HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#19: Flyers at Sharks - November 20, 2009 - 10:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Wow emery was left out to dry on 5 of the 6 goals. What a complete defensive breakdown. Thornton had enough time to make a cup of tea, eat a biscuit, take the kids to school then put the puck on heatly's stick to score. holy hell, wtf were the flyers playing at??

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I'm just mad nobody ****ed up Murray or Vlasic. Like wtf?????
Time to insert OKT?

He'd definitely go after Murray for a hit like that. The Flyers were beaten up by the Sharks, and after the Powe hit it became embarrassing because nobody really answered the bell, they looked scared.

Problem right now is that we don't have any players in the lineup to match the big physical guys, and in my opinion that's a direct mistake by the coach against teams like the Sharks. And he had to pay for it. Carcillo tried to fight them, but it looked ridiculous against the bigger guy who isn't even known for fighting. Carcillo was throwing punches but he simply couldn't reach him.

We will not win games against physical teams with our heavy fighters in the press box.

And what the hell was wrong with our skates? They all fell, even Emery. Sabotage? Was nothing wrong with the ice, the Sharks did not have that problem.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 08:39 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Like the 5-on-3 kill swung the mo' against the Kings, the goal in the last few seconds of the 2nd period was ultimately the decisive blow.
Dead on. It was a backbreaker. Powe needs to be smarter there...as soon as he got over the redline he should've dumped it in or dished off to the right wing to Carter. It's an inexcusable mental mistake, and it's the type of play that pisses me off the most.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 08:39 AM
might2mash
Post-apocalyptic

Send a message via AIM to might2mash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Wow emery was left out to dry on 5 of the 6 goals. What a complete defensive breakdown. Thornton had enough time to make a cup of tea, eat a biscuit, take the kids to school then put the puck on heatly's stick to score. holy hell, wtf were the flyers playing at??
One the second such goal, Carter got tired of playing the pass and tried to go steal the puck from Thornton. Wrong idea.

might2mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Time to insert OKT?

He'd definitely go after Murray for a hit like that. The Flyers were beaten up by the Sharks, and after the Powe hit it became embarrassing because nobody really answered the bell, they looked scared.

Problem right now is that we don't have any players in the lineup to match the big physical guys, and in my opinion that's a direct mistake by the coach against teams like the Sharks. And he had to pay for it. Carcillo tried to fight them, but it looked ridiculous against the bigger guy who isn't even known for fighting. Carcillo was throwing punches but he simply couldn't reach him.

We will not win games against physical teams with our heavy fighters in the press box.

And what the hell was wrong with our skates? They all fell, even Emery. Sabotage? Was nothing wrong with the ice, the Sharks did not have that problem.

I agree with most of this. Our long stretch passes were countered by short accurate passes coupled with good positioning on the Sharks part. Throw in some terrible penalty killing on our part as well. Carter was the best player on the ice for about 6 minutes and invisible for the rest of the night. Credit to the Sharks though, they took advantage and mauled us again.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
One the second such goal, Carter got tired of playing the pass and tried to go steal the puck from Thornton. Wrong idea.

If he was going to go after him, he should have been more decisive about it and done it quicker. Teams play Thorton much more physically in the playoffs and it usually shows. Heatley had a field day at the edge of the crease.

Old
11-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
Dead on. It was a backbreaker. Powe needs to be smarter there...as soon as he got over the redline he should've dumped it in or dished off to the right wing to Carter. It's an inexcusable mental mistake, and it's the type of play that pisses me off the most.

That was a crusher and it happens to us far too much. Get the puck deep and avoid getting your pocket picked.

Old
11-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
That was a crusher and it happens to us far too much. Get the puck deep and avoid getting your pocket picked.
I'm not that bothered by the game overall, but mistakes like Powe's, and the 2nd Carter highstick and Lappy highstick have to stop. On Carter's first penalty, he got picked and bodychecked, but his stick came up as he lost balance. Should have been interference on the picker and 4 on 4.

The refs also hosed us after the Giroux goal, when two Sharks took cheap shots, on on Giroux and another on Hartnell, but they put 2 men each in the box. Hartnell was doing nothing but celebrating in the crease. We SHOULD have been going back on the PP.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:30 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'm not worried about losing to San Jose either. Someone said how bad we looked against teams from the west, especially the elite ones, but San Jose is never a post season threat anyways. Every one of those guys they have on their team just fall apart once playoff time rolls around.

I think I'm more disappointed in the lack of someone besides Carcillo losing their **** over how our guys were roughed up. If we had someone like a Fedoruk or a Brashear around, they would have pounded someone for even breathing on our guys. Honestly, the Flyers lack that 'fear' factor in that we really don't have a legit heavyweight on the team to keep the opposition honest. If Boogaard didn't have a bad back, he'd be the guy I want. Riley Cote doesn't strike fear in anyone.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 04:55 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I'm not that bothered by the game overall, but mistakes like Powe's, and the 2nd Carter highstick and Lappy highstick have to stop.
Laperriere's was bad and not smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
The refs also hosed us after the Giroux goal, when two Sharks took cheap shots, on on Giroux and another on Hartnell, but they put 2 men each in the box. Hartnell was doing nothing but celebrating in the crease. We SHOULD have been going back on the PP.
Yes. That should have started with two for a crosscheck and then a pair of double minors for roughing adding up to a Flyers man advantage.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 07:43 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2486
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...047&feedID=695

Quote:
Vlasic told the San Jose Mercury News that Briere had given him a couple "cheap" shots in the Sharks' 4-1 win over the Flyers last month in Philadelphia. This was payback.

Briere said he has now had three NHL fights during the regular season. He fought Mike Comrie when he played with the Coyotes and fought Niko Kapanen when he was in Buffalo. He also fought Cory Stillman once in preseason game, as a Coyote.

Hockeyfights.com had Briere as having just one previous fight until Friday, however.

“I had a tough one with Cory Stillman I’m trying to forget about,” Briere said. “It happens.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote