HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Should the Isles get involved in bidding for Filatov?

Old
11-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Trottier
Very Random

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossy573 View Post
MHO is whenever you hear "player X doesn't like the system so......" red flags should be flying high.
Which, for the life of me, is amazing. Some posters actually "blame" a coach, or defend the player, suggesting that he should "just be given a chance," as if this is intramurals. Or, blame it on "the system," as if the team revolves around player.

I honestly attribute this mindset to fantasy pools, which promote placing individual (and individual results) over team.

Quote:
Would Filatov be a better risk than a mid-round draft pick in the 2010 draft? This poster would guess it might be worth a shot.
And I'd likely agree, depending on what research says about him. But the other thing lost in all of this is that CBJ is not going to make it so easy for him, let him throw a quitting tantrum and then ship him off elsewhere. They are going to make him come around, grow up and develop his game. And they have absolutely no reason to rush or worry. They are a winning team without him and they own his rights for years.

Last edited by Trottier: 11-21-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:25 PM
blitzkriegs

vCash: 500
Is this thread about Filatov or Chistov? I am confused... Is there a difference?

blitzkriegs is offline   Reply With Quote