HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From The Mouths's yapper to Your Ear

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2009, 04:12 AM
t3hg00se

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Mueller would be a fantastic addition to this team, and Tortorella would be a very good coach for him. I'd give up one of our top d prospects (Sangs, McD, Sauer) for him.

Old
11-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Mueller would be a fantastic addition to this team, and Tortorella would be a very good coach for him. I'd give up one of our top d prospects (Sangs, McD, Sauer) for him.
i wouldnt....his value is so low right now.

Old
11-25-2009, 06:41 AM
DutchShamrock

Take the stance that Roszival's contract is an asset to the Coyotes and add Higgins. I'm probably way off but consider the logic. Roszival can actually save the Coyotes $2m in real dollars. Higgins is second on the team in scoring chances, a shrewd GM may think he is on the verge of breaking through. All 3 players can use a change of scenery.

I'm not giving up the farm to get another potential Sjostrom first round bust. If they don't like the deal you say fine and walk away.

Old
11-25-2009, 07:35 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Can anyone think of any stars who came from the BCHL. Well, at least in the past 10-15 years? I mean, is that even a good league to scout anymore? It seems like if you don't come from the O, W, or Q, you're probably not worth looking at. I mean as far as the JR. ranks.
Paul Kariya, Scott Gomez, Brendan Morrison, Shawn Horcoff and Jeff Tambellini are notable alum from the past 10 years. They all moved on to play NCAA or CHL hockey before turning pro, but they did start in the BCHL. And there are some others, like Recchi, Ray Ferraro, Geoff Courtnall and Doug Lidster that go back a few years before that.

It's just pain.
Old
11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Mueller has offensive upside that would appeal to any club, especially one that doesn't scout the Coyotes extensively. He has a big shot (think Kotalik) but his conditioning and play away from the puck has been very suspect. He's not got a power forward mentality nor does he have sniper skills. In the right system, with the right coach and the right support system, he may turn out to be a very good player. Unfortunately, that's a lot of ifs.

If Maloney is going to move Mueller, he will need to get scoring back. Their offense YTD is about 2.4 goals a game. What's even scarier is that they don't have much hope for internal upside. Shane Doan, Petr Prucha and Robert Lang are the only players on the team who have ever had more than 1 20 goal season. Several of their top draft picks (Turris, Tikhonov, Boedker) from prior seasons are in the minors and Hanzal, while a fine all around player, will never be a scorer. Right now Mueller represents some upside. Trade him and you need something tangible back.

Phoenix is a win now team. Stephan and a draft pick wouldn't fit the Coyote's needs. And frankly, I wouldn't make that deal from the Rangers POV (although I am afraid that Stephan's value may be getting inflated around here) Higgins? Maybe. Guys like Anisimov, Dubinsky and Callahan (that no one wants to trade) would better fit what the Coyotes need.

The Coyotes are not looking for major help on defense. They have been holding together pretty well with three NHL defensemen injured (all back soon). Almost all of their top prospects not playing professionally are defensemen. So forget all of those Rozsival wet dreams.

Chances of a deal here? Slight.

And the Fourth Period as a source? C'mon guys, their track record is awful.
Nice wrap up, bob.

The Fourth Period is a lousy source, but they are citing some actual information that was brought up on CBC Hotstove. I believe LeBrun was the one that mentioned it.

Old
11-25-2009, 08:55 AM
NYR Viper

I know they may be a "win-now" team but I dont see Mueller working out and from everything I have read its an attitude problem and he and Tippet(sp?) are not getting along at all. If I were the Coyotes I would see it as addition by subtraction and with players like Boedker and Turris in the minors I would say they would be okay in the long-run.

Old
11-25-2009, 09:18 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

The reason that top players stay in the BCHL is to stay college scholarship eligible. Turris went this route and so did Travis Zajac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
I know they may be a "win-now" team but I dont see Mueller working out and from everything I have read its an attitude problem and he and Tippet(sp?) are not getting along at all. If I were the Coyotes I would see it as addition by subtraction and with players like Boedker and Turris in the minors I would say they would be okay in the long-run.
Yes there has been reports of tension between Tippett and Mueller. I don't think he is a problem i the room though. If that happened, he would be in San Antonio real quick. That's what happened with Tikhonov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The Fourth Period is a lousy source, but they are citing some actual information that was brought up on CBC Hotstove. I believe LeBrun was the one that mentioned it.
You are right about the LeBrun report. But remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Old
11-25-2009, 09:21 AM
AXN

Give them Lisin back with a draft pick and get Mueller.

Old
11-25-2009, 09:22 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
Take the stance that Roszival's contract is an asset to the Coyotes and add Higgins. I'm probably way off but consider the logic. Roszival can actually save the Coyotes $2m in real dollars.
The contract is only an asset if he plays up to the contract. Remember, this is a team with a different mentality. They are at the cap floor. Every dollar counts.

Old
11-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
You are right about the LeBrun report. But remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Fair enough. I'm a little gun shy about trading with Phoenix. None of the guys we acquire from them seem to pan out as hoped. Though, a move for Mueller would probably be a little more significant than the usual swapping of spare parts.

Sather needs to decide whether or not he's going to try and make a move to compete this year, or acquire some guys -- like Mueller -- who could bounce back and be key parts moving forward.

Not to get too off topic here, but could you elaborate a little on the Tikhonov situation? I liked him on draft day and he looked promising last season. What's up there?

Old
11-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
Can you please stop trying to force feed us this "Pasta" nickname? I don't think it's sticking.

No thanks on Mueller if he costs Stepan. Derek has all the upside in the world.
Agreed, how about we call the Irish players Cornbeef?

Quote:
And the Fourth Period as a source? C'mon guys, their track record is awful.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
Can anyone think of any stars who came from the BCHL. Well, at least in the past 10-15 years? I mean, is that even a good league to scout anymore? It seems like if you don't come from the O, W, or Q, you're probably not worth looking at. I mean as far as the JR. ranks.
I wouldn't discount the BCHL. We passed on Travis Zajac cause he played in the BCHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i dont care what other ppl call him, ive been calling him pasta for years now...as do other ppl from another message board i used to frequent, and ill continue to call him that.

Old
11-25-2009, 10:36 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Agreed, how about we call the Irish players Cornbeef?
If there was a player named Liam O'Cornbafe, right or wrong, you can be sure he would be called Corned Beef.

Old
11-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Nich

Offer rosie and higgins and a 2nd

Overpay to get rosie gone and call up Bobby

Doubt they would take it but hey we could dream

Old
11-25-2009, 11:43 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
Offer rosie and higgins and a 2nd

Overpay to get rosie gone and call up Bobby

Doubt they would take it but hey we could dream
There is zero chance the Yotes would take Rosies salary considering their current financial situation.

Old
11-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Declan
HFB Partner

who the efff is Pasta?

edit: Please don't tell me that's what you are calling Bobby Sangs....

Old
11-25-2009, 02:19 PM
The Mouth

The Yotes want players on the cheap so any chance of moving our pricey baggage west prolly aint gonna happen.

The Mueller possibly being moved was on HNIC during the hot stove segment.

How do you feel about this proposal and it's purely speculative.

Dubinsky and a second rounder next year for Mueller ?

That would make our centers 2-3 yrs down the road. Anisimov, Mueller and Stepan down the middle not too shabby and young.

Old
11-25-2009, 02:35 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
The Yotes want players on the cheap so any chance of moving our pricey baggage west prolly aint gonna happen.

The Mueller possibly being moved was on HNIC during the hot stove segment.

How do you feel about this proposal and it's purely speculative.

Dubinsky and a second rounder next year for Mueller ?

That would make our centers 2-3 yrs down the road. Anisimov, Mueller and Stepan down the middle not too shabby and young.
You really can't think of Mueller as a center. He probably projects out as a wing.

Dubinsky straight up for Mueller would be a fair value trade but I'm not sure it addresses the Rangers needs that well.

Old
11-25-2009, 02:40 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post

Not to get too off topic here, but could you elaborate a little on the Tikhonov situation? I liked him on draft day and he looked promising last season. What's up there?
What I've heard is that Tik cruised into camp expecting to have the team made and he was very slow to adapt to the change in coaches. He was an early camp cut and has done nothing in San Antonio (last I looked he had 2 goals in 16 games. Of course, San Antonio is a mess but that's another story for another thread) I like him too and in the right situation (3rd line grinding winger) he's a good player. He's got some size and played very well when teamed with Hanzal on the checking line last year. Don't see him being a top 6 forward but a guy I think can have a long and productive NHL career. We're starting to hear KHL rumors about him. I think he could be available in the right trade.

Old
11-25-2009, 03:01 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
The contract is only an asset if he plays up to the contract. Remember, this is a team with a different mentality. They are at the cap floor. Every dollar counts.
What I meant by asset is the difference between his cap hit and his actual salary. Starting next season his salary drops to $4m, then $3m the following season. But the way the cap works is that the cap hit (the average of the contract) is the number used when the NHL tallies the team's total cap number. So for a team like Phoenix, that struggles to reach the cap floor that is also conscious of their budget, a player with Roszival's contract will save them $3m over the next two seasons.

Closed Thread