HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Loktinov, Segal called up, Smyth to IR

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2009, 01:51 AM
  #51
imissgretzky
 
imissgretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJerry View Post
I don't think Russians comprise a race. Russians are (mostly) Caucasian.

So can an anti-Russian comment be called racist?
It depends. If the offending party is non-caucasian, then yes, they may be a racist. If they are of the caucasian persuasion, as previously stated, they would be a xenophobe.

imissgretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:56 AM
  #52
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imissgretzky View Post
It depends. If the offending party is non-caucasian, then yes, they may be a racist. If they are of the caucasian persuasion, as previously stated, they would be a xenophobe.
Yes but even if the offending party is not caucasian, they could still have a bias towards Russians and not other caucasians. And xenophobia is too broad if we are only talking a bias against Russians. What if the offending party is a non-caucasian lover of foreigners who has a particular bias against Russians. What is he then? Besides an a-hole

(this is amusing, and I have a feeling the mods will delete these posts, but I implore them to simply move them to the OT thread if necessary)


Last edited by JDM: 11-24-2009 at 02:12 AM.
JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:09 AM
  #53
imissgretzky
 
imissgretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Yes but even if the offending party is not caucasian, they could still have a bias towards Russians and not other caucasians. And xenophobia is too broad if we are only talking a bias against Russians. What if the offending party is a non-caucasian lover of foreigners who has a particular bias against Russians. What is he then? Besides an a-hole

(this is amusing, and I have a feeling the mods will delete these posts, but implore them to simply move them to the OT thread if necessary)
Don Cherry

Haha. Yes we couldn't be any more OT at this point.

imissgretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:46 AM
  #54
DIEHARD the King fan
Registered User
 
DIEHARD the King fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: blueline to slot
Country: United States
Posts: 6,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallMeJerry View Post
I don't think Russians comprise a race. Russians are (mostly) Caucasian.

So can an anti-Russian comment be called racist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Interesting.

I shall ponder this further.
Well, You keep ponderin'

But I know what that kind of comment can be called.

You call it "Patriotic!"

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 04:59 AM
  #55
CowMix
Go Kings Go!
 
CowMix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tustin, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 500
so how badly do these call ups hurt the Monarchs? Segal chosen instead of Moller for the toughness factor?

CowMix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:04 AM
  #56
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
I think they should put someone else on that top line and let fro and Lokti play together. Get those comrades some time together.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 09:40 AM
  #57
Youngblood93
Registered User
 
Youngblood93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 1,962
vCash: 500
It'll be great to see these guys debut tomorrow night, oh wait FSWest are cheap F**ks and don't cover Canadian games.

Youngblood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 09:58 AM
  #58
yankeeking
Registered User
 
yankeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
so how badly do these call ups hurt the Monarchs? Segal chosen instead of Moller for the toughness factor?
Does it matter, the idea is to feed the big team so they stay contenders,Manchester exists solely for that reason, I think we forget that sometimes......and since we are on that subject when was the last time Morris developed somone that came to the Kings, contributed and stuck...the only young player on the team have made it out of camp, so the let let them played together and develop hasn't exactly filled up the pipeline if you know what I mean......and I know Moulson is doing well but not for us, so is it our system,minor coaches or the big teams coachs, this is our SO BRIGHT future and I want wear shades

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:05 AM
  #59
Flour Child
Unleavened User
 
Flour Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Drury Lane
Posts: 22,545
vCash: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Did I call it or what?

I knew one was coming, wasn't sure about the other.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=22256775&postcount=4
Reaperdamus

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 11:05 AM
  #60
CowMix
Go Kings Go!
 
CowMix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tustin, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,984
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Does it matter, the idea is to feed the big team so they stay contenders,Manchester exists solely for that reason, I think we forget that sometimes......and since we are on that subject when was the last time Morris developed somone that came to the Kings, contributed and stuck...the only young player on the team have made it out of camp, so the let let them played together and develop hasn't exactly filled up the pipeline if you know what I mean......and I know Moulson is doing well but not for us, so is it our system,minor coaches or the big teams coachs, this is our SO BRIGHT future and I want wear shades
Parse?

CowMix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 11:41 AM
  #61
ReggieMoto
Registered User
 
ReggieMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,477
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
when was the last time Morris developed somone that came to the Kings, contributed and stuck...
Quick?

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:33 PM
  #62
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
ok, I'll admit it. I have no idea who Segal is.
You've never seen Under Siege?


Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:36 PM
  #63
Winger23
Registered User
 
Winger23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Did I call it or what?

I knew one was coming, wasn't sure about the other.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=22256775&postcount=4
Can you predict TM to the DL too? please?

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:54 PM
  #64
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
ok, I'll admit it. I have no idea who Segal is.
It's ok, he don't know you either.

From limited viewing and some reading, he sounds like Kostopolous.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:56 PM
  #65
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMix View Post
so how badly do these call ups hurt the Monarchs? Segal chosen instead of Moller for the toughness factor?
I was thinking the same thing. Do they even have enough players to dress with all their casualties?

As for Segal over Moller, I think Segal's better suited to play on the 3rd or 4th line than Moller. Besides, I think Moller is the only remaining 1st liner if I'm correct. I think Parse and Segal both saw time on the first line as well as Lokti.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM
  #66
Buddy The Elf
Kings!
 
Buddy The Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Belmont Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 10,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
Can you predict TM to the DL too? please?
I will... Terry Murray to the 15-day DL due to soreness in his throwing thumb. He'll be playing long catch for a week before he returns to the mound in his set up role.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:27 PM
  #67
Winger23
Registered User
 
Winger23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
I will... Terry Murray to the 15-day DL due to soreness in his throwing thumb. He'll be playing long catch for a week before he returns to the mound in his set up role.
I'll take anything I can get. I thought for sure he suffered from a concussion though, which would explain a few things.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:37 PM
  #68
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,013
vCash: 500
Purcell-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Loktionov-Brown
Parse-Handzus-Simmonds
Segal/Ivanans/Richardson/Harrold

new lines according to Hammond:http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=1749

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:40 PM
  #69
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Purcell-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Loktionov-Brown
Parse-Handzus-Simmonds
Segal/Ivanans/Richardson/Harrold

new lines according to Hammond:http://lakingsinsider.com/?p=1749
Great lines and good call by Ziggy!

I think having 4 guys on the 4th line should help.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:47 PM
  #70
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
The one thing that has never been tried to awaken the sleeping Frologiant - a comrade on his line. Please oh please let this be what does it.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:48 PM
  #71
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Great lines and good call by Ziggy!

I think having 4 guys on the 4th line should help.
haha nice one. Im stoked theyre putting Frolov with Lokti. They should gel nice seeing how they speak the same language

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
  #72
Omni Owl
Registered User
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
I can dig those lines.

Omni Owl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:52 PM
  #73
KingsRule
Registered User
 
KingsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Country: United States
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
...although id much rather they gave parse a shot instead of purcell another one. Parse has been excellent thus far.

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
  #74
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
haha nice one. Im stoked theyre putting Frolov with Lokti. They should gel nice seeing how they speak the same language
What language would that be...the language of FroLove perhaps?

Hey, if the same language is the cure-all then why aren't the rest of the team gelling? Don't they all speak english or at least the nhl version of it?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:08 PM
  #75
not tellin*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
...although id much rather they gave parse a shot instead of purcell another one. Parse has been excellent thus far.
excellent you say?

im excited for the russian connection, no doubt it won't work but at least it's something to get me amped for the next game.

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.