HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#23 - 11.23.09 | Columbus Blue Jackets @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
11-24-2009, 10:26 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
3 goals in 7 of Henke's last 10 isn't such a great stat. Nice to get 7 goals - not nice that they needed 5 at the end of the day to win the game. I'm not sure this team has the offensive firepower to give up this many goals in the long run.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post

edit: By the way, for anyone *****ing about Hank, look at Mason's stats. 3.59GAA and .885 SV%. Yet Columbus is still 12-7-3 despite that
Hank is less volatile than Mason, i.e. more mediocre at the moment. I'd rather have Rangers lose 8-1 one day and then have shutout next game, as opposed to let 4 in both. I insist Lundqvist has led the team into slump it is now, although he is NOT THE ONLY ONE TO BLAME.
Rangers are the fragile group by design. The above average G should make them viable. That was the case in Oct. I hope it will come back soon.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Hank is less volatile than Mason, i.e. more mediocre at the moment. I'd rather have Rangers lose 8-1 one day and then have shutout next game, as opposed to let 4 in both. I insist Lundqvist has led the team into slump it is now, although he is NOT THE ONLY ONE TO BLAME.
Rangers are the fragile group by design. The above average G should make them viable. That was the case in Oct. I hope it will come back soon.
He let in 4 and the Rangers won - did your head explode?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 11:14 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
He let in 4 and the Rangers won - did your head explode?
It did. We should have lost last night. That's what I got from Torts post game interview. I agree with that as rational individual, but totally disagree as a fan. We are just got lucky for a change.

Old
11-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
It did. We should have lost last night. That's what I got from Torts post game interview. I agree with that as rational individual, but totally disagree as a fan. We are just got lucky for a change.
So if we win our next 5 that means Henke is playing great right?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 11:28 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
And if Voros can take on someone like Boll and hold his own, he might actually NOT be completely useless. Kudos to him.
agreed.

I really, really, hope he keeps this up. I know its early, only after two fights, but if he can actually find his nitch as a decent fighter he may bring some value. I hope Brash is coaching him.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 11:29 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
So if we win our next 5 that means Henke is playing great right?
We won't if we allow 4. Hey, I am not asking for SO every game. Just don't let in more than 2. When was it last time?

Old
11-24-2009, 12:27 PM
haveandare

We should have lost? I don't know about that. We scored 7 goals...we clearly should have won. Its a team effort, its not all about Hank. We don't win and lose based on how Henrik plays, the team wins or losses depending on how the team collectively plays. If we let in 6 goals we shouldn't have lost because we scored 7. Getting the game winning goal on a bad bounce or something makes "should have lost" situations. When you score 7 unanswered goals there's really no debate.

Henrik's situation this year reminds me of Drury's. His stats are pretty awful so far, but if you look at his career he has been amazingly consistent in the big picture and will almost certainly continue that trend. I guess Dru's chances of continuing the trend are less definite because of his age, but Henrik should and almost certainly will bounce right back.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 12:33 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
We should have lost? I don't know about that. We scored 7 goals...we clearly should have won. Its a team effort, its not all about Hank. We don't win and lose based on how Henrik plays, the team wins or losses depending on how the team collectively plays. If we let in 6 goals we shouldn't have lost because we scored 7. Getting the game winning goal on a bad bounce or something makes "should have lost" situations. When you score 7 unanswered goals there's really no debate.

Henrik's situation this year reminds me of Drury's. His stats are pretty awful so far, but if you look at his career he has been amazingly consistent in the big picture and will almost certainly continue that trend. I guess Dru's chances of continuing the trend are less definite because of his age, but Henrik should and almost certainly will bounce right back.
I said I don't agree we should have lost. I also have no doubt Lundy will bounce back at some point. It is a reasonable expectation. As a fan I cannot be reasonable. I want him back NOW. I fact, back a few weeks ago.

Old
11-24-2009, 01:02 PM
jmb9191

saw kotalik after the game last night with a few friends. first thing he says is "im ********d guys" said he couldnt breathe and he had really badly bruised ribs.

jmb9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:22 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
agreed.

I really, really, hope he keeps this up. I know its early, only after two fights, but if he can actually find his nitch as a decent fighter he may bring some value. I hope Brash is coaching him.
and so that makes huggybear what ? a healthy scratch most nights.

having both those guys suit up every night is brutal.

one or the other, not both.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote