HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van Chi

Old
11-22-2009, 12:07 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
as a Canuck fan, I'd do this trade.

I'd love to see a player like Ladd added to this team. Ladd is a versatile player... he brings size and some sandpaper to the lineup. He also still have untapped potential IMO, and will become a better offensive player in his career.

My only concern is what type of numbers we're looking at on his next contract... he will likely get around $3mill/yr I'm guessing, given his upside and overall package... much more than that and he becomes too expensive for the Canucks.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:09 PM
huetforveznia*

Why would the Hawk's trade for an unproven commodity when Huet has been one of the best goalies in the league after a slow start which could have been contributed to him being sick?

Why get rid of a proven player in Ladd?

I like the Hawk's depth and Huet has been stellar with better number's than Luongo, sorry. Pass like Adam Oates.

huetforveznia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:33 PM
keslehr*

We don't need another winger. Maybe Vancouver can try and get Madden? That would solve our 3rd line center problem.

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:38 PM
canucks1982

goalie prospects don't have much trade value in the nhl at all and heck even you're no tier goalie in the nhl. you don't have much value either

if you could get ladd for schneider. you take that deal and run. I probably won't add a 2nd but I will add 3rd for sure. when was the last time a goalie got traded for descent young 2nd/3rd line player with upside. probably never

canucks1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:42 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkteen View Post
We don't need another winger. Maybe Vancouver can try and get Madden? That would solve our 3rd line center problem.
Without looking at your center situation, I can basically guarantee ours is about 350% worse.

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
That was me. I said he wouldn't have as much value. Hence why I think the Canucks' offer at that time would be just Schneider.

Are we even disagreeing with each other?
I guess not but since this is HF it just sorta seems that way

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 12:55 PM
keslehr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
Without looking at your center situation, I can basically guarantee ours is about 350% worse.
Our 3rd line center has two assists in 18 games.

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkteen View Post
Our 3rd line center has two assists in 18 games.
Yeah,,,,,,,, Wellwood really has fallen apart this year

Any good explanation?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 01:32 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yeah,,,,,,,, Wellwood really has fallen apart this year

Any good explanation?
great hockey sense and vision on the ice, in the body of a jockey, not a hockey player. He's 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing (to quote a movie line), and doesn't have the physical attributes to succeed in the NHL - IMO.

He has terrific hockey sense, and could probably be the best player in a virtual hockey game, but on the ice, he's slow, weak and small. That's just not a good recipe for success in the NHL. When players figure out how to contain his vision - by not giving him nor his linemates much room - he doesn't have the physical attributes to create them himself, out of speed or from his size.

How many slow weak players make it in the NHL, regardless of how great their hands are? Is there another player like Wellwood out there - someone who doesn't have the skating to compensate for their lack of size, or vice versa?

Old
11-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Spamhuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
great hockey sense and vision on the ice, in the body of a jockey, not a hockey player. He's 5 foot nothing, 100 and nothing (to quote a movie line), and doesn't have the physical attributes to succeed in the NHL - IMO.

He has terrific hockey sense, and could probably be the best player in a virtual hockey game, but on the ice, he's slow, weak and small. That's just not a good recipe for success in the NHL. When players figure out how to contain his vision - by not giving him nor his linemates much room - he doesn't have the physical attributes to create them himself, out of speed or from his size.

How many slow weak players make it in the NHL, regardless of how great their hands are? Is there another player like Wellwood out there - someone who doesn't have the skating to compensate for their lack of size, or vice versa?
Taylor Pyatt

Spamhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:22 AM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

no thanks we can do better chicago can offer us better and chicago can offer better to other teams here are my proposals

to anaheim

versteeg
huet
barker

to hawks

Patrick Sharp
bobby ryan
Dustin Byfuglien
hiller

to atlanta

sharp
dustin byfuglien
ladd
first round pick
huet

to hawks

Bryan Little
Ondrej Pavelec
Maxim Afinogenov

to boston

Brian Campbell
versteeg
bolland

to hawks

Daniel Paille
blake wheeler
sharp

to avs

versteeg
huet
campbell
sharp

to hawks

Milan Hejduk
peter budaj
John-Michael Liles

to blue jackets

versteeg
sharp
campbell

to hawks

rj umberger
commedore
Jason Chimera

to stars

versteeg
sharp
campbell

to hawks

Karlis Skrastins
Fabian Brunnstrom

to red wings

versteeg
campbell
huet

to hawks

bertuzzi
osgood
Andreas Lilja

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:29 AM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Done. Where do I sign?

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:56 AM
rebel diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post
no thanks we can do better chicago can offer us better and chicago can offer better to other teams here are my proposals

to anaheim

versteeg
huet
barker

to hawks

Patrick Sharp
bobby ryan
Dustin Byfuglien
hiller

to atlanta

sharp
dustin byfuglien
ladd
first round pick
huet

to hawks

Bryan Little
Ondrej Pavelec
Maxim Afinogenov

to boston

Brian Campbell
versteeg
bolland

to hawks

Daniel Paille
blake wheeler
sharp

to avs

versteeg
huet
campbell
sharp

to hawks

Milan Hejduk
peter budaj
John-Michael Liles

to blue jackets

versteeg
sharp
campbell

to hawks

rj umberger
commedore
Jason Chimera

to stars

versteeg
sharp
campbell

to hawks

Karlis Skrastins
Fabian Brunnstrom

to red wings

versteeg
campbell
huet

to hawks

bertuzzi
osgood
Andreas Lilja
Are you the guy who responded as the first post to his own thread to agree with himself, or am I imagining that?

EDIT: And putting aside the ridiculousness of every trade, in 2 cases you have Sharp being traded to the Hawks.

rebel diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:32 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsrules View Post
you should just quit making trade proposals... you don't seem to understand there's a thing called a salary cap out there... you also don't take team needs into account when proposing your multitude of trades! And on top of that, when you have a player being traded to their own team, you just come across as completely ignorant about this game altogether.

and if you're just too stubborn to realize this, then maybe you'd be better off just trying to concentrate on one trade at a time, and try and make some sense to it - provide some reasoning why the trade would make sense for both teams. Maybe then, eventually, you'll also learn something?

To start off with, I'd look at player cap hits and contracts before making trade offers... a word of advise - in today's NHL, cap hits and contracts have more impact on any trade that happens than actual talent in the trade. There are many sites that provide cap hits and contract info for players - get to know those sites, because if you're not referencing them in trades, then your trades will not make any sense.

Secondly, consider the other team. If you don't know what they need, which seems obvious with everyone of your proposals, ask fans of said teams what type of assets they are looking for.

by making the ridiculous amount of proposals like this with no reasoning at all, and not putting any thought into any one of them, you don't come across as a guy who knows his hockey at all... in fact - it's the opposite... and as such, you just can't take your proposals seriously... concentrate on one proposal, provide some logic why it makes sense for both teams, and people will take your opinions a lot more seriously.

Old
11-23-2009, 10:06 AM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
Quote:
to anaheim

versteeg
huet
barker

to hawks

Patrick Sharp
bobby ryan
Dustin Byfuglien
hiller
If this isn't the best trade proposal I've seen all week...

theaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:59 AM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
If this isn't the best trade proposal I've seen all week...
oh sorry i got mixed up here is my other proposal

to anaheim

sharp
versteeg

to

to hawks

ryan
whitney
selanne

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Pacem

Unproven NHL prospect goalies rarely get any value in a trade. Winning AHL goalie of the year is not proven. Look over the list of AHL goalie of the year winners, its far from impressive.

The Canucks are better off keeping Scheider and having him come in as a back up for a couple years. You will never get back what you've invested in him. Drafting a goalie in the first round does not always work out for the best.

The Canucks do not need another winger. I think Chicago's goalie problem has been resolved and they will not be looking for a solution, unless something comes up at the deadline. If Chicago wants to fix their goaltending problem it will be for a goaltender with experience, not one that is unproven. Also, Chicago has Niemi who is not that much older than Schneider and he has looked better at the NHL level.

IMO, a trade like that just doesn't work for either side.

Pacem is offline   Reply With Quote