swung the mo' against the Kings, the goal in the last few seconds of the 2nd period was ultimately the decisive blow.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:48 PM
TheLegendkiller

I'm just mad nobody ****ed up Murray or Vlasic. Like wtf?????

Old
11-20-2009, 11:52 PM
medicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I'm just mad nobody ****ed up Murray or Vlasic. Like wtf?????
Then the suspensions would fall like rain. And we really can't afford that right now!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:57 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
Then the suspensions would fall like rain. And we really can't afford that right now!
That's why you randomly bring out Riley Cote and throw him on the ice.

Old
11-20-2009, 11:59 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

The Inq. and CSNPhilly both have post-game stories filed and neither mentions Powe. That could mean an update hasn't been issued.

Old
11-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Woke up to see the hit on Powe (broken collarbone?)...

Missed everything else.

Apparently I didn't miss much.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:03 AM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Not a lot to take away from this one. Hopefully they come out angry against the 'Yotes tomorrow.
It sucked that they lost and hopefully Powe isn't hurt bad, but some good things to take from this one are:

Giroux got two goals (he'll take them). If you told me Giroux would have 1 goal after 18 games, I would think the Flyers would be in last place at that point. This kid is great and needs to get back on the right track. He's a great passer but the coaches need to tell him to start shooting too. He's averaging just over a shot a game.

Briere got into a fight (or sort of). Nice to see Briere not back down and come out fired up afterward. On the other hand, I don't care if Vlasic is a punk or not, nobody should be able to start a fight with Briere and finish the game without some big time punishment. Then he adds to it by cross checking Giroux to the back of the neck.

Bartulis looks great (he did have a hicup at the end of the game) but I'm surprised at how good he looks. He look like the second most solid dman behind Pronger on this team right now. I was upset that Syvret was benched because I didn't think he deserved it but Bartulis has definitely earned that spot now.

JVR continues to impress.

hockeyphan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:06 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25 View Post
Giroux got two goals (he'll take them). If you told me Giroux would have 1 goal after 18 games, I would think the Flyers would be in last place at that point. This kid is great and needs to get back on the right track. He's a great passer but the coaches need to tell him to start shooting too. He's averaging just over a shot a game.

I thought he had 2?

Edit: I read your post wrong.

And definitely somebody should have leveled Vlasic.

Old
11-21-2009, 12:13 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Hartnell took a penalty for going after him.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:14 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

I hate people sometimes. I swear some people dont even watch the game. Heres one fan commenting on what they saw

Quote:
Not a bad effort tonight but holy heck, what is wrong with Timonen? He is like an empty pair of skates out there...He is currently our worst defensemen..Something needs to be changed there. If you can get anything for him on the market..do it. Every time we give up a goal, there's Kimo...watching it go in...He's not physical and he's not creating scoring chances, so what the heck is he good for? He's a 3rd line winger playing defensemen...
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...92&feedID=2231

Some people make me ****ing laugh. I watched the game till it was 4-2 and those goals werent Timonen's fault.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:17 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Apparently, the airport in San Jose has a noise restriction curfew and the Flyers departed almost immediately following the game in order to avoid violating said restriction. That could be part of the reason why an injury update to Powe wasn't immediate.

Old
11-21-2009, 12:37 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Apparently, the airport in San Jose has a noise restriction curfew and the Flyers departed almost immediately following the game in order to avoid violating said restriction. That could be part of the reason why an injury update to Powe wasn't immediate.
Seems like that would cause problems to just about every single visiting team just about every game.

PK wasn't dreadful overall I guess, but the goal that made it 5-3 was ugly. Sharks immediately set up in an umbrella with 3 high, and both Richard and Carter overpursue the puck-carrier in the middle, the two guys on the side come down and suddenly it's like a 4 on 2 situation with everybody where the Sharks want them, especially Heatley in front of the net. The work down low defensively throughout the whole game wasn't great, there were a lot of almost goals where Emery was screened and had no chance as well.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:40 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Seems like that would cause problems to just about every single visiting team just about every game.
They normally start at 7:30 PM local time. Tonight was a half hour earlier. I'm not sure of the distance from the arena to the airport, having been to San Jose just once or twice. The reference has since made the notes section of the local newspaper:

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_13838623

Quote:
The Sharks and Flyers were playing the front end of back-to-back games, and the rare 7 p.m. start enabled both teams to use San Jose airport without violating the 11:30 p.m. curfew. The Sharks headed to Anaheim for tonight's game against the Ducks, while the Flyers were going to Phoenix to play the Coyotes.

Old
11-21-2009, 12:58 AM
snaggle toof

Quote:
They normally start at 7:30 PM local time. Tonight was a half hour earlier. I'm not sure of the distance from the arena to the airport, having been to San Jose just once or twice. The reference has since made the notes section of the local newspaper:

From the arena it's less than a ten minute drive to the airport.

snaggle toof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:59 AM
cheechoo train
#playoff_fail

Quote:

Sharks fan coming in peace to answer the question. The airport is really close as seen in this picture http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...90723&t=h&z=14, so it actually takes longer to load the bus than it takes to get to the airport. The curfew occurs because HP Pavilion is on the main road into downtown, and the main part of downtown is about 1/4 mile east of the HP Pavilion. Since planes fly right over downtown, buildings are limited to be about 20 stories high, and since many of these buildings are residential, the planes are cut off by that time to cut down on the noise since planes really do fly right over the top of the buildings.

The Sharks are also affected by this early time though when coming back from roadtrips, causing them to have to fly into Oakland International pretty frequently, and that is about a 40 mile drive.

cheechoo train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:26 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheechoo train View Post
Sharks fan coming in peace to answer the question. The airport is really close as seen in this picture http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...90723&t=h&z=14, so it actually takes longer to load the bus than it takes to get to the airport. The curfew occurs because HP Pavilion is on the main road into downtown, and the main part of downtown is about 1/4 mile east of the HP Pavilion. Since planes fly right over downtown, buildings are limited to be about 20 stories high, and since many of these buildings are residential, the planes are cut off by that time to cut down on the noise since planes really do fly right over the top of the buildings.

The Sharks are also affected by this early time though when coming back from roadtrips, causing them to have to fly into Oakland International pretty frequently, and that is about a 40 mile drive.
And, even worse, it forces them to be in Oakland.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:51 AM
Crossbar Ping

Briere looked good tonight, plus a fight.

Good for Giroux

Crossbar Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 02:41 AM
mypunkrock

Anybody got the video of the hit on Powe?

mypunkrock is offline   Reply With Quote