HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Mission Curve replacements for Bauer

Old
11-23-2009, 02:52 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Mission Curve replacements for Bauer

I just switched from Lindros/Kane/P88 (Bauer) to Rafalski (Mission). I heard at my local pro shop that Mission is done, bought by Bauer. The only real difference between the P88 and Rafalski is the lie (P88 is 6, Ralaski is 5). Since switching, my shot power and accuracy has greatly improved, and have no intention of moving away. Anyone know if Bauer is going to come out with the Rafalski curve under the Bauer name, or are all Mission curves pretty much done. How is the Malkin curve in comparison?

Thanks in advance. I've been interested in the Malkin recently, if anyone uses it, opinions are always welcome.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 04:16 PM
NYRSinceBirth

Probably not retail. Mission was absorbed, not integrated, outside their roller stuff IIRC. Maybe there's a possibility in the custom Bauer option (MyBauer), but with one of the more popular curves like the P88, they won't bother with a retail Rafalski (I thought the Rafalski was comparable to the Backstrom/Sakic though?).

I used to play with the PM9, great curve if you like the flatter curves. I've been bitten by the rediculous illegal curves as of late, so I stopped using it. But backhand shots/passing is a breeze with the PM9.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 04:42 PM
CanadaBacon

You should still be able to get Mission stuff this season, MAYBE some select stuff next season (ie gloves, MAYBE a few OPS).

Helmets, pants, elbow/shinners and skates (besides the crap ass Pure's) are done though. Which kinda sucks i love the skates and the Intake.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:46 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Damn, that sucks. I don't want to go back to the P88 if I don't have to, I will probably keep looking for the Rafalski until they're gone then try the Malkin.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 06:29 AM
NYRSinceBirth

JL, ithe closest replacement from Bauer for the Rafalski is the P92 Backstrom/Naslund. I just double checked the curves for you, the P92 is a Mid/toe, open, 1/2" curve while the Rafalski is a mid, open, 1/2" curve. Sakic form Easton and Draper from Warrior will also be comparable. The PM9 Malkin is a heel, 3/8" (less, obv.) and slightly open; it's much straighter. The P88 is still a mid 1/2", but it's closed.

EDIT: The lie on the P92 is a 5.5, while the P88 is 5.5 and PM9 is a 5. Rafalski is a 5.5 also. Hopefully this helps too.

Last edited by NYRSinceBirth: 11-24-2009 at 11:06 AM.
NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote