HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Horcoff + Kevin Lowe

Old
11-23-2009, 09:57 PM
oilerbear

vCash: 500
Kyle, Bleed, Liqour: how many points does he have after two periods?

oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerbear View Post
Sometimes when dealing with a group you treat them like there are strong in there feild or they are kindergarten level.

I realize that I needed to bring out the crayons to get my point across.
I'd suggest you start watching the games and leave the stats for after the games are done if you think Horcoff has been the catalyst of his offensive production.

Bum shoulder? Yes. Improved for beginning of the season? Yes. Enjoying the benefit of playing with the two best offensive forwards on this team by a mile right now? Yes.

Bring out your crayons if you want, but try to cut down on eating the Elmer's glue.

Ol' Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:22 PM
bleed_oil

Quote:
Hold on... you are right.. he got 2 points today... I changed my mind, he's actually worth 7M or whatever he makes.

bleed_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Kyle McMahon

Quote:
I stand corrected in my entire assessment of Horcoff based on this two-point explosion tonight. He deserves a raise, in fact. Lets extend Moreau for five years as well, he scored tonight.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 11:13 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

vCash: 1271
Quote:
Maybe you need new crayons. These ones cant spell.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:08 PM
VincenzosOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
The book is pretty bland and there isnt alot of juicy tidbits to be gleaned from it so I wouldnt recommend it really. You can have my copy if you like.
Hey, almost forgot about this post. Thanks for the offer IATL. It sounds like a book I might be able to pick up in the bargain bins of book stores

VincenzosOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincenzosOil View Post
Hey, almost forgot about this post. Thanks for the offer IATL. It sounds like a book I might be able to pick up in the bargain bins of book stores
Nope. Its $19.67. I was too slow to realize the deeper meaning behind the pricing.

Old
11-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Nope. Its $19.67. I was too slow to realize the deeper meaning behind the pricing.
Without me having to dig through this thread. What book you guys referring to?

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:15 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Without me having to dig through this thread. What book you guys referring to?

Old
11-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
It's kind of funny how you demand respect from other posters and always urge to keep the discussion/ argument on tract. Is it just me or does it seem a little hypocritical that you are now calling out a guy who called you out over a petty spelling error?

Old
11-24-2009, 01:27 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
It's kind of funny how you demand respect from other posters and always urge to keep the discussion/ argument on tract. Is it just me or does it seem a little hypocritical that you are now calling out a guy who called you out over a petty spelling error?
I really dont know what you are talking about? This guy comes on here to talk about how great Horcoff is and to tell anyone that thinks differently how stupid they are. Did you read the posts? Input = Output.

Old
11-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
I really dont know what you are talking about? This guy comes on here to talk about how great Horcoff is and to tell anyone that thinks differently how stupid they are. Did you read the posts? Input = Output.
Hey I know how it went down and once I saw his remark calling you out I slowly scolled down anticipating your remark. I was rather dissapointed that you called him out on spelling rather than your usual witty humor. Not mad "I Am" just dissapointed from anticipation.

Old
11-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I am the Liquor
finger sniffer

Quote:
Hey I know how it went down and once I saw his remark calling you out I slowly scolled down anticipating your remark. I was rather dissapointed that you called him out on spelling rather than your usual witty humor. Not mad "I Am" just dissapointed from anticipation.
I am inconsistent. Like the team. I am scheduling a meeting with myself later. There will be lots of venting, although I'm not sure I have earned the right to vent on myself. I think you need to lower your expectations.

Old
11-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
I am inconsistent. Like the team. I am scheduling a meeting with myself later. There will be lots of venting, although I'm not sure I have earned the right to vent on myself. I think you need to lower your expectations.
Sounds good. If you need a mediator, let me know.

Old
11-24-2009, 01:55 PM
oilerbear

Quote:
Yeah nothing more important than following rules of a language with 3 derivative bases. That do not follow any of the language structures.

I will stick to looking at a players suituational results.

you know offensive zone production versus neutral defensive. lloking at what the player is asked to do shift wise. is he given the butter or asked to do the heavy lifting.

Since the lockout, Mr. horcoff has been asked to take a heavier load of defensive draws at center. Required to play 7th most minutes at center.

Year---Points(rank)---Points/GM(rank)--- TOI(rank)

05-06---73PT in 79GM (#23)---.94p/GM(#20)---19:58(#14)

06-07---51Pt in 80GM (#46)---.64pt/GM(#41)---20:49(#5)
This year was interesting: He publicly stated around game 20 he had let the pressure of the new contract get to him. 3pt s in first 16 games. Then after the Smyth trade He and hemsky were no existant for around 6 games. The rest of the year he was 48 pt in 58 games. And don't tell me the whole team was not affected by the Smyth trade.

07-08---50Pt in 53GM (#42)---.96Pt/GM (#13)---22:13 (#4)
Hmm thirteenth best PT/GM rate.

08-09---53pt in 80GM (#36)---.66pt/GM (#33) ---21:21(35)
The only center in the whole league asked to take a high percetage of defensive draws against the leagues best and outscore them. The only center able to do this. it was a down year for shooting %. When you look through most players careers they have two down shooting years. Last year was one of his. That cost him 7 goals. would have put him in the top 25 for points but what he did against the leagues best was amazing.

09-10 New contract
First 12 Gm 2Pts and -7
Last 8 GM move to LW and healing shoulder. 4G and 5A 1.125PT/GM +3.

05-06 he is a top 20 point producing center.
06-07 Lets contract get to him at start but is top 20 points producing center after game 16
07-08 He is a top 15 points producing center then blows out shoulder.
08-09 he is top 35 points producing center in a down shooting year while facing the toughest situational play of any forward in the league.
09-10 Tough start to year. Rests shoulder and takes on LW role to protect it. 1.125 PT/GM since.

So he has been a 1st line (top 30) points producing center from 05-06 to 08-09 for all except 16 games in 06-07.

You are correct he is not a #1 Center this year. But right now he is 1.125Pt/GM at LW.

Our concern should be if he is healthy. Cause when he is healthy, he is top 20 for his position.

Heck I would love to see him at LW all year. Maybe he stays 1PT/gm (top 10).

Now all you experts give me a real explanation why he is a 2nd /3rd line player.

Edit: went back to the whole interaction:

Post #61 reacted to the harsh (trolling) post #1 with a Game Log afct of Horcoffs year.

Post #62 Liquor calls out my point based facts more accepted form of justification rather than desjardins based stats.

Post #63 Make the toungue in cheek Crayon comment.

Post #63 liquor calls out the spelling

Kyle Bleed and Liquor make comments on Horcoff being third liner. (trolling)

Post #76 Ask about Horcoff points count.

Post #77 ol'jase Responds

Then whole interaction was quite childish on all our parts.

In this post i have clerly shown a center who produces in the top 20 for his position points wise. without looking at desjardins measures.

If some one cannot show why they think horcoff is a second or third line center. I think it is in the moderators intrest to consider the horcoff is a second line or third line center comments as trolling.

It is like saying hemsky is a third line RW.

Last edited by oilerbear: 11-24-2009 at 02:38 PM.
oilerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Kyle McMahon

Blow all the statistical smoke you like. To those of us who actually watch the games, it is clear that Horcoff is not good enough to be a first line center on a successful hockey team.

Quote:
06-07 Lets contract get to him at start but is top 20 points producing center after game 16
And I have to laugh at things like this. I guess the first 20% of the schedule just doesn't matter.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote