HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#20: Flyers at Coyotes - November 21, 2009 - 8:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Opus

vCash: 50
Would anybody be so kind in giving me the Coles notes on the game, as I missed this one.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:20 AM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Would anybody be so kind in giving me the Coles notes on the game, as I missed this one.
PP sucked, Carter/Richards werent good, Betts got hurt, We got screwed on an offsides that led to a goal, and got screwed with the emptynet

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:22 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
PP sucked, Carter/Richards werent good, Betts got hurt, We got screwed on an offsides that led to a goal, and got screwed with the emptynet
Good recap.

Pronger also flubbed more passes/clears than I've seen.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Opus

Quote:
Very nice, sounds like I didn't miss much then. How did Betts get hurt, reaching to catch a puck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Pronger also flubbed more passes/clears than I've seen.
I barely saw the Sharks game as well, that's 2 piss-poor games in row for Pronger...no?

Old
11-22-2009, 09:33 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
yeah apparently he hurt the same shoulder again

and Pronger was fine in the Sharks game, except he kept losing an edge. everyone was falling over, ice must have been awful

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Opus

Quote:
yeah apparently he hurt the same shoulder again
Oh, that's wonderful.

...just ****in' wonderful!

Quote:
and Pronger was fine in the Sharks game, except he kept losing an edge. everyone was falling over, ice must have been awful
We were Jones'd?

Old
11-22-2009, 10:32 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
BU got absolutely ****ed over by the refs tonight too, to the point of one of our players getting tackled when he was trying to clear on the PK which led to the go-ahead goal for UNH.

Nice to see the Flyers got the same treatment.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

It's funny, but everytime the Coyotes beat a team, the other teams fans cry about this being their teams worst game of the year....at what point do the Coyotes get any credit? Maybe it's better this way and the Yotes will continue to rack up points due to their opponents worst games....

also, it was nice to see them make the right call on the non-offsides....Pronger agrees:

Quote:
“Well, it’s close,” Flyers defenseman Chris Pronger said. “One guy waves it off, one guy was going to call it. The one guy that was closer waved it off, that’s the way it’s got to be.”
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...online-CR.html

Hopefully the Flyers can rebound and help the Coyotes out tonight and beat the Avs....another team you shouldn't understimate.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-23-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
It's funny, but everytime the Coyotes beat a team, the other teams fans cry about this being their teams worst game of the year....at what point do the Coyotes get any credit? Maybe it's better this way and the Yotes will continue to rack up points due to their opponents worst games....:sarcasm:

also, it was nice to see them make the right call on the non-offsides....Pronger agrees:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/coyo...online-CR.html

Hopefully the Flyers can rebound and help the Coyotes out tonight and beat the Avs....another team you shouldn't understimate.
Thank you. I can't believe the lack of respect shown for some teams by Flyer fans sometimes. The Coyotes are a talented young team starting to come of age, which has great goaltending and a solid D too.

The Flyers were a tired 3 line team after Betts went down early. (Cote and Laliberte hardly played). The Coyotes hustled. Still, we were only a PPG late in the second, at a time we dominated for along stretch and earned two PPs, from winning.

On Sat. night, IIRC, the Caps lost to the Leafs and the Rangers, and Devils lost too.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
It's funny, but everytime the Coyotes beat a team, the other teams fans cry about this being their teams worst game of the year....at what point do the Coyotes get any credit?
Maybe when they aren't a lottery team for a few seasons in a row and maybe when they actually get some fans and turn a profit. Or, most likely, when they are moved to Canada and get some real fans.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:37 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Maybe when they aren't a lottery team for a few seasons in a row and maybe when they actually get some fans and turn a profit. Or, most likely, when they are moved to Canada and get some real fans.
Are you saying Chuck and Frank aren't true fans?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:45 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Are you saying Chuck and Frank aren't true fans?
I might be wrong but I dont think imaginary friends count as part of the attendence.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:53 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I might be wrong but I dont think imaginary friends count as part of the attendence.
I was actually going for the "They have so little fans you actually know their names" approach, but sure, that works. Carry on.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Quote:
It's funny, but everytime the Coyotes beat a team, the other teams fans cry about this being their teams worst game of the year....at what point do the Coyotes get any credit? Maybe it's better this way and the Yotes will continue to rack up points due to their opponents worst games....
Yep, I've been in attendance to watch the Coyotes beat highly respected teams such as the Red Wings, Blackhawks and Flyers this year and all games were more or less the same. Every visiting team looks flat and unmotivated. The Coyotes do a good job of playing mercilessly boring hockey and great team defense. They take the fun out of the game for other teams and really slow down the pace of the game. Its furstrating to watch but it's very effective. Much like the Devils in the 90's. Bryzgalov is a good goalie and as a team they don't make many egregious errors. They lack scorers and talent on offense and they play in a tough division, so I have doubts that they'll make the playoffs, but they'll definitely be competitive all year.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Oysterhead View Post
Yep, I've been in attendance to watch the Coyotes beat highly respected teams such as the Red Wings, Blackhawks and Flyers this year and all games were more or less the same. Every visiting team looks flat and unmotivated. The Coyotes do a good job of playing mercilessly boring hockey and great team defense. They take the fun out of the game for other teams and really slow down the pace of the game. Its furstrating to watch but it's very effective. Much like the Devils in the 90's. Bryzgalov is a good goalie and as a team they don't make many egregious errors. They lack scorers and talent on offense and they play in a tough division, so I have doubts that they'll make the playoffs, but they'll definitely be competitive all year.
rock solid assessment. Hopefully Mueller can begin to find the back of the net, and by next year Turris, Boedker, Porter, etc can begin to fulfill the potential like Giroux and JVR have done. Then maybe they can open things up and bring some excitement to the ice as they win games.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote