HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Laraque suspended 5 games

Old
11-21-2009, 09:45 PM
My Sweet Shadow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKiwi View Post
Wut?

Kronwall was out for the rest of the game.
Sorry, my bad...only saw the replay once and for some reason I thought it was Rafalski.

But that's besides the point; Cooke got nothing for the same thing. They both deserve suspensions, but the league would have to face the double-standards accusations again if they suspend Laraque.

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
For 20 games minimum please.
He deserves the suspension. But we could just bench him or try to get rid of him somehow...
I never thought signing him was such a great thing. So far, he's 1.5M waste on a "classy" goon who can barely play anymore.

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:02 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

To think we have another year of him to endure after this one

Guys who play his role shouldn't be paid more than 600 000 (well in truth they probably shouldn't be paid more than 30 000 a year but thats another debate )

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:02 AM
phil

i hope bob buys his contract

phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 View Post
He could be suspended but I'm sure Laraque feels bad for what he did and I'm sure it was unintentional too.
Right.

And if you, as a fan, are seriously praying that a player of your favorite team gets a suspension because he played bad and contributed to the loss, then you're a disgusting fan.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:11 AM
Miller Time

Just saw the replay (missed the game), and from the two versions I saw, it looked like something that should get him suspended.

Disgusting.

Read Laraques comment, and imo it's pure BS. He looked to be clearly wide of Kronwall, and even changed the angle of his own knee back towards Kronwall...

throw the book at him.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Maxpac

Yes, let's hope for a Laraque suspension just as we're facing the Blue Jackets on tuesday

Habs fans

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Hopefully he's suspended for the rest of his contract with the Montreal Canadiens.

Seriously, dirty play tho, intentional or unintentional.

Dean Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:28 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

I remember how our best weapon against cheap shots was our amazing powerplay. Now we have a goon that doesn't fight, barely skate and is an overall terrible hockey player. I hope he's suspended for a long long time. Sad really. I was happy when Bob gave him a contract but was I ever disappointed...

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:15 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Call me what you want but this is the kind of thing Laraque should do more often. Being that kind of terror on the ice a la Chris Simon. Maybe he could do it in a more subtle manner than this(lol) but he should be this reckless scary man that drive the other teams nuts. Mad enough that they would want to throw down with him so he would stop doing that. And that would be game over for them. But he would do it strategically like when the Habs have a comfortable advance in the third, then Martin would send him on the ice to lay down the law and make the other team lose their concentration.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Yes, let's hope for a Laraque suspension just as we're facing the Blue Jackets on tuesday

Habs fans
...your point? We won't be shorthanded as much vs CBJ and thats a problem why...? Not like he's getting a lot of ice time anyway when he plays. Easily replacable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
Call me what you want but this is the kind of thing Laraque should do more often. Being that kind of terror on the ice a la Chris Simon. Maybe he could do it in a more subtle manner than this(lol) but he should be this reckless scary man that drive the other teams nuts. Mad enough that they would want to throw down with him so he would stop doing that. And that would be game over for them. But he would do it strategically like when the Habs have a comfortable advance in the third, then Martin would send him on the ice to lay down the law and make the other team lose their concentration.
I'm thinking that maybe that's what JM has been saying to him, to have a meaner streak. But not being meaner it this moronic, obvious way.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-22-2009 at 02:57 AM.
Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:23 AM
LesCanadiens

Really uncharacteristic for Georges to do what he did yesterday...both the cheapshot and the undisciplined penalties...he must have been having a really, really bad day.

I still think Laraques can play a positive role on our team....it's a pity he's been injured for so much of his tenure with us. He can be a very useful player.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:51 AM
nerdman60

i hope he's played his last game as a hab

nerdman60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:58 AM
Pandemic

Detroit fans say he should get 40 games.

Pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 07:37 AM
CarrePrisme

I don't know why they keep dressing that joke of a player.
Just forget the 1.5 millions and play someone else.

CarrePrisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 08:14 AM
la25ecoupe

youtube?

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 08:47 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Full Season Suspension, I'm pretty sure I saw him try to shank Kronwall with a knife in his wrist band.

JHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:14 AM
GordonGraham

He will get 1 game , maybe 2 thats it

GordonGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:15 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
Detroit fans say he should get 40 games.
Part of me wants him gone for good. It makes me sad to think that. I had certain reasonable expectations of him when he signed, none of which were realized. It's clear that he is not healthy. Perhaps a Laraque that was 100% would have been a contributor to this team, but at this point he can't manage to help at all.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:16 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
For example??? I don't believe that has happened yet.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Magic33

Had to be one of the most blatant knee on knees ive seen. Really dirty play and there is no excuse for that. If someone did that to one of our players we would be losing it! He should probably be suspended, although im not sure how long it should be for. Maybe 2-5 games?

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Coach Brisebois*

Quote:
I don't think I want them doing that all that often, but what better message can you send to a team to play nicely than taking a cheap shot on the guy most likely to give us a significant injury?

Coach Brisebois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Montrealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

Habs fans
I'd rather be honest than be blind. If another team's player had done something like that to any of our players I'd be yelling for his head so it would be pretty hypocritical of me to sit there and say the opposite just because he's a Hab.

He deserves to be suspended for sure.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 10:18 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
Right.

And if you, as a fan, are seriously praying that a player of your favorite team gets a suspension because he played bad and contributed to the loss, then you're a disgusting fan.
And if you, as a fan, are seriously hoping that Laraque is in the lineup for your favourite team, then you've lost your marbles.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Doc McKenna

Meh don't like the play and I do think he should be suspended, not because of how terrible and useless GL is but because it deserves a suspension. That being said it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy. Kronwall has had his share of knee on knees and a whole lot of charging and elbows. Hate to say it but that is karma. Want to play like a Dbag, well what goes around comes back around.

Doc McKenna is offline   Reply With Quote