HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cal O'Reilly

Old
11-23-2009, 11:55 AM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Cal O'Reilly

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=76865

This guy I think could be our next Rich Peverley. I hope he is handled alot better though!

I was just looking at his statistics. Every season he gets better and better, no matter what league he is in, his stats always climb better each season.

in the OHL his points totals went 21, 73, 99

in AHL his point totals went 65, 79, 65 (the 65 point total was a better PPG average due to mssing 13 games)

Now this season he is destroying the AHL. He has 19 points in 12 games. 10 points in last 6 games!!

I just think if he can afford to give him a permanent roster spot so he is confident enough he is here to stay, he will constantly do nothing but get better each season and hopefully can hit 80-90 points like he has after a few years experience in the O and the A.

Any chance of seeing him again soon this season?? I think he has more potential than Santorelli, Hornqvist, or Jones for sure. Hornqvist started season great and is still playing good, but would like to see better numbers like start of season.

So what is your opinions on O'Reilly??? Any chance of him tearing up the NHL with a few years of experience like he has done in two other leagues??? Remember last season Cal had 5 points in 11 games, not bad for his first stint. He just had a bad 6 games this season, BRING HIM BACK UP!!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

First, I always take issue when people say we didn't "handle" Peverley properly, or that he wasn't given a shot. He had time on every line, and didn't do anything with it. Maybe it was chemistry, maybe it was confidence...he got his chances, it just didn't happen for him. His situation is actually pretty similar to Sullivans when he was waived by Toronto and claimed by Chicago. But I digress.

I would like to see O'Reilly get another shot, and I do worry he'll take off if he moves somewhere else, but he's got to keep up his end of the deal. When up here, he just wasn't impressive. Again...probably confidence, but he got decent icetime with good players...even made it on to the power play a bit.

As for Hornqvist, I can't really blame him for his production going down. He suddenly finds himself playing with Belak on the fourth line. That's going to hurt anyone's production. He's simply a victim of a healthy team at the moment.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:31 PM
Super Berg

yeah I was watching him when they called him up and he seemed to have not been doing anything.

Hopefully he gets another shot and play a lot better so as to make a case to stay.

Rich Peverley didn't make it for a long time too. I think he is 27 now. So there is still plenty of time. Although so many guys are considered done once they hit 25 and playing in the AHL. ie. Jeff Taffe

as for Hornqvist, what's up with him. He hasn't done much damage in the last 5 to 10 games.

Super Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHope07 View Post
yeah I was watching him when they called him up and he seemed to have not been doing anything.

Hopefully he gets another shot and play a lot better so as to make a case to stay.

Rich Peverley didn't make it for a long time too. I think he is 27 now. So there is still plenty of time. Although so many guys are considered done once they hit 25 and playing in the AHL. ie. Jeff Taffe

as for Hornqvist, what's up with him. He hasn't done much damage in the last 5 to 10 games.
Hornqvist has been stuck on the 3rd/4th line due to everyone being healthy. While you can complain about him being down there he has done fairly well and had chances and if another injury hits he will be back up on the top two lines.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote