HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I guess I'll be the first to say it...

Old
11-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Kyosuke

vCash: 500
I guess I'll be the first to say it...

Pouliot is going to become a top 6 1st or 2nd line player as he develops in Montreal!

This hypothesis might be far fetched, but look at Gaborik! I bet he did not only miss games only due to injury, he hated being under the Wild's system. He was still able to produce; however, we can clearly see that forwards do not like playing a shutdown/defensive system like theirs! Looking at Gaborik now, I seem kinda stupid not having chose him in my pool (because i thought he'd get injured long-term, it's still a possibility though)!

But as we all know when you wear the blue blanc and rouge.. you wear the sign of passion and heart and it allows players to tap into a power like none other!!

Look at Koivu, Kovalev, Higgings, Komi and others with a few other exceptions! It seems like they lost all the skills and prowess they had when being a hab!

So even if Pouliot doesn't show up now.. in time he'll surely become a top6 forward NHL caliber player!! This is what I hope and believe in!

BTW Jammalleri is still my Fav hab, don't get me wrong!!

Kyosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:30 AM
Zinger

Cool Story Bro!

Zinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke View Post
Jammalleri
really? again?

I hate you.

Jee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:00 AM
Kyosuke

JAMMMMMMMMMM

Old
11-24-2009, 03:26 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
JAMMMMMMMMMM
Compairing the Wild's system from when Lemaire was there to now is like comparing Corey Locke to Martin St. Louis.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:41 AM
Kyosuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Compairing the Wild's system from when Lemaire was there to now is like comparing Corey Locke to Martin St. Louis.
I'll be honest, I actually never liked the Corey Locke for Shawn Belle trade... I found that he was not even given the chance (only 1 NHL game) to prove himself to the organization before being shipped out.

But, it's the past now! And now... we have Jammalleri

Old
11-24-2009, 04:04 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
I'll be honest, I actually never liked the Corey Locke for Shawn Belle trade... I found that he was not even given the chance (only 1 NHL game) to prove himself to the organization before being shipped out.

But, it's the past now! And now... we have Jammalleri
If you look through the past few years, you'll realize I'm a huge Locke fan. At the same time, we were thin on defense. It's a same he's not around now though, he couldn't hurt our second PP unit (Metro, Patches, Lappy, Bergeron/Spacek/Hamrlik/Mara/Gorges).
Posted via Mobile Device

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:04 AM
Chrisd

I know you guys feel like you got a shiny new toy.

However reality is I've seen all of Pouliots career, he's simply not that good, he's got good speed but that's it. He doesn't put up points, he doesn't create many chances, he's very soft, and plays about 1 out of every 4 games.

He never put up great numbers in junior, and wasn't all that great on team canada WJC teams, when he was excpected to dominate.

Don't get too excited, I'm not excited about Guillame either.

It was 1 bad player for another. Fans tend to get excited about the unknown, or hyped has been prospects. But there is nothing here, don't be surprised if he's in the AHL soon.

Chrisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 06:33 AM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd View Post

However reality is I've seen all of Pouliots career, he's simply not that good, he's got good speed but that's it. He doesn't put up points, he doesn't create many chances, he's very soft, and plays about 1 out of every 4 games.

He never put up great numbers in junior, and wasn't all that great on team canada WJC teams, when he was excpected to dominate.

It was 1 bad player for another. Fans tend to get excited about the unknown, or hyped has been prospects. But there is nothing here, don't be surprised if he's in the AHL soon.
If you watched the Habs this year and actually knew something about Martin, you'd know that not only does Martin makes his player play hard game in and game out, but he knows Pouliot very well for having coached him in summer camps for a few years. He apparently had a big word to say in this trade.

Between two talents, I take the one with the biggest potential, thanks.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisd View Post

Just call him William, it'll less difficult this way.

Guillaume=William in English

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:14 AM
GoodKiwi

No less than 40 goals this season, you watch!

Habs fans!

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote