HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2009 Philadelphia EAGLES Regular Season Thread!

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Shady lost his 100 yard game on that carry, went from 19-100 to 20-99.

Old
11-22-2009, 11:31 PM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Game

Old
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
FlyHigh

Ladies and Gentlemen, Jay Cutler.

Old
11-22-2009, 11:34 PM
UseYourAllusion

well, a win is a win

Old
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
The Big Swede

Wasn't the best game but we needed that win very bad

Old
11-23-2009, 01:34 AM
Amateur Hour

Jay Cutler was our MVP tonight. What a putrid performance by the biggest d-bag in football -- couldn't happen to a better guy. Whatever... a win is a win, so I'll take it. The Eagles are still just a mediocre football team, though, and the injuries sure don't help. There's too much talent in that dressing room to be so underachieving.

Oh, well, the positives are that we won a close game, McNabb led a TD drive in the last half of the 4th quarter with his team trailing (how often does that happen?), and we ran the ball fairly well. Shady has talent, but he needs to more conscious of ball security; he's going to get the ball stripped way too many times if he continues to carelessly hold it so far away from his body when he's running. It's a terrible habit that must be curbed immediately if he hopes to become an every-down back in this league.

The defense got lucky that Cutler overthrew 3 easy TDs. Still, the unit played fine overall and came up with the game-ending turnover when needed.

Again, a win is a win... but I'm less than impressed and not even close to satisfied with this team's overall performance. They players and coaches need to be infinitely better if they hope to have this team be a legitimate playoff contender.

Old
11-23-2009, 01:40 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
Oh, well, the positives are that we won a close game, McNabb led a TD drive in the last half of the 4th quarter with his team trailing (how often does that happen?),
Last time I think was that Monday night game in Green Bay where Todd Pinkston caught the winning TD in the last minute. I'm sure someone will bring it up on WIP if someone listens, they've talked about it before, but it's been a long, long time and I think that was the one they looked at.

Old
11-23-2009, 01:45 AM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Last time I think was that Monday night game in Green Bay where Todd Pinkston caught the winning TD in the last minute. I'm sure someone will bring it up on WIP if someone listens, they've talked about it before, but it's been a long, long time and I think that was the one they looked at.
Ha! Stinkston.

Old
11-23-2009, 10:12 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
The guy brought his team back to score 3 straight touchdowns to lead the NFC championship last year after his defense played like **** and got torched three times by Larry Fitzgerald. Apparently, he's good. We're winning the game midway through the 4th but the Cardinals drove down, sapped the clock, and scored a touchdown to win.

I'm still going to watch every eagles game, but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that they're going nowhere. All these games have been very underwhelming...I don't see them making it past the first round of the playoffs.

Old
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
2Claude2Giroux

I don't really get the flack for hating on Donovan in big games.

I don't really think he's been that bad at all in the biggest games of his life. Could he be better? Sure, but he's not Manning or Brady.

As long as they have a decent running game to help him out, he's going to lead you to a win just like last night. It's insane how many people blame him for no reason at all sometimes. I would be extremely bitter for the most part if I was him too.

Old
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Claude2Giroux View Post
I don't really get the flack for hating on Donovan in big games.

I don't really think he's been that bad at all in the biggest games of his life. Could he be better? Sure, but he's not Manning or Brady.

As long as they have a decent running game to help him out, he's going to lead you to a win just like last night. It's insane how many people blame him for no reason at all sometimes. I would be extremely bitter for the most part if I was him too.
Well this was a classic Donovan game. We actually ran the ball, we ran it pretty effectively, and Donovan goes 23/32 for 244, a 101.6 rating, and leads the game-winning drive.

Donovan's top-10 in QB rating and has only really had 2 bad games (and that one against Oakland sure as hell wasn't his fault).

Look at where he stacks up in the NFL as far as QB rating, he's below the Manning-Brees-Brady-Rivers group and obviously Favre and right in the Roethlisberger-Warner-E. Manning-Romo-Palmer group.

He's a great QB who's been top-8 in the league for the past decade, I got no problem with him.

I've said this a trillion times, but people always blame him for the NE game without putting in a number of factors.

A) He got absolutely slaughtered in that first half, go back and look at the tape, he was getting hit every time he dropped back.

B) Speaking of dropping back, Donovan threw 51 times. Against a Belichick defense. Not a recipe for success.

C) We ran 16 times and averaged less than 3 yards per rush.

We lost that game in the trenches, plain and simple, the O-line didn't block anybody that entire game.

Old
11-23-2009, 01:38 PM
2Claude2Giroux

I'll consider that last pick he threw moot since it was obvious they weren't doing anything anyway.

The other two were pretty meh but McNabb did a very good job of driving them down the field. I'll put the clock management as Andy's fault. You have to be better prepared for a situation like that.

McNabb definitely didn't lose them the game. The Eagles defense had a lot of trouble stopping the screen pass too. Belichick had the perfect offensive game plan against their constant blitzing. They just didn't get enough push on either side of the lines and that's what lost them the game.

I don't see why everyone is so anxious to go to Kolb too. I mean, what did he really show in his games played? He had a very average game against New Orleans and beat up on a bad like Kansas City. McNabb would have done the same, or even more.

If you give McNabb a balanced gameplan, he'll find you a way to win games. That's the bottom line.

Old
11-24-2009, 05:13 AM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Claude2Giroux View Post
I'll consider that last pick he threw moot since it was obvious they weren't doing anything anyway.

The other two were pretty meh but McNabb did a very good job of driving them down the field. I'll put the clock management as Andy's fault. You have to be better prepared for a situation like that.

McNabb definitely didn't lose them the game. The Eagles defense had a lot of trouble stopping the screen pass too. Belichick had the perfect offensive game plan against their constant blitzing. They just didn't get enough push on either side of the lines and that's what lost them the game.

I don't see why everyone is so anxious to go to Kolb too. I mean, what did he really show in his games played? He had a very average game against New Orleans and beat up on a bad like Kansas City. McNabb would have done the same, or even more.

If you give McNabb a balanced gameplan, he'll find you a way to win games. That's the bottom line.
I don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees with you on that point. The problem is that Andy and friends don't give McNabb a balanced game plan, and McNabb's not consistently accurate enough to lead a prolific passing attack (like Brady and Manning). Still, far too often, all the pressure is heaped on his shoulders and then he's assigned the blame when things go wrong, even though he receives little help. If McNabb had a consistent running game that accounted for 45% of the offensive plays, this team would be in much better shape (right now our run/pass ratio is 40/60). That last TD drive to put us ahead against the Bears was a masterful display of what can happen when you mix up your play-calling and keep the defense off balance. Unfortunately, Andy Reid is what he is, and that's a disciple of the West Coast Offense. He'll never waver from his conviction that passing the ball a majority of the time wins games, and he'll continue to construct his offensive strategies around that philosophy. It is what it is, and what it has been for 10 years.

Old
11-24-2009, 12:21 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Justice given a 4-year extension

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4685593

Old
11-24-2009, 12:29 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Winston Justice needs to be arrested. He just robbed Philadelphia for $18.5 million dollars.

Old
11-24-2009, 12:38 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Winston Justice needs to be arrested. He just robbed Philadelphia for $18.5 million dollars.

I don't know about that, dude. It's a little high, yes but as Ray Didinger said on DNL yesterday he has been, by far their most consistent o line guy this season. He has recovered well since that giants onslaught.

Old
11-24-2009, 12:55 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Absolutely. He's done well considering he wasn't even supposed to be a starter. If they had all their starters, I'm sure they would have had no qualms letting him walk after this year.

What the hell ever happened with Stacy Andrews?

Old
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
V for Victory

Stacy Andrews was benched for the Chicago game. I never heard a reason. Discipline? poor play in practice?

All I know is this O line has been in flux all season and we will not go far in the playoffs as the team is currently assembled.

Old
11-24-2009, 10:23 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Absolutely. He's done well considering he wasn't even supposed to be a starter. If they had all their starters, I'm sure they would have had no qualms letting him walk after this year.

What the hell ever happened with Stacy Andrews?
Stacey has played like crap, plan and simple. Some will blame it on his ACL, but his fundamentals are pathetic.

The Eagles have an out in his contract after this year. They should take it and target either Jahari Evans or Logan Mankins in FA.

Old
11-25-2009, 12:45 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1170
Any volunteers to open a new thread? This needs to be closed as it approaches 1,000.

Old
11-25-2009, 12:46 AM
ForsbergIsOdin

Send a message via AIM to ForsbergIsOdin
Ill Do It!

Old
11-25-2009, 12:49 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1170