HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Babchuk dominating the KHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-23-2009, 08:19 AM
  #1
impeach estaalo
timgleson
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,648
vCash: 50
Babchuk dominating the KHL



5 goals, 12 points and +10 rating in 20 games. Fits in nicely with his +13 rating last season in the NHL and his +18 rating the season prior in Russia.

Oh, and 2 PIM taken so far. All for $1.5M.

Compare that to Aaron Ward with his 3 points, -11 rating and 20 PIM. But he throws BIG HITS!!!!1 and "provides leadership", so he's awesome, right?

I'm so glad we got eleven years older, worse, more expensive, and lost a draft pick all at the same time. Great job, JR.


Last edited by impeach estaalo: 11-23-2009 at 08:31 AM.
impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 08:56 AM
  #2
dmonk
doughberle
 
dmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: Azerbaijan
Posts: 7,968
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Babchuk was +11 after 19 games; that means he was -1 his last game; that means he sucks.

Also, KHL is worse than ECHL. Aaron Word would be an all star MVP there.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:01 AM
  #3
UnPLEASED Anton
Registered User
 
UnPLEASED Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cary, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
I miss the Anton Bomb

However, given the crappy start to the season, it doesn't seem all that much of a pipe dream for him to be back next year.

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:06 AM
  #4
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 19,957
vCash: 500
Wait until the playoffs come... Babchuk will be scared that he might hurt his vagina if he takes/gives a hit.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:41 AM
  #5
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,377
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
Wait until the playoffs come... Babchuk will be scared that he might hurt his vagina if he takes/gives a hit.
Speaking of vaginas, Babchuks agent called and Anton is claiming he'd like his back. They're saying it was left on the ice in the process of being danced around and defining the term "useless" in one of 3 cities - NJ, Boston, or Pittsburgh.


On a serious note, i'm glad and happy to see Anton doing well.

Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:53 AM
  #6
geehaad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
Wait until the playoffs come... Babchuk will be scared that he might hurt his vagina if he takes/gives a hit.
Wouldn't that require that they hit in the KHL?

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:18 AM
  #7
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
Wait until the playoffs come... Babchuk will be scared that he might hurt his vagina if he takes/gives a hit.
Better than the fear of Ward breaking his hip every time he takes/gives a hit.

Maybe he should go back to yelling at kids in the vicinity of his lawn.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:27 AM
  #8
canesnecu
 
canesnecu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Better than the fear of Ward breaking his hip every time he takes/gives a hit.

Maybe he should go back to yelling at kids in the vicinity of his lawn.
At least the guy isnt afraid to throw a hit and real nice job taking a personal character shot at a player when your argument has no basis. Were you the little kid kicked off his lawn for burning candles there standing vigil for Anton's lost vagina?

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:30 AM
  #9
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesnecu View Post
At least the guy isnt afraid to throw a hit and real nice job taking a personal character shot at a player when your argument has no basis. Were you the little kid kicked off his lawn for burning candles there standing vigil for Anton's lost vagina?
An eye for an eye. A character shot at Babs leads to a character shot at Ward.

The difference being, there's no evidence that Babs has a vagina. It's quite obvious that Ward's on the older side when it comes to hockey.

If you prefer, I could take a shot at your Swedish buddy.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:32 AM
  #10
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 19,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
Wouldn't that require that they hit in the KHL?
True. They play on bigger ice which is much more conducive for Babchuk's game than the NHL. I don't think he's that bad though. The only reason I miss Babchuk is because of his shot from the point. Other than that he's pretty average and very inconsistent.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
  #11
canesnecu
 
canesnecu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
An eye for an eye. A character shot at Babs leads to a character shot at Ward.

The difference being, there's no evidence that Babs has a vagina. It's quite obvious that Ward's on the older side when it comes to hockey.

If you prefer, I could take a shot at your Swedish buddy.
My buddy has taken a beating here for 3 years now, it wont change until he either morphs into a Proger-Lidstrom clone or he leaves for good. Wouldnt you rather just take a shot at me?

Nice backpeddle on Ward's personal character assault. Since when is a vagina character trait, last I checked it was an anatomical part and based on above comments, there seems to plenty of evidence about Bab's missing vagina.

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:41 AM
  #12
canesnecu
 
canesnecu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
True. They play on bigger ice which is much more conducive for Babchuk's game than the NHL. I don't think he's that bad though. The only reason I miss Babchuk is because of his shot from the point. Other than that he's pretty average and very inconsistent.
Not only that, he's proven himself to be a head case that needed constant pumping up and attention from Rowe all last season for his confidence. Can you even imagine that head case adding to the existing confidence issues here already. No way could he get all that extra coddling and attention from the coaches when theyre all worried bout their own a$$e$.

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
  #13
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!
 
Sasha Cares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Island of Misfit Toy
Posts: 9,474
vCash: 500
Babs attitude is probably the last thing we need here right now

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:53 AM
  #14
Anton Antoff
Registered User
 
Anton Antoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ILM
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Good riddance Anton

Anton Antoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:53 AM
  #15
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high
 
Blueline Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,054
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesnecu View Post
My buddy has taken a beating here for 3 years now, it wont change until he either morphs into a Proger-Lidstrom clone or he leaves for good. Wouldnt you rather just take a shot at me?

Nice backpeddle on Ward's personal character assault. Since when is a vagina character trait, last I checked it was an anatomical part and based on above comments, there seems to plenty of evidence about Bab's missing vagina.
And Babs has been taking a beating the entire offseason. Talks about how JR knew what he was doing, how Babs wasn't a big part of the team anyway, etc.

Then the season starts, our PP is in the toilet, JR's "great" offseason moves are right there beside it, and we're in the running for a top 3 pick.

I'm not saying Babchuk would change that (as I mentioned in the other topic), just that he couldn't be worse than some of the defensemen we have employed now. We can talk about "physical play" all we want, but the fact of the matter is, the last two times we've been to the ECF, it hasn't been on "physical play".

And again, you can call it a personal character assault, I'm calling it a fact. Ward is old. He, like Brindamour, are playing like their age right now. Ward's play was masked last year by playing with a Norris-winner, which somehow eluded JR.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:24 AM
  #16
canesnecu
 
canesnecu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post

And again, you can call it a personal character assault, I'm calling it a fact. Ward is old. He, like Brindamour, are playing like their age right now. Ward's play was masked last year by playing with a Norris-winner, which somehow eluded JR.
You said this:
Quote:
Originally posted by Blueline Bomber
Maybe he should go back to yelling at kids in the vicinity of his lawn.
Im pretty opinionated but keep my criticisms to how a player plays the game, not to what he does in his personal life(Im assuming your his neighbor to know this first hand info?). Using a personal attack because your backed into a corner with your own defensive opinions is pretty vaginaless, to use the word of the day here. You think his play sucks like most think Bab's play sucks, not a problem cuz we all have opinions but some things should be off limits unless you can produce some hard evidence to prove the guy is a bad person and should be outed on a fan message board.

Speaking of opinions, it could be a lot worse with Babs in this current line up. The GA is beyond ridiculous with defensemen that actually hit and make attempts to defend in their own zone, I cant imagine what that number would look like with an other defenseman that cant wont defend at all.

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:35 AM
  #17
geehaad
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesnecu View Post
Im pretty opinionated but keep my criticisms to how a player plays the game, not to what he does in his personal life(Im assuming your his neighbor to know this first hand info?). Using a personal attack because your backed into a corner with your own defensive opinions is pretty vaginaless, to use the word of the day here. You think his play sucks like most think Bab's play sucks, not a problem cuz we all have opinions but some things should be off limits unless you can produce some hard evidence to prove the guy is a bad person and should be outed on a fan message board.
Lighten up, Francis...the lawn reference is just an old man stereotype.

He's not saying that Aaron literally yells at kids.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:47 AM
  #18
UnPLEASED Anton
Registered User
 
UnPLEASED Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cary, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Babs D-game was coming around as the regular season went on. I really don't think that he was that much of a liability out there, no more than at least 2 of the guys on our current roster anyway.

I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat. Would you rather have a 'character guy' who sucks the big one on the ice, or a guy who will probably put up 40 points from the blue line while not being as bad of a defensive liability as the 'character guy'.

I want the guy that is going to help me win games. Anton Babchuk does that better

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:03 PM
  #19
caniac247
Registered User
 
caniac247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh
Country: United States
Posts: 4,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post


5 goals, 12 points and +10 rating in 20 games. Fits in nicely with his +13 rating last season in the NHL and his +18 rating the season prior in Russia.

Oh, and 2 PIM taken so far. All for $1.5M.

Compare that to Aaron Ward with his 3 points, -11 rating and 20 PIM. But he throws BIG HITS!!!!1 and "provides leadership", so he's awesome, right?

I'm so glad we got eleven years older, worse, more expensive, and lost a draft pick all at the same time. Great job, JR.
Are we seriously comparing Babchuk and AWard, two completly different players. AWard was brought in to play DEFENSE something Babchuk has no concept off. He was brought in b/c JR along with more than half the people on this board, thought he would be a good compliment to Joni Pitkanen.

Grant it, AWard isn't working out like everyone thought he would. But you can't seriously compare the two.

And let's be honest, do ya really think Babchuk would be playing well on this team. Think about his low confidence and that 14 game losing streak. Yeah, Babchuk would have been great.

caniac247 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:04 PM
  #20
canesnecu
 
canesnecu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
Lighten up, Francis...the lawn reference is just an old man stereotype.

He's not saying that Aaron literally yells at kids.
In that case, I have no problem saying i missed that one completely.

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:18 PM
  #21
bleedgreen
Moderator
 
bleedgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 10,650
vCash: 500
defensively, babs was amongst the worst we've ever had. i would take malik over babs in his own end. he has no leg strength, was frequently knocked off the puck by far smaller and lighter players, couldnt catch up to plays out of the corner, and had no physical edge to him in the corners or in front of the net. he could easily be beaten wide.

even as an offensive guy he wasnt fast, he had limited mobility when holding the puck at the point, and it took him years to find the net - but i will give the point he has learned to find that. he was embarrassingly exposed in the playoffs is a weak point in the pp - his only plus going in.

to me he doesnt even qualify as an offensive d-man, since to me that job requires skating.

all he has is a bomb of a shot. if you think that is enough in this league im glad youre not gm of this team. i only wish he was here because i think he would help maintain the slide and help jr not think this is a legit playoff team. babs "dominating" (based off stats? they arent THAT good, have you seen him play?) the khl, especially in the plus/minus category to me says volumes about the quality of the khl and not the quality of babs since his weakness is defensive play.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
  #22
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Krasnoyarsk
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 19,957
vCash: 500
Bleedgreen pretty much nails it, although I don't think Babchuk was the worst we ever had, nor do I think Malik was either. Turnoverdovsky probably holds the title for worst in his own end.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:41 PM
  #23
canesnecu
 
canesnecu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,183
vCash: 500
you know what I dont get, why do certain players get so much hate here, and certain players get so much love. Does Babs get the adoration from 2 people here because they think he was wronged and misunderstood or do they actually think he's underrated allstar in the making that just hasnt peaked yet? Serious question, what exactly has Babs proved here to earn this undying love and admiration?

Wallin and Ward may not be top flight defensemen but they both came through when the chips were down. Both play through injury, both talk about loyalty for the area team and fans and both are taking an absolute beating in whats probably the twighlight of their NHL careers. So much hate.

What has Babs done besides the 16 goals last regular season? Has he declared any admiration for the franchise who gave him a chance when Chicago gave up on him? How about the fans team mates and coaches that gave him a second chance and cheered him on? I dont think I ever heard the guy say he even liked Raleigh.


Last edited by canesnecu: 11-23-2009 at 12:49 PM.
canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:14 PM
  #24
Sens1Canes2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,773
vCash: 500
The truth is this...Babchuk was removed and Kaberle inserted into the lineup during the playoffs last year. On a team that was playing well.

As much as I love his shot (and fear it when the Canes play the Sens), you have to have more than that to play at the NHL level. You can't hide your deficiencies when you play defense. Simple as that.

I hope that his stint in the KHL improves his game, and he comes back to the NHL a better player.

Sens1Canes2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
  #25
Vagrant
The Czech Condor
 
Vagrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,036
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
Bleedgreen pretty much nails it, although I don't think Babchuk was the worst we ever had, nor do I think Malik was either. Turnoverdovsky probably holds the title for worst in his own end.
There will never, ever, be another defenseman that was as bad in his own zone as Sandis Ozolinsh was his first season here before he discovered he didn't have Adam Foote playing defense for two on his pairing. He scored 44 points but still managed by the grace of suck to be a -25 for us. Inexplicable.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.