HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Blues Canes Trade?

Old
11-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Andrew Alberts needs to stay. I have no idea why Tripp decided to take him to task last game as a player that has been struggling, but it's simply not true. I suppose it was to deflect blame from his "buddies" on the squad, but he's been playing some of the best hockey on our blueline, as sad as that reality has to be.

Vagrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
All Aboard

Alberts has been the only signing we made that has turned out to be exactly what I expected and hoped for.

11-21-2009, 01:48 PM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane_SVT View Post
Cole is unmovable....
Perhaps and I don't disagree that he will remain a Cane. But he still has value to some teams so he's not considered a salary dump per se, but he certainly wouldn't bring in much value. Unlike the contracts/play of Brindy, Wallin, Yelle... other might have interest in Cole. I'm not syaing it's realistic but I'm saying he should be for sale and some teams might want him. That's why I put him there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
I would say any of this summer's signed UFAs that wasn't exceeding expectations would be in this category, so I think all of them should be categorized here...except maybe Ruutu. Ruutu has come on as late statistically, and I wouldn't argue with anyone who said he'd played well even when he wasn't producing points.

So, unmovable:
Brind'Amour
Walker
Wallin
Yelle
Alberts
Kostopoulos

Cole
LaRose
I haven't seen tons of games this year, mostly due to time zone differences but from what I've seen/ heard AA and TK have been decent. Dunno why we'd trade them when they fit their given roles for a very decent price.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I agree on Alberts, he's been perfect for the role in my opinion and his salary is perfect. All in all he's been someone I have been happy with all year long and like mentioned above, a signing that has turned out to be a nice addition. Perfect guy for the bottom pairing role and he's getting just the right amount of minutes, around 15-16 on average.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote