HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shoulder injuries to Powe and Betts; both out a minimum of four weeks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-22-2009, 10:55 AM
  #26
JCameron418
Registered User
 
JCameron418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Can we even win without Betts?
Answer is no bro

Time for Jim Dowd to come out of retirement in my opinion

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 10:58 AM
  #27
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon87 View Post
Answer is no bro

Time for Jim Dowd to come out of retirement in my opinion
I wish.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:25 AM
  #28
Terence Peterman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
It's going to be tough to win with a third of our forwards injured, three of which for a long time, time for someone to step up and be a hero
I think if the team can just manage to make better use of their opportunities they could be just fine. It'll definitely be some patchwork, but I feel as though there's been a tremendous amount of flubbed shots and passes this year because the puck rolled off the heel of someone's blade.

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:54 AM
  #29
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,706
vCash: 500
Even though I really like Betts, and he's a great positive to the team... this team is in alot of trouble if him being out means we are gonna lose alot more often.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
  #30
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Sign Mike Peca?

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:45 PM
  #31
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief
 
Chuck Downie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,073
vCash: 500
both 4-6 weeks per flyers twitter

http://twitter.com/FlyersOnTheFly

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
  #32
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Even though I really like Betts, and he's a great positive to the team... this team is in alot of trouble if him being out means we are gonna lose alot more often.
It does mean that Richards is gonna be on PK more often, and get more ice time in general. It also means we will have to switch up teh lines which were finally getting going.


And our record with Betts is soooo good

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:12 PM
  #33
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Sign Mike Peca?
We're too close to the cap to sign a guy for a month, thanks to our esteemed GM trying to get Randy Jones back on the team.


We have a farm system, now it has to be used. No shenanigans like last year.


Wouldn't mind if they plucked someone off waivers though

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:33 PM
  #34
decadentia
Registered User
 
decadentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,547
vCash: 500
Now would be a bad time to play the Powe song wouldn it? ...

....yeah thats what i thought

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:55 PM
  #35
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
We're too close to the cap to sign a guy for a month, thanks to our esteemed GM trying to get Randy Jones back on the team.


We have a farm system, now it has to be used. No shenanigans like last year.


Wouldn't mind if they plucked someone off waivers though
brilaint move wasnt it? made no sense at all. i think ward and kalinksi will be up as they are similiar type players. i pray not ross as i think he sucks

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:00 PM
  #36
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
brilaint move wasnt it? made no sense at all. i think ward and kalinksi will be up as they are similiar type players. i pray not ross as i think he sucks
Well, they're bringing up at least one center since that's Betts' position

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:02 PM
  #37
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Well, they're bringing up at least one center since that's Betts' position
put both on long term injured list. send down syvret as you dont need 8 dman and do not play cote. logicly they need to call up 2 players. they wont as they will give cote time to waste a rsoter spot for his great 2 minutes he supplies a night.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:15 PM
  #38
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Kalinski can play 4th line C

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:21 PM
  #39
RoDu
Shagga likes axes
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,488
vCash: 500
still no word on anyone getting airlifted out west yet?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:38 PM
  #40
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Powe, they caught'cha... caught'cha with your head down...

****, ****, ****, ****...

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
  #41
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
put both on long term injured list. send down syvret as you dont need 8 dman and do not play cote. logicly they need to call up 2 players. they wont as they will give cote time to waste a rsoter spot for his great 2 minutes he supplies a night.
Not really, aside from the first week, Cote's only been used when they couldn't get someone else on the roster.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 03:12 PM
  #42
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Not really, aside from the first week, Cote's only been used when they couldn't get someone else on the roster.
i know just a feelign they wont call up anyone else and let him play

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 03:15 PM
  #43
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
i know just a feelign they wont call up anyone else and let him play
Same I agree. It would be foolish but the Flyers are loyal.. I just dont understand how they think 2 mins of icetime is beneficial for the rest of the team.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
  #44
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Same I agree. It would be foolish but the Flyers are loyal.. I just dont understand how they think 2 mins of icetime is beneficial for the rest of the team.
yep. pretty much playign with 12 frowards every game. throws everything out of sync. lines will then be juggled even more than the cake baker needs to.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 03:44 PM
  #45
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,809
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
i know just a feelign they wont call up anyone else and let him play
They have to, they don't have enough forwards.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
  #46
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
They have to, they don't have enough forwards.
I think he meant call up 2 players instead of 1. I am still a fan of calling up Maroon and Matsumoto.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:00 PM
  #47
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
They have to, they don't have enough forwards.
they have to only call up 1 guy, not 2. my point is they wont call up 2 and let cote play

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:09 PM
  #48
PhilaFlyers
Registered User
 
PhilaFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
. I am still a fan of calling up Maroon and Matsumoto.
Yes.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:17 PM
  #49
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think he meant call up 2 players instead of 1. I am still a fan of calling up Maroon and Matsumoto.
unless marroon is playing with skill players in a top 6 role he should not be called up. totally diff player than betts and powe. talk about a guy who has fallen off the radar, how had nodl looked this year?

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:21 PM
  #50
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
unless marroon is playing with skill players in a top 6 role he should not be called up. totally diff player than betts and powe. talk about a guy who has fallen off the radar, how had nodl looked this year?
Well this was if Giroux was still staying at center.

Hartnell-Richards-Pyorala
JVR-Carter-Briere
Maroon-Giroux-Laliberte
Carcillo-Matsumoto-Lappy

Maybe Kalinski would be a better fit for the 4th line. Also I know people dont really want Giroux at center on the 3rd line with Maroon or Laliberte (even though Maroon could probablly put up points) Giroux has looked 100% better when back at center.

Nodl has looked invisible.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.