HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lisin to Fourth Line, Brashear to Third

Old
11-20-2009, 08:55 PM
t3hg00se

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Somethings going on here. Why would Kotalik get moved to the first line and then get taken off the PP completely? Torts has to just be looking at other options or alternates somethings.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 09:08 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Somethings going on here. Why would Kotalik get moved to the first line and then get taken off the PP completely? Torts has to just be looking at other options or alternates somethings.
i have a feeling its a typo

hes got rozy listed twice so im assuming he typed rozy when he meant kotes.

i sure hope im right, otherwise torts is doing bongs im afraid.

and congrats to da cuse for dismantling carolina on national tv tonite.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Ahhhhh... Rozi on the PP...

Isn't that how we lead the league in shorties last season?

(Visions of puck jumping over Rozi's stick at the blueline)

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
benneyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
Ahhhhh... Rozi on the PP...

Isn't that how we lead the league in shorties last season?

(Visions of puck jumping over Rozi's stick at the blueline)
Oh Sweet G*d, No!

Someone please queue "End of the World" music...

benneyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Nick00

Aah yes, the old "mishandling on the blueline leading to devastating SHG against".
Fills me with nostalgia for the lost Renney era.
I look forward to it with eager anticipation.

Last edited by Nick00: 11-22-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Nick00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 05:50 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

im praying that rozy isnt anywhere near the pp tonite.

rozy on the pp makes me think of any random fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRcTg...eature=related

Old
11-22-2009, 04:11 PM
chosen

How far away from the 5th line is Lisin?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:12 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
How far away from the 5th line is Lisin?
He belongs on a milk carton.

The kid has speed, but hes simply not a very good hockey player at all.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post

A LOT of the Ranger's forwards belong on milk cartons right now, Lisin is not alone.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:

Yet another player that Torts fell in love with and handed a spot to with not a single ounce of merit. Lisin is a ahl player in his own zone and has world class speed but no clue what to do with it.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Lisin's playing through pain; the fact that he's not out of the lineup tells you he really wants to stick with the Rangers, I don't know that everyone would be playing through what he's playing through. I'm sure it limits his best asset too..his speed.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:

lisin has created over the last month just as much as .... take your pick

gonna need a pretty big carton there bro.

callahan
higgins
avery
drury when he plays
dubinsky when he plays
kotalik- other than his pp time
anisimov

so please, as much as it pains me to say that lisin hasnt done much the last 9 games- he just hasnt, atleast he does have an excuse- the broken bone in his foot.

guys like cally and higgins have no physical malady and have just plain suked

ryan callahan- a guy i love- has been awful and has had perhaps the worst season so far when you factor in all the pp time and top 9 minutes hes gotten.

higgins, but for a 2-3 games stretch has been dreadful.

avery hustles but for the most part accomplishes zippo.

inspite of your agenda, lisin isnt the problem here.

Old
11-22-2009, 07:04 PM
pdogfizzle
HFBoards Sponsor

Ok honestly when i Brash was on the 3rd line with higgins and callahan he wasn't THAT bad. I'd give him another shot over lisin just to see what happens. Just stick brashear in for the full game...

pdogfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
lisin has created over the last month just as much as .... take your pick

gonna need a pretty big carton there bro.

callahan
higgins
avery
drury when he plays
dubinsky when he plays
kotalik- other than his pp time
anisimov

so please, as much as it pains me to say that lisin hasnt done much the last 9 games- he just hasnt, atleast he does have an excuse- the broken bone in his foot.

guys like cally and higgins have no physical malady and have just plain suked

ryan callahan- a guy i love- has been awful and has had perhaps the worst season so far when you factor in all the pp time and top 9 minutes hes gotten.

higgins, but for a 2-3 games stretch has been dreadful.

avery hustles but for the most part accomplishes zippo.

inspite of your agenda, lisin isnt the problem here.
I dont know why you feel the need to bring up all the other players. Yes, a lot of players have been disappointing. But we are talking about Enver Lisin specifically.

And honestly, theres no agenda...thats kind of ridiculous. Although Id be lying if I said I didnt smile everytime I see a post about just how bad Lisin has been. Specifically when I think back to your "second most talented player on the team" talk.

You can use the foot issue as a crutch if you'd like, but I think his speed hasnt been jeopardized too much. And lets face it, thats his only weapon. The rest of his game is pretty much terrible.

Old
11-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I dont know why you feel the need to bring up all the other players. Yes, a lot of players have been disappointing. But we are talking about Enver Lisin specifically.

And honestly, theres no agenda...thats kind of ridiculous. Although Id be lying if I said I didnt smile everytime I see a post about just how bad Lisin has been. Specifically when I think back to your "second most talented player on the team" talk.

You can use the foot issue as a crutch if you'd like, but I think his speed hasnt been jeopardized too much. And lets face it, thats his only weapon. The rest of his game is pretty much terrible.
sorta agree...but i also agree that Lisin isn't the problem...Lisin playing big, important minutes definitely is the problem. the guy is a 4th liner right now....at best.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:09 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
sorta agree...but i also agree that Lisin isn't the problem...Lisin playing big, important minutes definitely is the problem. the guy is a 4th liner right now....at best.
well, if correct... .where does that put callahan, higgins and avery

on the 5th line ?

actually inferno, we have enough guys for 3 4th lines right now. our team is 2/3 of a 1st line and 3 fourth lines.

and um...... the kotalik experiment with the two big dogs on line 1 has been a failure.

last 3 games..... for our new 1st line lw is. drumroll please.........

ZERO points and a -3

even lisin isnt that bad.

Old
11-23-2009, 09:18 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Lisin had gone a few games before the injury without posting a point or doing much of anything. So I don't know that the foot injury completely explains his disappearance.

And even then, it doesn't look to me like his speed or movement have been impacted much if at all. He's still zipping around out there pretty good. His problem is that he's not doing anything creative with the puck, and he can't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot right now.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Lisin had gone a few games before the injury without posting a point or doing much of anything. So I don't know that the foot injury completely explains his disappearance.

And even then, it doesn't look to me like his speed or movement have been impacted much if at all. He's still zipping around out there pretty good. His problem is that he's not doing anything creative with the puck, and he can't hit the broad side of a barn with his shot right now.
well true.

he hasnt shown even a glimmer of the offense he brought last year for the yotes.

i honestly believe hes been transformed by torts into something he never was, a 2 way player who hits and finishes checks, plays the wall dowm low, and backchecks effectively. hes thinking stuff other than offense and it appears he cant get that offensive confidence back. hes reacting and thats slowing down his timing resulting in blocked/deflected shots when he does get good scoring chances. hes rarely in good spots anymore like he was in preseason when he was always near the puck and near the net with the puck. hes lost all that.

now to be fair, he has some very good shifts where hes noticeable and where he creates not with his offense per say, but with his solid board work and puck possesion skills. and hes made some nifty passes recently, the good one from the wall last game to higgins comes to mind.

he, like pretty much everyone else so far, just has no finish.

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 11-23-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old
11-23-2009, 09:47 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I'm not singling out Lisin. The whole team looks like garbage right now, unfortunately. He's talented though, so hopefully he can help us turn it around.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:47 AM
94now

Quote:
well true.

he hasnt shown even a glimmer of the offense he brought last year for the yotes.

i honestly believe hes been transformed by torts into something he never was, a 2 way player who hits and finishes checks, plays the wall dowm low, and backchecks effectively. hes thinking stuff other than offense and it appears he cant get that offensive confidence back. hes reacting and thats slowing down his timing resulting in blocked/deflected shots when he does get good scoring chances. hes rarely in good spots anymore like he was in preseason when he was always near the puck and near the net with the puck. hes lost all that.

one positive has been his passing. hes made some nifty passes recently, the good one from the wall last game to higgins comes to mind.

now to be fair, he has some very good shifts where hes noticeable and where he creates not with his offense per say, but with his solid board work and puck possesion skills. and hes made some nifty passes recently, the good one from the wall last game to higgins comes to mind.

You're correct. Lisin was used on 1st line as a support cast for big guns Gabo-Prospal. As a puck retriever he was not particularly impressive. He is poor man's Zherdev and he needs a room to be effective. No one gives the room to 1st line player. That is why Zherdev was miserable at times on 1st. That is why Lisin will be much more effective on Energy line. He should be da man there.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
well true.

If thats true, and I dont necessarily think it is, then its just another black eye on Torts' handling of his personnel.

This team needs offense. Torts and the staff made it a priority that Lisin at least is somewhat capable on the defensive side of the puck. Your assertation that hes changed (or is trying to change) Lisin into a two way player is really just a crutch more than anything. You have a lot invested in Lisin with the way you pumped him up, so thats understandable, I guess.

But the truth is, while I think hes been OK defensively, hes seems to have lost any sort of offensive creativity as a result....the very thing that could have made him an asset in the first place. The other guys you bring up...Callahan, Higgins, and even Avery, are far more responsible on the defensive end than Lisin could ever dream to be. Those guys need to be scoring too, but when Lisin isnt, its even more of a problem.