HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor-Dal-Pits

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2009, 09:39 PM
  #51
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 16,816
vCash: 500
Did something turn ugly in this thread? I had like two posts that were deleted...

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2009, 10:37 PM
  #52
piqued
Registered User
 
piqued's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Dallas
Country: United States
Posts: 32,013
vCash: 3722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
This has been proven false numerous times. Even if Brunnstrom could put up 30 goals with Sid or Geno, you can't factor that into his current value. Currently he's a mediocre NHL player.
By who? Which of the revolving door wingers that have played with Crosby and Malkin have had Brunnstrom's offensive skill and instincts?

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:04 AM
  #53
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 24,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
By who? Which of the revolving door wingers that have played with Crosby and Malkin have had Brunnstrom's offensive skill and instincts?
Satan and Sykora to name but two.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 11:49 AM
  #54
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
By who? Which of the revolving door wingers that have played with Crosby and Malkin have had Brunnstrom's offensive skill and instincts?
Those of us who have watched that rotating door occur because of this chemistry that you think automatically happens between Sid and anyone that the coach would put on his wing doesn't happen usually.

And this offensive skill and instincts you say Brunnstrom has sees him have 18 goals in 72 NHL games.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 04:11 PM
  #55
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Those of us who have watched that rotating door occur because of this chemistry that you think automatically happens between Sid and anyone that the coach would put on his wing doesn't happen usually.

And this offensive skill and instincts you say Brunnstrom has sees him have 18 goals in 72 NHL games.
That's 18 goals in 72 games as a 4th liner. (He's averaged 11:37 min. per game so far in his career)

If he can rack up close to 20 goals in 82 games playing on the 4th line, I'd say his offensive instincts are pretty good.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:11 PM
  #56
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
That's 18 goals in 72 games as a 4th liner. (He's averaged 11:37 min. per game so far in his career)

If he can rack up close to 20 goals in 82 games playing on the 4th line, I'd say his offensive instincts are pretty good.
Then why is he on the 4th line getting 11 minutes of ice time a game? If he was a standout player, the coaching staff obviously wouldn't be keeping him in that position if they valued winning at all. Something seemingly isn't right.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:33 PM
  #57
Joey McMoss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey McMoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 24,322
vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Sweet. Maybe next we can trade Kunitz for Marc-Antoine Pouliot and Letang for Dany Roussin..
Please?...

Joey McMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:35 PM
  #58
haf
Registered User
 
haf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
This has been proven false numerous times. Even if Brunnstrom could put up 30 goals with Sid or Geno, you can't factor that into his current value. Currently he's a mediocre NHL player.
I agree. He IS mediocre overall.

But the equation that yields his mediocrity goes like this ... Ridiculous offensive skills - weak along the boards, defensive liability = mediocre (do I really want to risk putting him out against the other teams 2nd line) forward.

He scored 17 goals in 55 games last year with barely any ice time. He really has world class hands and a fantastic wrist shot. Just a really stellar offensive player. Its everything else about his game that is in question.

haf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:41 PM
  #59
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 24,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haf View Post
I agree. He IS mediocre overall.

But the equation that yields his mediocrity goes like this ... Ridiculous offensive skills - weak along the boards, defensive liability = mediocre (do I really want to risk putting him out against the other teams 2nd line) forward.

He scored 17 goals in 55 games last year with barely any ice time. He really has world class hands and a fantastic wrist shot. Just a really stellar offensive player. Its everything else about his game that is in question.
he did put up 4 of those goals on the PP, you're standard 4th liner doesn't get much PP time.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:43 PM
  #60
Hero
Buffy is Back
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,270
vCash: 500
What fan are you?

Guys you've screw'd every team.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
  #61
Art Vanddelay
 
Art Vanddelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Redondo Beach CA
Country: United States
Posts: 264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Aces View Post
That's 18 goals in 72 games as a 4th liner. (He's averaged 11:37 min. per game so far in his career)

If he can rack up close to 20 goals in 82 games playing on the 4th line, I'd say his offensive instincts are pretty good.
Spoken like a true used car salseman


You got a "Family Truckster" you want to sell me?


Last edited by Art Vanddelay: 11-20-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: mistake
Art Vanddelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 06:31 PM
  #62
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 39,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haf View Post
I agree. He IS mediocre overall.

But the equation that yields his mediocrity goes like this ... Ridiculous offensive skills - weak along the boards, defensive liability = mediocre (do I really want to risk putting him out against the other teams 2nd line) forward.

He scored 17 goals in 55 games last year with barely any ice time. He really has world class hands and a fantastic wrist shot. Just a really stellar offensive player. Its everything else about his game that is in question.
Well my question still hasn't been answered. If he has world class offensive instincts, hands and wrist shot, why is he on the 4th line?

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 07:26 PM
  #63
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn
 
eartotheground's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stockholm South
Country: United States
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
Well my question still hasn't been answered. If he has world class offensive instincts, hands and wrist shot, why is he on the 4th line?
1. Brenden Morrow
2. Loui Erikson
3. James Neal
4. Jere Lehtinen
5. Dave Tippet (pushed him down from 3rd to 4th in a defense first system)

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 07:38 PM
  #64
Hearts Alive
 
Hearts Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin2799 View Post
Toronto.

Jordan Staal

Pits
Bruunstrum *sp not sure*
Kulemin

Dal
Ian White

Discuss.
Minor balancing picks were not included, just main pieces.
interesting, but for the 32346789865421 time shero WON'T be trading staal any time soon, infact IMO he would trade : letang/goligoski/kennedy before staal in a deal involving young guys and kuntitz/orpik/dupuis if we need to open up cap space in june ( which we dont need to) so STAAL WILL NOT BE TRADED!!!!

Hearts Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:38 AM
  #65
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 16,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
he did put up 4 of those goals on the PP, you're standard 4th liner doesn't get much PP time.
I think you answered your own question. He isn't your standard 4th line player. He is the 4th line player who isn't good enough defensively to warrant a top-six role on the Stars but whose offensive skills allow him to play a regular shift in the NHL. Young guys are routinely brought up from the minors to fill in on the bottom lines, and oftentimes they are given modest power play time. What is so hard to understand about this concept? Also, since when did being productive on the PP become such a negative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyicus Canticus View Post
Spoken like a true used car salseman
Anybody who watches the Stars on a regular basis will back up the fact that he has gotten 4th line minutes. I'm not sure what else you would call 11'ish minutes per game.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 01:53 AM
  #66
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 14,616
vCash: 500
All 3 forwards involved with the deal are still developing, especially offensively. I don't see why the Pens would do this. Jordan Staal just brings more to the table on the pk and defensively than the other 2, so the deal really wouldn't help their team much, imo.

Jordan Staal will not be traded anytime soon, imo. A more realistic deal could be with just Toronto and Dallas...

Toronto
Brunnstrom

Dallas
Ian White

or

Toronto
Brunnstrom

Dallas
Kulemin

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 07:48 AM
  #67
wej20
Registered User
 
wej20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Swansea,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 24,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I think you answered your own question. He isn't your standard 4th line player. He is the 4th line player who isn't good enough defensively to warrant a top-six role on the Stars but whose offensive skills allow him to play a regular shift in the NHL. Young guys are routinely brought up from the minors to fill in on the bottom lines, and oftentimes they are given modest power play time. What is so hard to understand about this concept? Also, since when did being productive on the PP become such a negative?



Anybody who watches the Stars on a regular basis will back up the fact that he has gotten 4th line minutes. I'm not sure what else you would call 11'ish minutes per game.
it's not negative that he put up goals on the PP but saying he put up 17 goals on the 4 th line is misleading when he put 4 up on the PP.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 03:18 PM
  #68
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 16,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
it's not negative that he put up goals on the PP but saying he put up 17 goals on the 4 th line is misleading when he put 4 up on the PP.
In 2008-09 Brunnstrom was 17th on the team in PP TOI/GM at 1:53. It's not like he was getting a ton of time out there.

In contrast, Jordan Staal averaged 2:19 and scored 2 PP goals. His total for the season was 190 minutes. Brunnstrom's total was 104 minutes.

Don't misunderstand me, I am in no way trying to say that Brunnstrom is or is going to be a better player than Staal. However, it is hard to knock Brunnstrom's level of production with the extra man on a team lacking the offensive weapons with whom he would play with on the Penguins PP. If you really want to split hairs, Brunnstrom averaged 9:42 even strength minutes, and still managed to scored 13 ES goals in only 55 games. However you look at it, he was offensively productive in his first year in the league.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 04:14 PM
  #69
kmillzy5
Registered User
 
kmillzy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: hmmm
Country: United States
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Sweet. Maybe next we can trade Kunitz for Marc-Antoine Pouliot and Letang for Dany Roussin..
and boom goes the dynamite!

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
  #70
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan
 
ck26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Coyotes Bandwagon
Country: United States
Posts: 8,641
vCash: 50
How quickly people give up on Brunnstrom. I don't understand why Dallas would trade for another 4/5 type defenseman when they already have like 7 of them on the roster. Terrible proposal ... doesn't make sense for Dallas or Pittsburgh.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.