HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#21: Flyers at Avalanche - November 23, 2009 - 9:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
In a sense, yes. I've missed roughly half of the games this year, or managed to catch about 5 minutes of many of them. Been too busy with work and other activities to watch many of the games. In fact, this week may be the first time all season I actually watch 3 games in a row. I know Parent is coming back from an injury so he gets the benefit of the doubt, but Bartulis seems to be nothing special, and yes he's new but I don't see him developing into anything past AHL player. So instead of jumping down my throat, help me out. But I know Carle-Pronger is playing well, Coburn's had a rough season compared to last year, and Timonen is Timonen.
You are the first person that I've seen claim Parent-Bartulis as a "brutal pairing". Myself and pretty much everyone else I've seen has had nothing but praise for them. Bartulis has been very good defensively and has shown the poise of a vet out there. All you need from a third pairing is the ability to eat up some minutes and not **** up. Parent-Bartulis brings that as both of them are very good defensively.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:18 PM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

New lines, per Timmy P:

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Pyorala-Lappy
JVR-Richards-Briere
Nodl-Ross-Laliberte

Good: No Cote
Bad: There are two players who are used to playing on the same line. Looks like Stevens is back to using a slot machine to come up with the lines. Not that a shakeup of sorts is an entirely bad idea. But I see a mistakes through not knowing your linemate's tendencies.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
In a sense, yes. I've missed roughly half of the games this year, or managed to catch about 5 minutes of many of them. Been too busy with work and other activities to watch many of the games. In fact, this week may be the first time all season I actually watch 3 games in a row. I know Parent is coming back from an injury so he gets the benefit of the doubt, but Bartulis seems to be nothing special, and yes he's new but I don't see him developing into anything past AHL player. So instead of jumping down my throat, help me out. But I know Carle-Pronger is playing well, Coburn's had a rough season compared to last year, and Timonen is Timonen.
Relax, man. Just busting your balls.

Anyway, Bartulis has an even +/- with 1 assist and only 1 penalty in 6 games. He's even managed 3 shots on goal. Those are the stats that you want to see in your 3rd pairing.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
New lines, per Timmy P:

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Pyorala-Lappy
JVR-Richards-Briere
Nodl-Ross-Laliberte

Bad: There are two players who are used to playing on the same line. Looks like Stevens is back to using a slot machine to come up with the lines. Not that a shakeup of sorts is an entirely bad idea. But I see a mistakes through not knowing your linemate's tendencies.
All things being equal, it wouldn't be my first choice but JVR-Richards-Briere might be beertastic.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:26 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
New lines, per Timmy P:

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Pyorala-Lappy
JVR-Richards-Briere
Nodl-Ross-Laliberte

Pyro between Carcillo and Lappy is a good call; Pyro may not be as strong as Betts as their centre, but he has shown a knack for defensively responsible hockey, which is Betts' best characteristic.

Hartnell & Carter have had success and I've always wanted to see Giroux on Carter's wing even though many have argued against the idea. I'm pretty excited to see what this trio can do.

Briere and Richards have had success together, as well; I think JVR can contribute on any scoring line, so this line could be awesome.

4th line: meh. For the next month, we'll probably end up seeing a heavy dose of the top three lines and not so much of the 4th line. I'm okay with that in the short term.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
New lines, per Timmy P:

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Pyorala-Lappy
JVR-Richards-Briere
Nodl-Ross-Laliberte

What Valhoun said. That Richards line has the potential to be awesome. Hartnell being paired with Carter again inspires confidence in me.

Pyorala should be a decent fit for Betts on that line aside from face-offs and penalty killing.

A shakeup was needed so I don't mind. The lines make sense anyways so it's not that big of a deal. What really worries me though is the all rookie line. Nodl sucks and I like Ross, but that line worries me.

Old
11-23-2009, 02:30 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Relax, man. Just busting your balls.

Anyway, Bartulis has an even +/- with 1 assist and only 1 penalty in 6 games. He's even managed 3 shots on goal. Those are the stats that you want to see in your 3rd pairing.
And at way less than Jones' salary.

Sorry, this is one hell of a LDAW (Long Day At Work). Usually not this uptight, but first day coming back from a vacation, I already want to go home.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:43 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
New lines, per Timmy P:

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Pyorala-Lappy
JVR-Richards-Briere
Nodl-Ross-Laliberte

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux - Girouxs nasty dangling skills wasted here really, Hartnell and Carter dont need a passer, they need a body, haha
JVR-Richards-Briere - beertastic as Valhoun says
Carcillo-Pyorala-Lappy - fun, chippy, good checking line
Maroon-Matsumoto-Laliberte - this would be kick ASS. **** Noodles and Ross

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
New lines, per Timmy P:

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Pyorala-Lappy
JVR-Richards-Briere
Nodl-Ross-Laliberte

I'm curious to see the 4th line. Laliberte from what I've seen is producing a bit, and I'd like to see Nodl and Ross coming out on all cylinders now that they're back in the NHL level.

Old
11-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
I'm curious to see the 4th line. Laliberte from what I've seen is producing a bit, and I'd like to see Nodl and Ross coming out on all cylinders now that they're back in the NHL level.
I expect Ross to come out on all cylinders and be kind of chippy.

I think Nodl sucks though. Last year with us and this year in the AHL.

Old
11-23-2009, 02:52 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange and black48 View Post
This is a team that we should be able to beat with little problem, then again that's what I said about the 'yotes. If they come out play hard and smart for atleast 45 minutes they'll take this one. Let's go flyers!!!
There, you said it again, but do you put any thought into it? Do you ever watch games in which the Flyers don't play?

Why, exactly, 'should' the Flyers be able to be the Avs 'with little problem' with 45 minutes of effort?? Please explain.

The Avs are 13-7-3, lead their division and are third in the West. They have been one of the surprise teams of the year. They have slumped a bit recently, which is all the more reason for the Flyers to be battle ready.

Please stop it with the ignorant assumptions that because you don't know anything about the other teams, that any group of guys in orange uniforms 'should' beat them just by showing up for 3/4 of the game. If the Flyers show the same lack of respect, they will get their butts handed to them.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:55 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I expect Ross to come out on all cylinders and be kind of chippy.

I think Nodl sucks though. Last year with us and this year in the AHL.
Even so, I think from what I've seen from Laliberte, I'm hoping some of that can rub off onto Nodl a bit. I think Laliberte will be sticking around for a while.

Old
11-23-2009, 02:56 PM
Larry44

Quote:
New lines, per Timmy P:

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Pyorala-Lappy
JVR-Richards-Briere
Nodl-Ross-Laliberte

Huh? A bit of an overreaction.

When Betts went down, Pyorala moved into that spot and played well with Carcillo and Lappy, setting both of them up for prime chances.

Nodl-Ross-Laliberte will get 5 minutes as 4th line, more if they do well or its a blow out either way. At least all the Phantoms are together, what's wrong with that - they know each other a bit.

With the top two lines, all he's done is switch Carter and Richards, giving Carter back his long time winger, Hartnell, and Richards back a guy, Briere, he's played with before.

JVR has been great with whoever he plays with.

Wow, what a shakeup?

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
There, you said it again, but do you put any thought into it? Do you ever watch games in which the Flyers don't play?

Why, exactly, 'should' the Flyers be able to be the Avs 'with little problem' with 45 minutes of effort?? Please explain.

The Avs are 13-7-3, lead their division and are third in the West. They have been one of the surprise teams of the year. They have slumped a bit recently, which is all the more reason for the Flyers to be battle ready.

Please stop it with the ignorant assumptions that because you don't know anything about the other teams, that any group of guys in orange uniforms 'should' beat them just by showing up for 3/4 of the game. If the Flyers show the same lack of respect, they will get their butts handed to them.
1. Not everyone has the time to watch every game, even for the Flyers.

2. Not everyone has the ability to easily watch any game (Center Ice).

As for O&B48, FYI, Aves are leading their division, and a fairly tough division at that. They're the real deal, the games that I've seen, Anderson has been nothing short of stellar in net.

Larry, btw, the whole "lack of respect" thing, O&B isn't on the Flyers, so he can lack all the respect he wants and it still will have zero effect on the game's outcome. Just saying.

Old
11-23-2009, 02:59 PM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Wow, what a shakeup?
When was the last time JVR played on a line with Richards?
Is it wise to **** around with JVR's linemates, seeing how well he's been doing?
When was the last time Giroux played on a line with Carter?

I didn't say it was all bad news - read what I said and get back to me. Or don't.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
1. Not everyone has the time to watch every game, even for the Flyers.

2. Not everyone has the ability to easily watch any game (Center Ice).

As for O&B48, FYI, Aves are leading their division, and a fairly tough division at that. They're the real deal, the games that I've seen, Anderson has been nothing short of stellar in net.

Larry, btw, the whole "lack of respect" thing, O&B isn't on the Flyers, so he can lack all the respect he wants and it still will have zero effect on the game's outcome. Just saying.
It's still pretty ignorant to say that we should just "roll over" the Avs and the Coyotes (both of whom are playing great so far) with just a 45 minute effort (as opposed to a 60 minute effort). You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think that.

Old
11-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
I'd rather have Hartnell-Giroux-Carter. I want to see Carter on the wing for 10+ games and see how he does.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
RoDu

Quote:
You were looking for a good use of that pic for a while, weren't you?
naw, it was one of the first pics that came up during a google search

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Great GDT as always, MSE.
I'm feeling a W tonight. The Avs have been playing good hockey this year.

Go Flyers!
I'm thinking Richards will have a good game tonight. He'll get a goal.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/ yahoo stream, you'll need a proxy if you're not in the US.

http://www.ndsportstalk.com/enter1.html sopcast needed. Also it requires internet explorer to watch. very good stream.

http://atdhe.net/9419/watch-philadel...rado-avalanche atdhe is stealing streams as usual, none of the streams are their own, but there's the link anyway.

Vikke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
New lines, per Timmy P:

Hartnell-Carter-Giroux
Carcillo-Pyorala-Lappy
JVR-Richards-Briere
Nodl-Ross-Laliberte

I actually like those lines.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
just win. snap out of the funk.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:41 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Huh? A bit of an overreaction.

When Betts went down, Pyorala moved into that spot and played well with Carcillo and Lappy, setting both of them up for prime chances.

Nodl-Ross-Laliberte will get 5 minutes as 4th line, more if they do well or its a blow out either way. At least all the Phantoms are together, what's wrong with that - they know each other a bit.

With the top two lines, all he's done is switch Carter and Richards, giving Carter back his long time winger, Hartnell, and Richards back a guy, Briere, he's played with before.

JVR has been great with whoever he plays with.

Wow, what a shakeup?
Umm you might wanna reread the lines. We havent seen this combination ever. Giroux has been great at center and they move him back to wing (Im guessing its more because Betts and Powe are hurt). 5 mins for a 4th line is terrible. They need to have around or near 8-10 mins each... which they wont get cause Stevens wont play them that much. This is unless you want to run out our top forwards. Plus those 3 dont pk so now we are going to use Richards and Carter more on the pk .

Its a pretty big shakeup since half these players are rookies and some havent played on the same line before. Richards played with Briere and JVR maybe a handful of times. Giroux has never played with Carter. Pyorala played a period centering Lappy and Carcillo. Its a big chance...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:42 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/ yahoo stream, you'll need a proxy if you're not in the US.

http://www.ndsportstalk.com/enter1.html sopcast needed. Also it requires internet explorer to watch. very good stream.

http://atdhe.net/9419/watch-philadel...rado-avalancheatdhe is stealing streams as usual, none of the streams are their own, but there's the link anyway.
Due to the copyrights, they do that so they dont get caught. They got into a problem with the NHL last year so they had to change their ways.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 03:57 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Lets not play like dog-**** tonight deal Flyers?

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote