HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else hate Parent as much as I do?

Old
11-20-2009, 08:41 PM
seanerixon

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
why would anyone hate Patent. honestly. The guy missed the first what 3 months of the season last year? Was he even 100 percent last season?
This year Parent has been dogged by a groin injury and anyone who has played any sport where you use your legs alot its an absolute ***** to overcome. groin injuries were the reason I gave up cross country in high school because I just couldnt overcome them.
Parent had a huge game last night, and hopefully he can stay healthy and build off that.
Some people need to give the kid a break.
Bartulis is not better then Parent. You are going to make that judgement based on what? a few games for Bartulis against a less then 100 percent Parent for most of this season?
uhhh no.
Well, I could go by statistics and make an argument for Bartulis. I believe he has blocked more shots, in fewer games. I'm not looking this up, because it ruins the excitement whether I'm right or wrong. And if you're going to play the injury card... I would pick an average Joe over someone who is out every week. I understand playing D is difficult and wear-n-tear job. But to say Bartulis isn't as good as Parent, isn't fair at all. Yes, it is still very early to tell, so for me to say Bartulis is better than Parent was stupid as well. But right now, as of this moment. I would say Bartulis > Parent. And if you wanted to get more in depth about Parent, I would pick Tolly over Parent. But he too has a lot of injury issues. In all, I'm trying to say Bartulis is better as of this moment. Sure he may fail soon, but I have faith in him, just as much faith that Parent becomes a better player too. Whatever betters the team I love!

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 07:26 PM
jr13

I agree--what a knucklehead-----and parent and bartulis is a nice combo by the way until Marshall replaces coburn next year

jr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSeany View Post
Well, I could go by statistics and make an argument for Bartulis. I believe he has blocked more shots, in fewer games. I'm not looking this up, because it ruins the excitement whether I'm right or wrong.
I know everyone's terribly excited over whether you're right or wrong, but let me ruin that excitement for you. Parent has 11 blocks in 11 games, while Bartulis has 8 blocks in 5 games. Yeah, he has a higher percentage of blocked shots per game, but that's not what you said. Oh, and your boy OKT only has 6 blocks in 9 games. I'm not saying this means anything overall, but I just didn't want you to get too excited over something you were wrong about.

Jim Schennson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 11:45 AM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick van Riemsdyk View Post
I know everyone's terribly excited over whether you're right or wrong, but let me ruin that excitement for you. Parent has 11 blocks in 11 games, while Bartulis has 8 blocks in 5 games. Yeah, he has a higher percentage of blocked shots per game, but that's not what you said. Oh, and your boy OKT only has 6 blocks in 9 games. I'm not saying this means anything overall, but I just didn't want you to get too excited over something you were wrong about.
Thank you for pleasuring my excitement, I'm in high ride as I type. I'm just waiting for Kevin Marshall to get his chance. Bart is a great player, I like him more than Parent, the way he plays. And once again, I like how Parent is a stay at home Dman, but he does make a bit few mistakes at times to play that role. I think he was better paired with Kimmo, but hey... what can you do, we are only fans.

Old
11-22-2009, 11:47 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Thank you for pleasuring my excitement, I'm in high ride as I type. I'm just waiting for Kevin Marshall to get his chance. Bart is a great player, I like him more than Parent, the way he plays. And once again, I like how Parent is a stay at home Dman, but he does make a bit few mistakes at times to play that role. I think he was better paired with Kimmo, but hey... what can you do, we are only fans.
wait, what?

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
wait, what?
Yeah, really, what? Believe me, I wasn't trying to "pleasure your excitement". You can take that action elsewhere.

Old
11-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Yeah, really, what? Believe me, I wasn't trying to "pleasure your excitement". You can take that action elsewhere.
I think he just tried to turn you gay, dude.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
I think he just tried to turn you gay, dude.
Yeah, I think my screen name must have fooled him. It's a combination of "Dick van Dyke" and "James van Riemsdyk", not a dating advertisement. Thanks, but no thanks.

Old
11-22-2009, 11:02 PM
seanerixon

Its a joke.. "Why so serious?" Don't flatter yourself, and go off topic by commenting a sarcastic part of my post so we all center our thoughts around you. Here, allow me to assist your logical thoughts by quoting myself and editing the important part of my post by adding bold text!

Quote:

Old
11-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Jim Schennson
Bros.

Quote:
Its a joke.. "Why so serious?" Don't flatter yourself, and go off topic by commenting a sarcastic part of my post so we all center our thoughts around you. Here, allow me to assist your logical thoughts by quoting myself and editing the important part of my post by adding bold text!
No, I wouldn't want everyone to center their thoughts around me, when you're here to point the attention toward yourself. I'm not "so serious", Joker, it's just that your posts are more weird than funny. Weird is fine, but when your weirdness turns into blatant gay (NTTAWWT) innuendo, well, that's where I say good day to you sir. I said, good day!

Old
11-23-2009, 01:07 AM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
No, I wouldn't want everyone to center their thoughts around me, when you're here to point the attention toward yourself. I'm not "so serious", Joker, it's just that your posts are more weird than funny. Weird is fine, but when your weirdness turns into blatant gay (NTTAWWT) innuendo, well, that's where I say good day to you sir. I said, good day!
meh.. that emoticon looks kinda gay. NTTAWWAT

PhillyFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote