HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings 2009-10 CHL, NCAA, and USHL Prospects Update Thread

Old
11-19-2009, 01:15 PM
sbtatter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Thanks for the link, correction and the update.

I wonder which of the two (Wurdick and King) would make it to the nhl first. They both seem like similar type of players. Although, I'm getting the sense that King is lacking some motivation. I think he'll end up as a poorman's Bertuzzi.
Can't see Wudrick ever making the NHL, inconsistent and weak. King has a better chance than Wudrick imo because he's just inconsistent.

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
The Kings have the #'s 1, 4 and 19 leading scorers in the WHL. Pretty impressive.

http://www.whl.ca/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_scorers

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 12:42 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Can't see Wudrick ever making the NHL, inconsistent and weak. King has a better chance than Wudrick imo because he's just inconsistent.
I actually don't mind the inconsistency as I have him pegged to play the 4th line. I know he's not a goon but he's got good size and I'm sure he'll drop gloves on an occasion and chip in with a point here and there.

In fact, I kind of hope Wurdick and King will be a part of our 4th line combo of our future.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 12:47 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
The Kings have the #'s 1, 4 and 19 leading scorers in the WHL. Pretty impressive.

http://www.whl.ca/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_scorers
It is pretty impressive.

Schenn HAS to make our club next year. He probably should have made it this year but we just didn't have the spot for him unfortunately. I'm hoping DL makes a move before the next season to create a spot for Schenn.

I still can't figure out why Kozun was drafted so late. Could this guy be the steal of the draft? Here's to hoping.

Old
11-20-2009, 02:06 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Another telling stat about Kozun is that the 2nd leading-scorer for Calgary is 49th in the WHL with 23pts. Whereas last year they had 5 in the top 13.

In fact, only 1 of the other 4 is back this year.

Last edited by KopitarFAN: 11-20-2009 at 06:17 PM.
KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2009, 02:35 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Well, if that's true, that's even more impressive.

Can't wait for the day when our prospects all graduate

Old
11-20-2009, 06:14 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Big Game tonight, Brandon vs Calgary in the WHL.

Old
11-20-2009, 10:03 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Brandon beat Calgary 5-2.

Kozun: 0pts
Schenn: 2A

Old
11-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Shellz

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Chruceg

I love that Kozun and Schenn are tearing it up in the WHL right now but I think a fairer way to determine how well players are playing is by looking at their points per game average rather than their overall points total. Eberle is the clear number one in this category with a clean 2 P/G average. Kozun and Schenn are second and third but it is far closer to fourth than it is to first. Personally I feel like this is more of a knock on Kozun because all he does is score points and he is getting outscored by a guy who is roughly his height who is also not known for his defense. Schenn is fairly close while also playing a solid game in his own end.

Vey is 20th out of 20.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2009, 12:40 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post
I love that Kozun and Schenn are tearing it up in the WHL right now but I think a fairer way to determine how well players are playing is by looking at their points per game average rather than their overall points total. Eberle is the clear number one in this category with a clean 2 P/G average. Kozun and Schenn are second and third but it is far closer to fourth than it is to first. Personally I feel like this is more of a knock on Kozun because all he does is score points and he is getting outscored by a guy who is roughly his height who is also not known for his defense. Schenn is fairly close while also playing a solid game in his own end.

Vey is 20th out of 20.
Yeah, I noticed the games played differential tilting in favor of Kozun as well. However, as the 6th round (or is it 5th) pick, I'm ecstatic about Kozun's production regardless of how many more games he's played. But you're right, clearer way to measure is to go by their ppg stat.

Old
11-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Bob1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chruceg View Post

Vey is 20th out of 20.

Ok a couple points. Eberle is currently scoring as of me typing this at 2.0 ppg average. Very solid, hes a good player. It seems Edmonton got a steal as he was a late first round pick. However he does have potential negatives like any player does. Not the quickest foot speed, and the moves he makes works at the WHL level, how will they translate at the NHL level.. Who knows. Very good player though. He is also not roughly Kozuns height, he has two inches, not that drastic a difference, but still something to consider. Kozun currently has a 1.81 PPG average, and in my opinion he is a better defensive player. Schenn is at a 1.6 ppg average. There is a gap, albeit small one, but to put it in perspective, Schenn would have to have a 6 point night in his next game to equal it. Now obviously Schenn brings other things to the table as well, hes going to have to become a better finisher to find real success at the next level though. SO my point is I honestly feel like we have the top 2 forwards in the entire Western Hockey League. Both will probably be playing very important roles in Regina at Christmas time. Ive already said this on this board before, call me a hitmen homer if you wish, but I feel like Kozun was the steal of the draft this past summer. I hope he proves me right.

Bob1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2009, 02:49 PM
McSorley 33

Anyone know why Kyle hasn't played the last two games for Barrie? Is he hurt....

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:27 AM
sbtatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1960 View Post
Ok a couple points. Eberle is currently scoring as of me typing this at 2.0 ppg average. Very solid, hes a good player. It seems Edmonton got a steal as he was a late first round pick. However he does have potential negatives like any player does. Not the quickest foot speed, and the moves he makes works at the WHL level, how will they translate at the NHL level.. Who knows. Very good player though. He is also not roughly Kozuns height, he has two inches, not that drastic a difference, but still something to consider. Kozun currently has a 1.81 PPG average, and in my opinion he is a better defensive player. Schenn is at a 1.6 ppg average. There is a gap, albeit small one, but to put it in perspective, Schenn would have to have a 6 point night in his next game to equal it. Now obviously Schenn brings other things to the table as well, hes going to have to become a better finisher to find real success at the next level though. SO my point is I honestly feel like we have the top 2 forwards in the entire Western Hockey League. Both will probably be playing very important roles in Regina at Christmas time. Ive already said this on this board before, call me a hitmen homer if you wish, but I feel like Kozun was the steal of the draft this past summer. I hope he proves me right.
Nice post. Just wanted to put one thing out there, Schenn is more of a creator than a scorer, he usually thinks pass before shot, even though he has a great release on his wrister, especially good as he's skating.

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtatter View Post
Nice post. Just wanted to put one thing out there, Schenn is more of a creator than a scorer, he usually thinks pass before shot, even though he has a great release on his wrister, especially good as he's skating.
Kozun is also a year and a half older than Schenn.

EDIT: I probably should have quoted Bob's post because I was obviously referring to the comparison between Kozun and Schenn.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:05 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Kozun is also a year and a half older than Schenn.

EDIT: I probably should have quoted Bob's post because I was obviously referring to the comparison between Kozun and Schenn.
WTF were you thinking?

Old
11-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Chazz Reinhold

I dunno, I'm losing it I tell ya! I'm losing it!

Old
11-24-2009, 01:10 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

You can't lose something you've never had.

Old
11-24-2009, 01:12 PM
Chazz Reinhold

I've had it.

Old
11-24-2009, 03:29 PM
MBJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Awesome news!!!

I'm sure he was very disappointed to be sent down after such a successful preseason. Glad to hear that he has acclimated to his old and new teammates and is having a stellar season.

Can't wait to see him in the nhl.

Thanks for the update and keep them coming baby!!!
The Wheat Kings and Schenn are both starting to hit there stride they have won 4 out of 5 including a win over the Hitmen. 39pts in 24 games

MBJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33 View Post
Anyone know why Kyle hasn't played the last two games for Barrie? Is he hurt....
http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/Art...aspx?e=2193222
Quote:
Forward Kyle Clifford is listed as day-to-day with a hip injury, while captain Stefan Della Rovere took a puck to the knee in Monday's Super Series game in Windsor and is questionable for tonight. Mitch Bennett remains out with the flu.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 04:23 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBJets View Post
The Wheat Kings and Schenn are both starting to hit there stride they have won 4 out of 5 including a win over the Hitmen. 39pts in 24 games
Tada!!! And here he is!!! Who would have thunk it?

I wonder if there's a way to keep him up here for the entire season if he does well.

Old
12-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=11996

Teubert, Schenn, Kozun, and Jones were invited to the Canadian WJC evaluation camp later this month.

In other news, Czarnik was not invited to the US evaluation camp.

Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2009, 07:21 PM
northernKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=11996

Teubert, Schenn, Kozun, and Jones were invited to the Canadian WJC evaluation camp later this month.

In other news, Czarnik was not invited to the US evaluation camp.
Nicolas Deslauriers was also invited

northernKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Kings website list's Schenn at 6'1" now.. any truth to this? Height doesn't replace skill, but just curious is he is still growing...

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote