HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque suspended 5 games

Old
11-23-2009, 02:20 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
a slight difference is the other guys you mentioned actually bring something positive to the team. what exactly does laraque bring?
You mean the same people who jumped for joy when Bob signed BGL? When was the last time one of our midgets was given a cheap shot with BGL in the lineup?

They love him when he sticks up for the team, hate him when he makes mistakes. Oh wait, that's the reaction for every player on this team from the majority of the fans.

Quote:
and lol at you thinking people here want laraque suspended just for the knee. i think it has more to do with the fact that he wont be in the lineup anymore....thats the biggest reason people wanting him suspended.
Blame Bob, not Laraque, you can't sit that salary forever.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:29 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Then you're just being hypocritical and "act" classy when you say that Laraque should be suspended for to that vicious knee tackle.

In reality you only say so due to wanting him out of the line-up regardless.

Either it was dirty and warrants a suspension, or it wasn't - Laraque being the culprit doesn't make it either better or worse.
Yup, pretty much. Why would I want a useless plug in our lineup who has publicly displayed some form of attitude/displeasure from sitting on the bench. I want our team to be successful and win, so am I happy that he may be suspended? No, not quite. I'm just happy that he might not be in the lineup because he offers absolutely nothing to this team and is taking up a valuable roster spot. Thanks, come again.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:30 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
You mean the same people who jumped for joy when Bob signed BGL? When was the last time one of our midgets was given a cheap shot with BGL in the lineup?

They love him when he sticks up for the team, hate him when he makes mistakes. Oh wait, that's the reaction for every player on this team from the majority of the fans.

What do you think Heatley would be doing if he were on the Sens right now. Of course you can sit players. Bob isn't afraid to rectify his own mistakes, as he's shown numerous of occasions in the past.

bib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:33 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post

He is always injured since he signed with the Habs.
He played 47 games in 107 games

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:55 AM
CPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
He is always injured since he signed with the Habs.
He played 47 games in 107 games
Wow I knew the number was high, but thats crazy.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Habblues

BGL Time to Hit the Road ?

Ok sat nite was the final straw for me.BGL pretty much cost the Habs the game by his dumb dumb antics.How ********** stupid was he to stick his leg out there ? He should have gotten a major........that`s it ! what has he done for this team other than draw a paycheck ? Time to hit the road BGL.

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:55 AM
saints96

buy out his contract and bye bye lacraque!!!

saints96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Tuggy

We could only be so lucky.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Habblues

Can you believe Bob signed him for 3 F **** years ? Came here with a bad back,bad groin and a wonky knee.........WAY TO GO BOB !!

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:45 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

before BGL can hit a road, does he have to ask it nicely?

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
BGL should be suspended. I do not believe he attempted to injure him. He was trying to avoid being beaten on a play, and made a poor decision, one I'm sure he regrets. He'll probably get 2-5 games, the league cannot allow this type of play to go unpunished, players need to be in control in all situations.
I agree with this. I expect 3 games for that poor decision...

Didn't Plekanec improve his game last year after his suspension?

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Some actually defended him saying it was a good deal to give the guy time and all,nothing but useless and a waste of 1.5 million on our cap witch could be used on a player that can actually play hockey

I think he will get between 3 and 6 games,hopefully much more....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:00 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

He should be suspended and probably will be suspended... that was a stupid move.

However that means the league is a farce
Ovechkin did worse and got nothing....
Which means if you are a "superstar" you are untouchable which is complete bull shat
You fark up you should be suspended regardless of league status

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Some actually defended him saying it was a good deal to give the guy time and all,nothing but useless and a waste of 1.5 million on our cap witch could be used on a player that can actually play hockey

I think he will get between 3 and 6 games,hopefully much more....
Sad thing is Laraque wasn't too bad a player in his early Edmonton days, but he is nothing but a shadow of his former self, both in terms of attitude and play. I cannot see him get another contract in this league once his current one runs out.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:29 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Sad thing is Laraque wasn't too bad a player in his early Edmonton days, but he is nothing but a shadow of his former self, both in terms of attitude and play. I cannot see him get another contract in this league once his current one runs out.
He actually was indeed not that bad,but it was also a different league were they let a lot of holding go witch was more made for players not that fast like him

Old
11-23-2009, 10:30 AM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
Man, our enforcers are always winding down their careers when they play for the Habs it seems. Odjick still was the best in recent years, though!

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
Laraque won't be suspended. I am pretty sure Kronwall signed a contract authorizing Laraque to hit him. Laraque never attacks without a signed contract.
hilarious, dood

I actualy thought he was playing well and they were having a hard time answering his phisicality.. maybe the Wings are just softer than us..

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Perrah

I dont think there is a way they can suspend him without looking like hypocrites because matt cooke last week has a history of these types of hits and gets donovan who has a similar injury to kronwall and he got nothing.

Last edited by Perrah: 11-23-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Man, our enforcers are always winding down their careers when they play for the Habs it seems. Odjick still was the best in recent years, though!
I thought Langdon was pretty good too...the Habs need to find themselves another Scott Thornton. A guy that can actually play AND chuck the nuckles with the best of the middleweights.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:11 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
hilarious, dood

I actualy thought he was playing well and they were having a hard time answering his phisicality.. maybe the Wings are just softer than us..
Wings get a useless enforcer from time to time. The Wings are probably the softest team in the league bar none, but when you have a system that works and you win a ton of games, do you really need to be all the menacing ?

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Read this on HI/O, made me laugh:
"Campbell is considering a four-game suspension, but Bob Gainey has asked for six."

Obviously Bob is just a touch embarrassed by BGL, no?

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Joe Cole

I hate to say it but.... Laraque is Gainey's responsibility.

OK... in 2007 the Habs are getting kicked around by every team. Everyone screams that we need to toughen up and get an enforcer. So, Bob asks his pro-scouts "who is around that can do the job?"

They respond, "George Laraque. Toughest guy in the league, he can contibute to the team as a skater too, and he is local." That seems to tick all the boxes.

We get him... and he is partially crippled. We also learn that he only fights when a special formula concerning fairness and readiness has been completed.

So....Bob is at fault because either he improperly evaluated how valuable Laraque would be to the team at this stage of his career/health or Bob is at fault because he trusts Pro Scouts which are obviously not doing the job.

As for this hit... everyone can tell, Laraque does not have the agility to hit guys who are aware he is coming. Kronwall saw him coming, changed course and Laraque adjusted to make sure he would would not let him by. And the tape tells the rest of the story.

A bad two game stint for a guy who cannot help the Habs. Erskine side stepped the "Laraque Regulations for Fair Fights" and beat him to the punch, and then he looked like a goon against the Red Wings.

Consider this experiment...failed.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Taupy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
OK... in 2007 the Habs are getting kicked around by every team. Everyone screams that we need to toughen up and get an enforcer. So, Bob asks his pro-scouts "who is around that can do the job?"

They respond, "George Laraque. Toughest guy in the league, he can contibute to the team as a skater too, and he is local." That seems to tick all the boxes.

We get him... and he is partially crippled. We also learn that he only fights when a special formula concerning fairness and readiness has been completed.

So....Bob is at fault because either he improperly evaluated how valuable Laraque would be to the team at this stage of his career/health or Bob is at fault because he trusts Pro Scouts which are obviously not doing the job.

As for this hit... everyone can tell, Laraque does not have the agility to hit guys who are aware he is coming. Kronwall saw him coming, changed course and Laraque adjusted to make sure he would would not let him by. And the tape tells the rest of the story.

A bad two game stint for a guy who cannot help the Habs. Erskine side stepped the "Laraque Regulations for Fair Fights" and beat him to the punch, and then he looked like a goon against the Red Wings.

It also helped IMO that Guy Carbo said that he would like to have a fighter that can play hockey too, while Laraque was a Penguins.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
I hope he wont be suspended. And I think the NHL will not have the balls to suspend him anyway.
hold on to your seats ladies, this will not be pretty.

I am in complete aggreement with JGD on this one. I think , just like kostopoulos on MVR last year ... that dangerous hits, somewhat cheap shots are part of the game because of the league's failure to adress them. because of that , tom kostopoulos getting 3 games, and george laraque getting suspended for hits like that is fine by me, and what's worst is that this kind of hit falls in his/their ''role'' .

3-5-7 games for taking out kronwall for 8 weeks? worth it. On burke's mind, holmgren's , steve downie's , Artyukin's, ... the list goes on.

on any given day, 90% of this fanbase want george laraque to lose it ... when something happens, much like rats under the daylight, they are nowhere to be found.

I stand here and tell you george laraque made a dirty play ... I would have prefered Orr or hartnell ... but seeing him lose it on that presence made me smile. We take it on ourselves to be honest , the league and most of the ppl in it aren't ... and until they do something to prevent/limit the presence of goons , I'd rather have george laraque on my team, than him on the other team taking out markov ... same goes for frontloaded contracts... or any other tactics other GM sucessfuly use to make their way arround the cap...

the ugly truth.

Last edited by THE HOFF: 11-23-2009 at 12:22 PM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

It's not really Bob's fault regarding the health of Laraque and all but more about the contract he gave him,did he really need to give him 1.5?I wonder how much he was getting offered on the market.I mean the Pens replaced Laraque with Goddard for 3 years at 750 000,he would have costed half the price and can fight.Anyways next year can't come fast enough,he will be gone soon enough