HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"The Streak" - 11.21.09 - Nashville vs Columbus 7:00 CST

Old
11-21-2009, 09:54 PM
deleted

vCash: 500
18 straight home wins vs CBJ. lol, thats pretty insane.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 09:55 PM
goalscorer

Santo 3-3 in tha shootout. Legwand finishing strong with the game winner. Glad to see him with some confidence and playing well.

goalscorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 10:01 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Legwand needs to be a 'new daddy' every game.

I'm not shocked CBus is upset. We'd be upset, too, under the same circumstances.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 10:33 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Wanna hear a joke?

Blue Jackets

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 10:36 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Where's the 'lack of win' pic?

Old
11-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Anyone who is actually watching the game, how has the officiating been? I know NHL officiating, by rule, is awful, but Cbus fans are *****ing more than Blues fans about them tonight.
In the calling of penalties the officiating was pretty good. Columbus got away with a few immediately after their initial penalty as well. Now the goal should have been a no goal and the refs needed to get out of the way but the penalties were well deserved.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:04 AM
PredsChik

SLake: Any idea what happened to Suter about half way through the 2nd and the first several minutes of the third?

Edit: I've checked the TOI, he was late getting back in the 3rd but it says he played a shift at the end of the 2nd which I don't believe. They were double shifting Weber, that's got to be a mistake.

Last edited by PredsChik: 11-22-2009 at 12:50 AM.
PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:21 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
looks like I missed another good one!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:39 AM
predfan24

Watching the CBJ feed on Center Ice was awful. I always hate listening to them as they complain and make excuses for everything. Belak's penalty should have been more than 2 minutes and Nash's penalty in OT was weak. Other than that all calls were fair. CBJ announcers and fans would have you believe that the refs gave us the game. We were consistently the better team all night.

Great night for Leggy. Can't even imagine what was going through his mind during the game.

We're playin with swagger right now. We have pretty much outplayed the opponent every game for the last 5-6 straight. Can't ask for more as a Preds fan.

So far this season we have had a awful losing streak and a great winning streak. Obviously we won't keep this up but let's hope we have found our "identity" and can play consistent from here on out.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:20 AM
JussiM

Reading this thread I got to wonder, don't some of you have any faith in your team? For shame!

What's this attempted injury incident? I don't know if I dare to venture into Columbus' GDT...

JussiM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post
Reading this thread I got to wonder, don't some of you have any faith in your team? For shame!

What's this attempted injury incident? I don't know if I dare to venture into Columbus' GDT...
I wouldn't I already got a warning... for posting this picture apparently because it was offensive...

Old
11-22-2009, 04:25 AM
OpenWheel

At least one poster liked your graphic. And later others said they liked that Nashville was playing up the Vader theme. I wonder who whined? I guess the lack of win has turned them into a bunch of tight $##%#.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:43 AM
Liquidfire3240

Love the video highlights.
And how they kept talking about the stick above the shoulders...even though the rule is above the crossbar and has been since when, the lockout?

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 08:35 AM
RollingPredFan

Yeah the reason CBJ fans constantly whine about penalties is because their announcers do it all night. I kinda like their new color guy better though. In my opinion the game shouldn't have been close, how they *conclusively* saw that Umberger's goal should have been overturned is beyond me. As for the Belak penalty, it was stupid and cost us a point in the standings, but I couldn't help but laugh when he brought up his stick in the family jewel area I thought that last call on Klein was a joke, Nash was not tripped at all... maybe it was a make-up call I don't know. Anyways it was fun game to watch and Leggy played his best game of the year IMO.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
At least one poster liked your graphic. And later others said they liked that Nashville was playing up the Vader theme. I wonder who whined? I guess the lack of win has turned them into a bunch of tight $##%#.

it was after the game. Before the game they didn't care.

Old
11-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
The Belak penalty was stupid, but it was hardly the most dangerous thing that happened with Klesla's crosscheck to the face of Belak. I believe Columbus didnt want to fight and Belak was frustrated. Also I would like to think that Columbus kinda wanted to play even more physical after that leading to penalties like the interference on Arnott where he didnt even have the puck and the defenseman hit him.

The goal should have been disallowed the angle on NHL.com shows it. You cant have players swinging their sticks in the air like a baseball bat and that was a perfect instance.

Other than the craziness we looked great, the 3rd period was a repeat of the Montreal game were the goalie stood on his head even though he should have been beaten several times. The way Mason let in the first 3 goals I thought if we got a lot of shots we would blow them out but he got stronger as the game went on.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:55 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Mason kept it from being a blowout, actually. Fine time for the kid to get it together.

Anyone complaining about the officiating is delusional. In a perfect world, we'd all play nice and if one got a penalty, there'd be a penalty to the other to even it out...but the calls were legit. How do you complain about a blatant trip, or a puck over the glass? They were taking penalties because we were dominating possession in the offensive zone. To complain about that is ignorant, and just because your PBP team does it doesn't justify it. In fact, it just makes them look the silliest of all.

My hatred of the Jackets is starting to rival that of the Wings. They've always been the bratty little brother, but after making the playoffs once, there's some sort of sense of entitlement or something. If you want to whine about officiating, whine about Nash's blatant dive. Call a spade a spade.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JussiM View Post

The negative mojo works!

Old
11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Love the video highlights.
And how they kept talking about the stick above the shoulders...even though the rule is above the crossbar and has been since when, the lockout?

This one had me talking to me TV. Newsflash genius, Umberger's shoulders are higher than the crossbar. If his stick is parallel to his shoulders than his stick was above the crossbar. The CBJ feed showed clearly that when the stick made contact with the puck it was clearly above the crossbar. It was close though and I understand how it would be a tough cal..

Old
11-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

It was tough watching our team get outhit on home ice.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
It was tough watching our team get outhit on home ice.
Really? I didn't see physical play make any difference one way or another for either team. Hits is a volatile and unreliable stat that is usually never accurate anyways. How many times do you think the wings got outhit the last 3,4 years?

Old
11-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Jonesey
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Really? I didn't see physical play make any difference one way or another for either team. Hits is a volatile and unreliable stat that is usually never accurate anyways. How many times do you think the wings got outhit the last 3,4 years?
I saw plenty of hits from Columbus, not many from us.

Haven't checked the stats to know if we actually got out hit, but the Blue Jackets were making quality hits all night long.

We got outplayed more in that game than we had in a long time, and it sucks we had to give up the point, but I'll take 2 points every game.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
SLake: Any idea what happened to Suter about half way through the 2nd and the first several minutes of the third?

Edit: I've checked the TOI, he was late getting back in the 3rd but it says he played a shift at the end of the 2nd which I don't believe. They were double shifting Weber, that's got to be a mistake.
No, you're right Suter did miss the end of the second period and the start of the third, but thankfully I believe it was due to a skate issue. Suter did eventually come back out on the ice and test his edges with a couple quick turns and declared himself ready for his next shift. I did not hear anything post-game about an injury.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:29 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
We got outplayed more in that game than we had in a long time, and it sucks we had to give up the point, but I'll take 2 points every game.
I strongly disagree. We severely outshot CBJ and clearly controlled most of the play from start to finish. CBJ didn't get many chances but the chances they did get were pretty good opportunties that Peks made pretty decent saves on. I haven't seen the stats and maybe they did outhit us but physical play didn't make a difference either way last night. We battled hard and grinded it out in the corners and to me that is much more important that a meaningless stat like hits. Just like last Saturday with Price, if it wasn't for Mason we would have had an easy win.

Old
11-22-2009, 04:36 PM
deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
I strongly disagree. We severely outshot CBJ and clearly controlled most of the play from start to finish. CBJ didn't get many chances but the chances they did get were pretty good opportunties that Peks made pretty decent saves on. I haven't seen the stats and maybe they did outhit us but physical play didn't make a difference either way last night. We battled hard and grinded it out in the corners and to me that is much more important that a meaningless stat like hits. Just like last Saturday with Price, if it wasn't for Mason we would have had an easy win.
We outshot them cause they spent a full period on the PK basically. 5 on 5 I'd say they we're the better team. But in the end only the score counts and again we figured out how to get 2 points.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote