HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So, when everybody's back

Old
11-22-2009, 04:40 PM
snakeye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler93 View Post
What about SK? He has to be back soon...
Since he hasn't been called up yet I doubt that he ever will be.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:43 PM
les3couleurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I agree with the first post... where we have Chipper on the 4th line centering Lapierre and Latendresse... Chipchura is a better face-off taker and he really is good defensively.
Not sure where you get that from, they have pretty much the same FO%, this season. 53.2 for Laps and 53.5 for Chips. Last year, it wasn't even close, Lapierre was our second best and Chipchura was by far the worst.

Chipchura is just too slow, not only skating, but in execution for this league. So he was team captain at World Juniors, let's move on.

les3couleurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
Trying to optimize the different roles a team needs played:

Plekanec-Kostitsyn-Cammalleri
Gomez-Gionta-Pacioretty
Pyatt-Lapierre-Moen
Metropolit-d'Agostini-Bergeron

O'Byrne-Markov
Gorges-Hamrlik
Mara-Spacek

Spares: Latendresse, Gill, Leach
Trade soon: Chipchura
Waive: Stewart, Laraque
AHL: White (only until logjam cleared, he deserves to be here, latest next year)

Consider trading Gill at deadline if the season appears compromised. Leach can be 7th D, in fact he did not hurt us at all while playing 6th.

that's a terrible line-up with no grit.

Here's mine

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Metropolit-White
Latendresse-Lappierre-Laraque
spares: Pyatt, Stewart, D'Agostini

Markov-Mara
Hammer-Spacek
Gill/ O'Byrne-Georges

flip Spacek and Mara on the pp.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 05:02 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post

that's a terrible line-up with no grit.

Here's mine

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Moen-Metropolit-White
Latendresse-Lappierre-Laraque
spares: Pyatt, Stewart, D'Agostini

Markov-Mara
Hammer-Spacek
Gill/ O'Byrne-Georges

flip Spacek and Mara on the pp.

I don't know what you mean by grit. I don't even know if you know what you mean by grit.

Pyatt is miles better at battling the puck out of his own zone than the big oaf Latendresse. Grit determination, focus, active stick and feet, call it what you will, it is more effective than Guillaume's turn-my-back-and-put-the-puck-back-into-the-corner move. Laraque only punishes you if you accept an invitation to take a fightbreak in the middle of a hockey game, or if he is committing a foul. And you want to rotate O'Byrne, our hardest hitting defenceman, in and out of the lineup in favour of a guy with a two inch longer pokecheck.

Now, Bergeron in the lineup I admit is the softest guy we have, but he has a howitzer of a shot and good wheels. He will help the PP, especially once Markov comes back. At least I am not putting him on D.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Here's mine

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Moen-Metropolit-White
Latendresse-Lappierre-Pyatt
spares: Laraque, Stewart, D'Agostini

Markov-Spacek
Hammer-Mara
Gill/ O'Byrne-Georges
Switched: Camm with Patches.
Spacek and Mara
Pyatt and Laraque

I like how Patches is working with Pleks and AK. Though, I think it can be interesting to see Patches with Gomez and Gio, with his current performances.
I know Spacek and Hamr have been playing an awesome duo. But I still like the idea of having Hamr and Markov together. Spacek being the trigger man at the blueline. I like Mara, but he doesn't have Spacek's shot.
Pyatt instead of Laraque, obvious imo. Though I may switch Pyatt on the 3rd line and White on the 4th. Considering Laps and Lats seem to like give checks, and so does White, i think it can be interesting.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
I don't know what you mean by grit. I don't even know if you know what you mean by grit.
Grit, sandpaper, roughness, toughness, get it? We would get killed by teams like Toronto, Ottawa, Philadelphia and Boston. No line-up is made with the 12 best offensive players, that's not how it works.

Just like Gill is not losing his spot on the team and neither is Latendresse, that's just common sence.

Old
11-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Cammalleri - Plekanec - A. Kostitsyn
Pacioretty - Gomez - Gionta
Moen - Metropolit - White
Pyatt- Lapierre - Latendresse
Extra: Laraque

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gorges - Mara
Gill

Price
Halak

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:

Pyatt is miles better at battling the puck out of his own zone than the big oaf Latendresse. Grit determination, focus, active stick and feet, call it what you will, it is more effective than Guillaume's turn-my-back-and-put-the-puck-back-into-the-corner move. Laraque only punishes you if you accept an invitation to take a fightbreak in the middle of a hockey game, or if he is committing a foul. And you want to rotate O'Byrne, our hardest hitting defenceman, in and out of the lineup in favour of a guy with a two inch longer pokecheck.

Now, Bergeron in the lineup I admit is the softest guy we have, but he has a howitzer of a shot and good wheels. He will help the PP, especially once Markov comes back. At least I am not putting him on D.
No I agree with the other guy, you pretty much have the worst lineup so far lol. Why are all the dmen switched?? MAB is gone when the players get back. He has done nothing PP wise that impressed me besides his second game playing

Cammy - Pleks - Akost
Patches - gomez - Gio
Pyatt - Metro - Moen
Lats - Laps - White

Stewart, Chips.

Markov Mara
Hammer Gorges
Spacek OB

Gill

Price
Halak

PP unit 1

Cammy Pleks Gio
Markov Spacek

PP unit 2

Akos Gomez Metro
Hammer Mara

PK unit 1

Pleks Moen
Hammer Gorges

PK unit 2

Metro White
Markov Mara

(PK will vary as we have sooo many players who can PK)

Markov Mara is an experiment. I would try OByrne there first, but I dunno if he would be better or Mara. Either or, they would switch roles if one doesn't play well.

The second line needs someone better and stronger than Patches, but he would have to do for now.

Spacek will be more effective on the left side like he normally plays. We get a solid 3 lines who can all play, which will help our old dmen to play better for the rest of the season. We have 3 d who can play on the right... why not use them?

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Kostitsyn
D'Agostini - Gomez - Gionta
Pacioretty - Metropolit - Moen
Pyatt - Chipchura - White
EX: Lapierre, Latendresse

Hamrlik - Spacek
Markov - O'Byrne
Gorges - Mara
EX: Gill

Price
Halak

GOALIES: Right now, Price is playing awesome. But this a revolving door for me with two youngsters. Either way, we are solid in net and I'm not that worried.

DEFENSE: Our defense has been pretty good, so good that Markov can play a few less ES minutes to start. Basically its like trading Bergeron for Markov. Gorges and Mara have been a good pairing and will now have less responsibility. O'Byrne has looked good in his two games back and will be paired witha franchise player. Hamrlik and Spacek have been nothing short of incredible together.

FORWARDS: D'Agostini is a sniper but before he went down to injury he was playing like a power forward by digging in corners, throwing hits, controlling the puck. His defensive game doesn't appear to be a liability anymore. Gomez needs to pick it up. The first line has all the tools. The third line has been proven very solid. I prefer Chipchura's positioning, grit, willingness to fight and stick up for teammates over what Lapierre has brought this year. White and Pyatt are playing to strong to justify sending them down.

This does leave us in a weird place though. Latendresse, Lapierre, Gill, and Bergeron = 1 too many extras. Personally, Gill may be tradable at the deadline and I'd look at that option purely because I don't want Gorges, O'Byrne, Markov, and Hamrlik. The other four were all UFA signings and Gill has the worst contract.
Posted via Mobile Device

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post

FORWARDS: D'Agostini is a sniper but before he went down to injury he was playing like a power forward by digging in corners, throwing hits, controlling the puck. His defensive game doesn't appear to be a liability anymore.

Maybe when the drugs wear off that 16 year old girl avatar will dissapear with those crazy D'Agostini analysis.

Old
11-22-2009, 10:02 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Pyatt - Chipchura - White
EX: Lapierre, Latendresse

Hamrlik - Spacek
Markov - O'Byrne
Gorges - Mara
EX: Gill

Price
Halak

GOALIES: Right now, Price is playing awesome. But this a revolving door for me with two youngsters. Either way, we are solid in net and I'm not that worried.

DEFENSE: Our defense has been pretty good, so good that Markov can play a few less ES minutes to start. Basically its like trading Bergeron for Markov. Gorges and Mara have been a good pairing and will now have less responsibility. O'Byrne has looked good in his two games back and will be paired witha franchise player. Hamrlik and Spacek have been nothing short of incredible together.

FORWARDS: D'Agostini is a sniper but before he went down to injury he was playing like a power forward by digging in corners, throwing hits, controlling the puck. His defensive game doesn't appear to be a liability anymore. Gomez needs to pick it up. The first line has all the tools. The third line has been proven very solid. I prefer Chipchura's positioning, grit, willingness to fight and stick up for teammates over what Lapierre has brought this year. White and Pyatt are playing to strong to justify sending them down.

This does leave us in a weird place though. Latendresse, Lapierre, Gill, and Bergeron = 1 too many extras. Personally, Gill may be tradable at the deadline and I'd look at that option purely because I don't want Gorges, O'Byrne, Markov, and Hamrlik. The other four were all UFA signings and Gill has the worst contract.
Posted via Mobile Device
There is absolutely no reason to have D'Agostini ahead of any forward on the depth chart a this point. ... Well, except maybe Gregory Stewart.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 10:05 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Quote:

Maybe when the drugs wear off that 16 year old girl avatar will dissapear with those crazy D'Agostini analysis.
I have the games on DVD if you need to go back and watch them since your memory is failing you. Probably should head to the doctors office to make sure you're okay.
Posted via Mobile Device

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 10:17 PM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Moen - Metropolit - White
Pyatt- Lapierre - Latendresse
Extra: Laraque

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gorges - Mara
Gill

Price
Halak
We have a winner.
Cept my defense would look like this.
Markov-OB
Hamrlik-Mara
Spacek-Gorges
Gill/Carle/PK pending any trades.
And I truly expect Lats to make a comeback, so maybe switch him in with White, and work up from there. And I'd put D'ags as a 13th F.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 10:27 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouHab View Post
Here is my line-up with everyone healthy, and I'm adding Sergei because, well, because he's gonna get called up.

Camm-Gomez-Gionta
AK46-Pleks-SK74
Patches-Metro-Moen
Lats-Chips-D'Agostini
Extras: Lapierre, Laraque, Pyatt

Markov-O'Byrne
Hamrlik-Spacek
Mara-Gorges
Extras: Gill, MAB

Explanations:

First line has to stay together. The Pleks-AK-Camm line looked great together last night, but I still think we keep the original three. Adding Sergei to the second line will be excellent, and this is a very legit second line. The third line I love, because they have played very well together this year. The fourth line is more than solid: we have a guy who is fantastic on faceoffs, a big guy who can screen the net, and a sniper. I put Lapierre on the bench, because he has been useless. Keep Pyatt up instead on Stewart. Defense is self-explanatory. This really isn't a bad squad...
Replace D'Ago with Lappierre, and that's exactly what i'd like to see too, maybe Chips and Pyatt too...

Camm-Gomez-Gionta
AK46-Pleks-SK74
Patches-Metro-Moen
Lats-Pyatt-Lapierre
Extras: D'ago, Laraque, Chips

Markov-O'Byrne
Hamrlik-Spacek
Mara-Gorges
Extras: Gill, MAB

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
FF de Mars

Cammalleri - Plekanec - A Kostitsyn
S Kostitsyn - Gomez - Gionta
Latendresse - Metropolit - D'Agostini
Lapierre - Chipchura - Moen

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Georges
Spacek - Mara
Gill

Price
Halak

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Ginu

Sharp - Gomez - Kostitsyn
Cammalleri - Plekanec - Gionta
Laraque - Pyatt - White
(Latendresse, Lapierre, Chipchura)

Markov - Mara
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gorges - O'Byrne
(Gill, Leach)

Price
Halak

P.S. I see Leach being a possible sleeper to crack the top 6. I just have a good feeling about him for some reason.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:23 AM
bib
#believe

We really need that other top-6 winger. However, maybe the solution lies internally...

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:38 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
We really need that other top-6 winger. However, maybe the solution lies internally...
Sergei!!

Before the season starts, I was looking forward to see a full season with both of the Kostitsyn on the same line.

I still think we are a better team if we can call up Sergei now.

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
S. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-A. Kostitsyn
Pacioretty-Lapierre-Latendresse (D'Agostini)
Pyatt-Metropolit-Moen

But honestly, like I said in the Sergei thread, now im pretty sure that Sergei will never gets call back.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Flambergius

Cammalleri-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Kostitsyn
Moen-Lapierre-Latendresse
Pyatt-Metropolit-D'Agostini

The first line was effective and we need them to be. Plekanec has been able to produce pretty much by himself, but I also thought that both Pacioretty and Kostitsyn were showing signs of life in the last week or two. This is my bid to get two productive lines. If it doesn't work then send Pacioretty to AHL and move Moen up to second. If still not working, switch Moen and Cammalleri.

On the bottom half, play Lapierre and Latendresse as much as they deserve, which might be 5 minutes or even a scratch. If clicking, Metro's line is good enough to play 12 minutes.

Flambergius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:23 AM
smiler2729

I just love these armchair coaches that post their lines...

Okay, I'll play too:
1st: Shutt-P.Mahovlich-Lafleur
2nd: Damphousse-Turgeon-Recchi
3rd: Gainey-Jarvis-McPhee
4th: Laraque-Skrudland-Chartraw

Last edited by smiler2729: 11-23-2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Misspell
smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I'd go with...

Pyatt/White - Lapierre - Latendresse

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gorges - Mara

Price
Halak

Press Box: Leach, Laraque, Chipchura

Gill moved for a pick, one of Pyatt or White sent down.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:54 AM
saints96

Cammy Gomez Giona
Skos Pleks Akos
Patches Metro Moen
Pyatt Lappy White

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gorges - Mara

Price
Halak

...and theres a winning lineup!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Patty Roy

Mike Cammalleri-Tomas Plekanec-Andrei Kostitsyn
Max Pacioretty-Scott Gomez-Brian Gionta
Travis Moen-Glen Metropolit-Matt D'Agostini
Guillaume Latendresse-Maxim Lapierre-Laraque/Stewart
ex. Chipchura, Stewart
AHL - Pyatt, White

I'd love to keep White for the 4th line, but at this point we need to go with the guys that don't have to clear waivers. I'm optimistic that Stewart's stint in the AHL will help him get his game shape back.

BGL has no business being in the lineup when we are not playing Boston/TO/Ottawa or other teams that do not dress goons. He is a clear liability out there.

Andrei Markov-Ryan O'Byrne
Roman Hamrlik-Jaroslav Spacek
Josh Gorges-Paul Mara
ex. Hal Gill
AHL - Bergeron, Leach

Last edited by Patty Roy: 11-23-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Forgot the D pairings.
Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Pyatt - Metropolit - Moen
Latendresse - Lapierre - D'Agostini

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Gorges - Mara

A healthy D looks very solid, and Gainey might be praised for his signings as opposed to being bashed for signing only left shooting D.

I'm wondering if the third line would be able to shut down opposing teams' first line.
I like your lineup with with this change if SK74 comes back from his lengthy purgatory.

SK74 - Gomez - Gionta
Latendresse - Lapierre - D'Agostini

Markov - O'Byrne
Hamrlik - Spacek
Mara - Gorges

Patches is not enough of a finisher right now to play on that line.
Gorges actually plays better on the right side.
Who knows about Sergei... but he could really help.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Talent Analyst

Cammy-Plekanek-Kostitsyn
Sergei-Gomez-Gionta
Pacioretty-Metropolit-Pouliot
Moen-Lapierre-White/Pyatt

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote