HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Per Twitter: Jones on the block

Old
11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29 View Post
Erat didn't take getting sent to MIL very well at first, or so I was lead to believe. Then he had a chat with a coach who esplained things to him and he made it his personal goal to never return to Milwaukee ever again. Maybe this is what Ryan needs too?
Im sure that someone has tried to explain to Ryan what he needs to do to stay up, and he either isnt listening or just cant do what is needed of him.

with him getting NHL money, I am sure if he got things going again in Milwaukee he would get another chance with the big club. I suspect his being sent down and left down is his "last chance"

if he needs more explaining than that, you gotta wonder about the boy...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Obviously Preds Partisian and I are a little bit biased due to our ties with Miami Ohio, but I think it is too early to give up on Jonesy. Erat didn't take his demotion well either. Jones does have a maturity issue, but he is an extremely hard working guy. Obviously the guy still has some talent considering he would have put up around 35 pts last season had he been around for all year. I had a talk with his mother a couple weeks ago and she said he is really took being sent up and down up and down badly and there is clearly some frustration.

If he doesn't start producing, I would agree he needs a change of scenery, but if he starts producing I would like to see him up here again at some point, maybe on a line with O'Reilly or Wilson.

As a side note, I am very disappointed in Ryan Jones. I had some pretty high hopes for him, even spent $250 on his jersey in an auction. I still have some hope for him, but he needs to get his head out of his rectum and start scoring again.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 02:01 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
I dont know that Poile has totally "given up" on Jones but I am sure he's reached the point where he would like to cut his losses, if someone will take him. Did he sign a one or two year deal?

if nobody will take him then jones will get a chance toregain his game in milwaukee, and if he does that, if for no other reason than his contract, he'll get another shot up with the preds when the inevitable injuries occur.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Obviously Preds Partisian and I are a little bit biased due to our ties with Miami Ohio, but I think it is too early to give up on Jonesy. Erat didn't take his demotion well either. Jones does have a maturity issue, but he is an extremely hard working guy. Obviously the guy still has some talent considering he would have put up around 35 pts last season had he been around for all year. I had a talk with his mother a couple weeks ago and she said he is really took being sent up and down up and down badly and there is clearly some frustration.

If he doesn't start producing, I would agree he needs a change of scenery, but if he starts producing I would like to see him up here again at some point, maybe on a line with O'Reilly or Wilson.

As a side note, I am very disappointed in Ryan Jones. I had some pretty high hopes for him, even spent $250 on his jersey in an auction. I still have some hope for him, but he needs to get his head out of his rectum and start scoring again.
I agree with this entire post.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 04:51 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I haven't seen the initial article, but apparently stems from an Ottawa Sun report.
Oh, for the love of...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I dont know that Poile has totally "given up" on Jones but I am sure he's reached the point where he would like to cut his losses, if someone will take him. Did he sign a one or two year deal?

if nobody will take him then jones will get a chance toregain his game in milwaukee, and if he does that, if for no other reason than his contract, he'll get another shot up with the preds when the inevitable injuries occur.
**** him

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 05:20 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Oh, for the love of...

Oh, it's one of those.... /thread

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2009, 07:39 PM
brah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
This upsets me.

....x2

brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Hockey FAN8888

Any chance that if jones is not traded that he gets put on waviers and would anyone pick him up?

Hockey FAN8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:41 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey FAN8888 View Post
Any chance that if jones is not traded that he gets put on waviers and would anyone pick him up?
If I'm not mistaken, he'll have to go on re-entry waivers if he comes back up, but I doubt anyone claims him. Three points in eight AHL games aren't really eye-catching numbers.

Old
11-21-2009, 06:50 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I would lay money down that someone would reclaim him.

11-21-2009, 09:18 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
does he have to go through re-entry waivers? Just because of the higher pay rate of the one-way contract?

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 09:23 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
does he have to go through re-entry waivers? Just because of the higher pay rate of the one-way contract?
It's my understanding that any player who makes over a specified amount in AHL salary (which I believe is $105k) has to clear re-entry waivers. That's why you'll see a lot of veterans take $100k AHL salaries, so they can be recalled without having to pass through waivers (which would reduce their chances of being recalled), although they'll still have to clear waivers going down because of their age (which is very much to their benefit).

Old
11-21-2009, 11:59 AM
deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
It's my understanding that any player who makes over a specified amount in AHL salary (which I believe is $105k) has to clear re-entry waivers. That's why you'll see a lot of veterans take $100k AHL salaries, so they can be recalled without having to pass through waivers (which would reduce their chances of being recalled), although they'll still have to clear waivers going down because of their age (which is very much to their benefit).
This rule doesn't apply. Jones is on a 1-way contract and didn't have to clear to go down.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by slanted View Post
This rule doesn't apply. Jones is on a 1-way contract and didn't have to clear to go down.
Correct. We can call Jones up anytime. I want to give him another shot, but I understand not justifying it because of his (presumably) poor performance so far in Milwaukee.

Although, last game Jones got a Gordie Howe hat trick. Maybe the rumors are fueling him to do better.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:02 AM
cjerina

Keep in mind on Ryan's stats, a couple goals have been scored by his presence in front of the net screening the goalie. So while he may have been off the scoresheet the first number of games, he did contribute to a number of goals.

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
Keep in mind on Ryan's stats, a couple goals have been scored by his presence in front of the net screening the goalie. So while he may have been off the scoresheet the first number of games, he did contribute to a number of goals.
This is something that would have helped last year but with everyone on the team going to the front of the net now, Jones needs to do something to stand out like actually getting the goals and assists.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:22 PM
deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
This is something that would have helped last year but with everyone on the team going to the front of the net now, Jones needs to do something to stand out like actually getting the goals and assists.
Donno if I agree with this, Ward and Hornqvist go in front. Not sure about everyone. But the team is doing good with the current lineup and it just seems insane to me to pay $1mil for a milwaukee player. Need to do something with him. And Erat as well if he can't mimic last game atleast 5 more times in the next 12 games. Imagine having $6mil for a player that can actually score.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
WartracePred

Today we have a healthy team -- for the most part. Sooner or later we'll have injuries and we'll need someone from Milwaukee. I say keep him. And honestly, when was the last time we traded a struggling player and got an upgrade in the transaction.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 04:07 AM
OpenWheel

Admiral Short Shifts has a write-up of Sunday night's game. Admirals won 2-1 and Jones had the lone goal for them in regulation.

"Just like on Friday night, the Admirals were able to draw first blood. Ryan Jones scored his third goal in four games. After a Dave Scatchard shot, Jones was there to put the rebound past Khudobin just 4:19 into the game."

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
Admiral Short Shifts has a write-up of Sunday night's game. Admirals won 2-1 and Jones had the lone goal for them in regulation.

"Just like on Friday night, the Admirals were able to draw first blood. Ryan Jones scored his third goal in four games. After a Dave Scatchard shot, Jones was there to put the rebound past Khudobin just 4:19 into the game."
Maybe Jones needed to be inspired as Erat did that one year he was sent down.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 04:37 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
Today we have a healthy team -- for the most part. Sooner or later we'll have injuries and we'll need someone from Milwaukee. I say keep him. And honestly, when was the last time we traded a struggling player and got an upgrade in the transaction.
Your right. We wouldn't get an upgrade likely (at least not short term) for Jones. One has to think this is a money issue. Paying him nearly a million dollars to play in NHL is a big deal to this franchise. That could be the difference between profit or loss.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 04:51 PM
cjerina

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Your right. We wouldn't get an upgrade likely (at least not short term) for Jones. One has to think this is a money issue. Paying him nearly a million dollars to play in NHL is a big deal to this franchise. That could be the difference between profit or loss.
I dont get this... if there really was this little of leeway with money, why didnt they hold out signing him until they could work down to a 2-way deal? As a RFA, he couldnt do much if he didn't sign with the Preds right?

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:39 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
I dont get this... if there really was this little of leeway with money, why didnt they hold out signing him until they could work down to a 2-way deal? As a RFA, he couldnt do much if he didn't sign with the Preds right?
Good point and to be honest I don't have a clue. You wouldn't think Jones would have much leverage in a negotiation.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote