HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A Leblanc report

Old
11-20-2009, 08:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
A Leblanc report

Like I said on the Habs GDT, I am watching the Harvard vs St-Lawrence game on the Web.

Pretty quiet 2 first periods for him. Though he's making some good passes that are not buried, and skates really well. So well that he had a rush that the camera wasn't able to follow....But wasn't able to convert his few chances he had and didn't work too well defensively. Was also invisible in some moments.

Start of the 3rd.....and seems to me that he's just been aware that the Canada head scout might be in the crowd....What a great 1 on 1, outskated the opponent from the outside, nice save by the goalie and then while the puck seemed to have been freezed and there were 3 St-Lawrence players around the net, he came back and just drove the net to get a rebound if there was one. He got clocked for doing it, lost his helmet, but the kid was just coming back, he's freakin fearless.

Edit: Forget the 10 minutes penalty, he's back....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 11-20-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 08:58 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

thanks for the report whitesnake, wondering how the quality of the stream? if you compared it to the qmjhl webcast ?

also did you noticed Danny Biega out there ? 2010 prospects

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
thanks for the report whitesnake, wondering how the quality of the stream? if you compared it to the qmjhl webcast ?

also did you noticed Danny Biega out there ? 2010 prospects
Really not bad for me. You know that I don't have the stream anymore so if I compare it to the strem we had before, I'll say it's probably even better. A little blurry, and went choppy just a few times, but it's actually pretty good for a webcast.

AS far as Danny Biega, well I liked him. Not the biggest obviously, a couple of defensive blunders, and got overpowered at times, but really intelligent with the puck and a nice skater. I liked him overall.

As far as Leblanc, a much much better 3rd period. Great offensive instincts, and nice grit to go with it.

But another loss for Harvard.

Old
11-20-2009, 09:25 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Really not bad for me. You know that I don't have the stream anymore so if I compare it to the strem we had before, I'll say it's probably even better. A little blurry, and went choppy just a few times, but it's actually pretty good for a webcast.

AS far as Danny Biega, well I liked him. Not the biggest obviously, a couple of defensive blunders, and got overpowered at times, but really intelligent with the puck and a nice skater. I liked him overall.

As far as Leblanc, a much much better 3rd period. Great offensive instincts, and nice grit to go with it.

But another loss for Harvard.

thanks WS, good to hear about the feed i might buy some game later in the year it would also help if harvard could win some game but the crimson still outshot st-lawrence 44-28 (with all the west island boys on that team they should start scouting for a freaking goalie from montreal)

the "West island line" combined for 23 of harvard 44 shot on goal. Leblanc with 9, Michael Biega with 11 and Killorn (one of my favorite back in the 07 draft) with 3 SOG

Old
11-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
thanks WS, good to hear about the feed i might buy some game later in the year it would also help if harvard could win some game but the crimson still outshot st-lawrence 44-28 (with all the west island boys on that team they should start scouting for a freaking goalie from montreal)

the "West island line" combined for 23 of harvard 44 shot on goal. Leblanc with 9, Michael Biega with 11 and Killorn (one of my favorite back in the 07 draft) with 3 SOG
Actually I'm really surprised to see that many shots on goal for Harvard. Their goalie was pretty good for sure, but I didn't count a lot of big scoring chances. Leblanc had the best one in the 3rd with his breakway. Again, a little quiet on the first 2, but played a superb 3rd period.

Old
11-20-2009, 11:26 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

thanks for the report... when is he playing next?

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:02 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
thanks for the report... when is he playing next?
saturday night

Old
11-21-2009, 12:32 AM
Magic33

Quote:

Biega and Killorn are unreal. I think Killorn might turn out to be a solid prospect. He has pretty good size and great hands. Biega has a great shot and great hands also. Killorn really impresses me though.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 08:33 AM
GeneralMarky79

man it would be awesome to see Leblanc make the World Junior team. I love what he brings to the table. He surely won't be overlooked

GeneralMarky79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 08:54 AM
kent_carlson

Quote:
Actually I'm really surprised to see that many shots on goal for Harvard. Their goalie was pretty good for sure, but I didn't count a lot of big scoring chances. Leblanc had the best one in the 3rd with his breakway. Again, a little quiet on the first 2, but played a superb 3rd period.
Do you had the feeling that is was really a weaker league than the Q?

kent_carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 10:07 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_carlson View Post
I think that the really main weakness of that league, is the bottom 6 forwards and bottom D pairing. Honestly, I believe that those guys, even older, would be weaker as far as talent than what the Q has to offer.

But what's great about that league, is that those opponents he's playing against are more developed physically than what the Q would offer him.

But as much as I Like the Q, we can't say that about every division of the NCAA. You might be able to say that the Q is comparable to the USHL. But any Michigan team, or the top teams of the NCAA would crush the Q. Just that ECAC, well it's not that strong like advertised. Doesn't mean that he won't make it as an impact player. He won't and stay there for his full 4 years. My "plan" for him would be nothing more than 2 years or then it starts to be a waste of time. But 1 year to accomodate himself, get stronger, maybe another year to strongly dominate and then he'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Biega and Killorn are unreal. I think Killorn might turn out to be a solid prospect. He has pretty good size and great hands. Biega has a great shot and great hands also. Killorn really impresses me though.
I have some problem with Michael Biega foot speed. But the guy that impressed me the most yesterday was Alex. Great skater, not big but really intense and really dynamic. Not dissing Michael who seems like a pretty good complementary player. Great wrister for his goal yesterday. But Alex seemed to me as the best Biega as far as his overall talent.

I agree about Killorn though I was expected more last night. Fallstrom might end up a pretty good pickup by the Bruins. Though I believe he'll need some time.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-21-2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Merge
Old
11-21-2009, 10:12 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_carlson View Post
Whether it is or isn't a weaker league, the main gripe with it is they just don't play much hockey.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Magic33

Quote:
I have some problem with Michael Biega foot speed. But the guy that impressed me the most yesterday was Alex. Great skater, not big but really intense and really dynamic. Not dissing Michael who seems like a pretty good complementary player. Great wrister for his goal yesterday. But Alex seemed to me as the best Biega as far as his overall talent.

I agree about Killorn though I was expected more last night. Fallstrom might end up a pretty good pickup by the Bruins. Though I believe he'll need some time.
Alex is always super intense. His skating is amazing, better than his brother, youre right. I think he was drafted by Buffalo if im not mistaken. Both bro's are good though, and there is even a younger biega who will be just as good as both of his older bros!

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote