HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Biron+Bergenheim for Barker

Old
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Biron+Bergenheim for Barker

Biron $1.4m
Bergenheim $892,000

for

Barker $3m

Why the Isles do this trade:Isles need to improve their defense..At this point the talented Barker is more rep then actual on ice accomplishment,playing only about 14 minutes a game.But the isles should be kicking the tires on these types of project defensemen.

Why the Hawks do this trade:Biron gives the Hawks a cheap,experienced backup for the inconsistent Huet.He'll be off the books next July.

Scotty Bowman's an advisor for the Hawks.1-2 yrs ago he was at an Isles/Panther game,scouting the Panthers for an upcoming Panther/Red Wing game.The next nyi game,the radio announcers told how Bowman questioned them about Bergenheim,how impressed Bowman was with Bergy's hustling and energetic style of play.

Oh and please,before someone suggests expanding this trade to include Sopel going back to LI...let's not.He was nothing short of horrible defensively,while playing for the isles.We don't want him back.Not to get a high pick.Not to get a nice prospect.Not to get a promising,but struggling young nhler.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 07:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 625
I think the Hawks like Niemi just fine

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:05 PM
Szechwan
Plug Life.

vCash: 500
Especially after he owned the Canucks the other night.

Szechwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

I'm not ready to give up on Bergenheim just yet.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I think the Hawks like Niemi just fine
The Hawks believe that they are good enough to win a championship now.I believe 26 yr old Niemi has no nhl playoff experience.If Huet falters,that's a lot of pressure to put on a playoff rookie.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Captain Iago

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
The Hawks believe that they are good enough to win a championship now.I believe 26 yr old Niemi has no nhl playoff experience.If Huet falters,that's a lot of pressure to put on a playoff rookie.
We do like Niemi just fine. He even looked good in his only loss against the 'nucks. While you're right that's a lot of pressure to put on a rookie, Huet will be given chance after chance. If there is a Huet falter, then it will be too late to make a move at that point.

Captain Iago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:24 PM
crimsonking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
It's not uncommon to have a rookie (or inexperienced tender) provide back-up duties in the playoffs. I think he'll be fine. Obviously, you listed the worst case scenario (Huet sucking), and if it happens, then fine, we'd have to rely on Niemi. Overall, I think he is going to be an ideal back-up for this year as he continues to progress.

crimsonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:28 PM
DPSNAGS

yeah i dont see the hawks doing this

1. i dont think this give them enough cap space they would want if they dealt barker(could be wrong)

2.huet is making over 5 mill for the next couple seasons....like what a poster said above, theyll give him chance after chance until he can find his game and if they doesnt happen by NEXT season then i see them trying to change there goaltending situation but until then i dont see them doing anything about it

DPSNAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 08:36 PM
salty justice

If the Hawks cannot unload Huet it will be extremely difficult to bring in a guy competing for the starting gig, that didn't work too well for Huet last year.

I'd take Biron assuming we can get rid of Huet.

salty justice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
If the Hawks cannot unload Huet it will be extremely difficult to bring in a guy competing for the starting gig, that didn't work too well for Huet last year.

I'd take Biron assuming we can get rid of Huet.
This

But we wont be able to move Huet and as of right now Huet is playing well and Niemi is looking to be a good possibility for our longterm at that position

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 09:37 PM
brevard*

Goalie for Goalie I wouldn't take Biron over Huet. ... I realize the cap hit is too high for Huet but just talking talent I would stick with Huet and Niemi.

brevard* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Crew - I love this deal for NYI. A backup netminder who will be eminently expendable once Goalie 2021 returns...and a very replacable third-line LW...for a guy who steps into your top 4 on the backline.

I simply cannot see the Hawks doing it, however.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 09:53 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
hawwks will ask for more then that

Welcome to Edmonton Connor McDavid--the rest of you HA HA HA HA HA HA
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote