HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tambo on Oilers Lunch - Dissapointed?

Old
11-25-2009, 12:11 AM
GSC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
I have never said anything to the contrary. I was simply responding to this:
Well then, don't I look like an ass...

Carry on!

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 01:24 AM
anjoo

Send a message via MSN to anjoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
73 points after the lockout.
DAMN! LOL - I'm looking at hockeydb and have no idea where the number 55 came from.. wtf

anjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Magnus

I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't have much faith in Tambellini as a gm. Yes, it's only been a year and a half. But, what has he done in that time? Of all his transactions, the only one that I would say was a definite win for the team was acquiring Ryan Stone. Even then I would say that has more to do with luck and circumstance than anything else. If that's all you have to show as a gm, even in a season and a half, its not saying much. Particularly when you're running a team with so many obvious holes.

Of his other transactions: Boulerice was a huge fail, MacIntyre couldn't stick with the team, O'Sullivan is looking worse everday (specially when you consider we could have just traded for Justin Williams, a much better player and something I still can't comprehend), Kotalik was allowed to go with not much effort to re-sign, and Comrie remains an irrelevant signing for this team.

Those who argue that Lowe left him with a plethora of untradable and expensive veterans: I give you Khabibulin. Now, I really like him as a player. But his contract is just as bad as any of the signings Lowe ever made due to its length and Khabi's age. It made no sense when it was done and it'll appear worse every year that goes by.

Sure the contract situations with certain players make if difficult to get rid of certain players, but I don't believe for a second that there has been no opportunity for Tambellini to improve this team. There have been several players available over the past year who were inexpensive and could have helped the team. Likewise, I find it hard to believe that no one has shown interest in a player like Gilbert.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and Tambellini shows he can improve this team. But with his seeming lack of action and continued lack of improvement of the team, I don't think it looks good. Can we have Howson back now, please?

Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 03:18 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
I really hope I'm wrong, but I just don't have much faith in Tambellini as a gm. Yes, it's only been a year and a half. But, what has he done in that time? Of all his transactions, the only one that I would say was a definite win for the team was acquiring Ryan Stone. Even then I would say that has more to do with luck and circumstance than anything else. If that's all you have to show as a gm, even in a season and a half, its not saying much. Particularly when you're running a team with so many obvious holes.

Of his other transactions: Boulerice was a huge fail, MacIntyre couldn't stick with the team, O'Sullivan is looking worse everday (specially when you consider we could have just traded for Justin Williams, a much better player and something I still can't comprehend), Kotalik was allowed to go with not much effort to re-sign, and Comrie remains an irrelevant signing for this team.

Those who argue that Lowe left him with a plethora of untradable and expensive veterans: I give you Khabibulin. Now, I really like him as a player. But his contract is just as bad as any of the signings Lowe ever made due to its length and Khabi's age. It made no sense when it was done and it'll appear worse every year that goes by.

Sure the contract situations with certain players make if difficult to get rid of certain players, but I don't believe for a second that there has been no opportunity for Tambellini to improve this team. There have been several players available over the past year who were inexpensive and could have helped the team. Likewise, I find it hard to believe that no one has shown interest in a player like Gilbert.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and Tambellini shows he can improve this team. But with his seeming lack of action and continued lack of improvement of the team, I don't think it looks good. Can we have Howson back now, please?
How many trades have happened since the season started? I can count them on one hand.

11-25-2009, 09:48 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
How many trades have happened since the season started? I can count them on one hand.
You have six fingers?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:37 AM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
You have six fingers?
You have six fingers on your left hand. I know a man who is looking for you.

LawnDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:41 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDemon View Post
You have six fingers on your left hand. I know a man who is looking for you.
I didnt do it. Kimble is guilty as hell?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote