HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Official Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread- Trade Deadline Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

vCash: 500
Marek Zidlicky to the OTT

I was just thinking about what kind of defensemen we could use and I though Zidlicky could be a solid pickup, much better then any of these rumours about Cam Barker.. he's a right-handed shot and could be the perfect fit alongside Kuba on the second pairing.

What do you think would be fair value (if we have anything that could be offered) for Zidlicky who's set to become a UFA at the end of the season and making 3.5Mil a season..

Old
11-24-2009, 09:21 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuba View Post
I was just thinking about what kind of defensemen we could use and I though Zidlicky could be a solid pickup, much better then any of these rumours about Cam Barker.. he's a right-handed shot and could be the perfect fit alongside Kuba on the second pairing.

What do you think would be fair value (if we have anything that could be offered) for Zidlicky who's set to become a UFA at the end of the season and making 3.5Mil a season..

By "just thinking" do you mean regurgitating Trent's thoughts and ideas in a new thread?

This reminds me of Swiftwin's very unique and original idea that Fisher would start producing with Kovalev on his wing.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Alfredsson

After last night's performance, I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

We need that cap space for Volchie next year anyways. The only guy I really want off the team is Picard, but lately he has impressed me offensively.

I don't think I'd do Barker at $3M either.

Don't mess with success!!

Old
11-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

shannon + Picard/Lee?

Old
11-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensfan83 View Post
By "just thinking" do you mean regurgitating Trent's thoughts and ideas in a new thread?

This reminds me of Swiftwin's very unique and original idea that Fisher would start producing with Kovalev on his wing.
Im not regurgitating anything.. I vaguely remember what Trent said about Zidlicky.. but what Im trying to convey here.. is what kind of deal do you think would work for both teams... as I think he'd be one of the better pick-ups on the back-end that Ottawa could make to find a solid pair for Kuba.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:27 AM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Im not regurgitating anything.. I vaguely remember what Trent said about Zidlicky.. but what Im trying to convey here.. is what kind of deal do you think would work for both teams... as I think he'd be one of the better pick-ups on the back-end that Ottawa could make to find a solid pair for Kuba.
here's a start:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...0#post22257040

Old
11-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:

Just because a guy plays on another team doesn't mean he is better than all of our players. At his salary it would be crazy. He is 32. Is he really that much better than Picard or Campoli at their best and playing for less than 800?? Along with the fact that we would have to trade quality players to get him. Bad idea.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Lexicon Devil

I'd like to give it more time to see how Lee comes along. Even Picard is still relatively young and might solidify his game by January - he has certainly looked alot better the last few games.

We will almost certainly be needing another body back there, but let's give it a couple more months before deciding that the steep price that Zidlicky would demand is the right move. At any rate, Minnesota is unlikely to sell this early anyways.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Thanks!

Still a good discussion among sens fans though.. I find there's so many dumbass people that post in those Free Agency/Trade threads.. the proposals some come up with are the most rediculous and unimaginable possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dred View Post
Just because a guy plays on another team doesn't mean he is better than all of our players. At his salary it would be crazy. He is 32. Is he really that much better than Picard or Campoli at their best and playing for less than 800?? Along with the fact that we would have to trade quality players to get him. Bad idea.
Where in my post did I say he was better then all of our players? I'm saying he'd be a solid fit with Kuba.. considering the way he plays.. and he'd be one of the few RH'ed shots on our back-end.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:34 AM
HSF

Quote:

speaking of "thinking" and regurgitating the same thought in every thread....

Old
11-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Thanks!
Where in my post did I say he was better then all of our players? I'm saying he'd be a solid fit with Kuba.. considering the way he plays.. and he'd be one of the few RH'ed shots on our back-end.
Well i'm assuming you don't want him to sit on the bench. He would have to replace one of our roster Dmen. If we had a spot to fill and he was 1 mil., better all around than he is, and younger, then maybe an idea.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Lexicon Devil

Quote:
Well i'm assuming you don't want him to sit on the bench. He would have to replace one of our roster Dmen. If we had a spot to fill and he was 1 mil., better all around than he is, and younger, then maybe an idea.
He's a UFA and with our prospects coming up and having to resign Volchenkov we are almost certainly talking about a rental player. So I don't see how his age (32, which isn't even old) matters, and we would not be on the hook for his full salary. I haven't seen a ton of him, but i'm pretty confident that right now he would be a notable upgrade over Picard and Campoli.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:55 AM
SpezDispenser

Uhh....yes please. He'd be fantastic with Kuba - especially on the PP. He's a right-handed shot, he's productive offensively. What's not to like. I'd love to have him - probably cost Picard/Campoli + a 3rd minimum though.

Old
11-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Lexicon Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Picard/Campoli + a 3rd minimum though.
Significantly more, IMO.

Old
11-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil View Post
Significantly more, IMO.
And you think that would be a good move for a rental at this point? I just don't see it helping enough to justify giving all the money and players.

Old
11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Lexicon Devil

Quote:
And you think that would be a good move for a rental at this point? I just don't see it helping enough to justify giving all the money and players.
As I mentioned in my first post, no I do not necessarily think it would be a good move. Let's wait until January and reevaluate. If this team is looking awesome with the exception of Picard & Campoli, then yeah you might want to pay a high price for a guy like Zidlicky. But not right now.

Old
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Karl Cowensson
Two Headed Monster!

Quote:

You realize that more than one person can have the same idea right? I'd rather someone start up a new topic than discuss it in another thread were it derails the original topic, regardless of who may or may not have brought it up first.

Anyways before I derail this myself...I totally agree with the don't fix what ain't broke philosophy. For now our D has been solid and the only real question mark is who sits when Vochie gets back. Okay, its probably Lee, but the point is all 6 have been solid. Campoli does need to step it up offensively but I feel that is only a matter of time.

Old
11-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

I officially hate the people that post on the HF Forums that know absolutely nothing about the Senators players or our prospects.. it's exactly why I dont even bother posting a thread like this in the Free Agent/Trade talks.. When people say that a deal involving Nick Foligno and a 1st or Campoli/Picard/Lee + a 2nd is scraps for a defensemen who's going to be a UFA at seasons end.. a Minny fan said that they didnt need more defensemen especially not defensive defensemen.. Can someone tell me when Campoli,Picard and Lee became Defensive Defensemen??

Old
11-24-2009, 06:53 PM
paulica

I've seen Zidlicky play...he has huge offensive upside but he can be very piss-poor defensively in his own zone and tends to take untimely penalties.

There has to be better out there

(and no to Cam Barker unless we use him to complement as strong defensive defencemen)

Old
11-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

I'd rather have Picard at 800 than Zidlicky at 3.5 mil.
It's not like Picard doesn't have any chemistry with Kuba on the pp. Picard makes a few mistakes, but as a 6th D playing with Carkner he's pretty good.
Unless Zidlicky is resigned, any players going the other way (campoli, shannon, picard?) are lost. Don't think it is the right way to go.

Last edited by Icelevel: 11-24-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old
11-24-2009, 09:59 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulica View Post
I've seen Zidlicky play...he has huge offensive upside but he can be very piss-poor defensively in his own zone and tends to take untimely penalties.

There has to be better out there
There might be better out there, but that depends on Atlanta and whether they re-sign Kubina. If he were available, he would be perfect... he would also cost a lot more than Zidlicky and all of the things he brings beyond Zidlicky are IMO, luxuries that we don't need to pay for in our likely playoff situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon Devil View Post
If this team is looking awesome with the exception of Picard & Campoli, then yeah you might want to pay a high price for a guy like Zidlicky. But not right now.
I don't think he'll cost that much since there are a number of D-men of a relatively similar quality that look like they'll be available at the TDD. The D-men who look like they'll be available all fill slightly different roles though and teams will probably be involved in talks for the guys who closely fit their needs... as opposed to chasing UFA's in some hierarchy of trying to get "the best one". Even if somebody were competing with us for his services, they could just as easily be involved in talks for Corvo.

Quote:
I'd rather have Picard at 800 than Zidlicky at 3.5 mil.
It's not like Picard doesn't have any chemistry with Kuba on the pp. Picard makes a few mistakes, but as a 6th D playing with Carkner he's pretty good.
Unless Zidlicky is resigned, any players going the other way (campoli, shannon, picard?) are lost. Don't think it is the right way to go.
I could lose any one of those players for a better opportunity in this years postseason and not lose a wink of sleep if it didn't work out.

You know what else? ... Knowing what I know now about what was going to happen, I'd still trade Eaves for Stillman.

Picard has a hard shot, but I don't trust his instincts and do not generally think of him as much of a point threat.

The danger is that we play a team in the postseason who doesn't respect our defense, they collapse around their goal and we have a couple of 40 shots losses before we're eliminated. A young-ish player who may one day become an average player in the NHL is worth giving up to try to avoid that fate.

Old
11-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Lexicon Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
I don't think he'll cost that much since there are a number of D-men of a relatively similar quality that look like they'll be available at the TDD.
I have not spent any time looking at who looks like they would be available in February/March, but I wonder how you would do that anyways. With the exception of very few teams (e.g. Toronto), how do we know who will be a seller at the trade deadline? With the parity now (and the earlier deadline), there aren't as many teams out of it at the deadline, making very few sellers, and thus higher prices for the buyers.

Looking over last year's trade deadline I don't see that many good defencemen being sold - Leopold and Morris seem to top it out - am I missing someone? In fact, I don't see nearly as many big trades as there used to be.

Old
11-25-2009, 01:23 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I wouldn't give anything more than a 2nd rounder for him as a rental. He's nothing special, but he can be an elite pp qb. He's probably a slight upgrade over Picard. He reminds me of MA Bergeron

I would look for a more solid top 4 type guy who can be relied on to play 20 minutes a game and still contribute some offense. But that's contingent on this team continuing to play at this level.

If we're a 7th or 8th seed then I guess adding a guy like Zidlicky at a reasonable price would be acceptable and could help towards upsetting a team like Philly.

Old
02-07-2010, 03:05 PM
TheHMan

Official Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread- Trade Deadline Edition

Trade Deadline is coming up and the other thread is well past 1000 posts. Figured we'd start a new thread on TDD.

Sens are looking to improve the roster for the post season.

Guys on the block:

Cheechoo
Picard
Lee
Donovan

Possibility of being moved:
Shannon
Winchester
Kuba

OTT 1st 2010, OTT 2nd, SJ 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th round picks are possibly in play.

Do we get a forward, or upgrade at D?

Last edited by TheHMan: 02-07-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old
02-07-2010, 03:06 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

I've heared Kariya in a couple of deadline rumors. That would be pretty cool. Especially if Cheechoo goes the other way.

Closed Thread