HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Where is Michel Lacroix?

Old
11-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
forget the PA , will schedule a concert at the Bell Centre.

will get Celine Dion to open for him .

How about it Goulz ?
How about doing the National Anthem?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:38 AM
jwise514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulz View Post
I can't really sing.

And I can't dance, before anyone asks.
can you tell us a bit about your experience the last couple of games? what's the atmosphere like in that area of the rink? how would you compare detroit on saturday to columbus on tuesday? what kind of preparation goes into each game?

jwise514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:45 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caekslap View Post
Who the hell goes on vacation to Arizona?
senior citizens

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:55 AM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimoGionta View Post
How about doing the National Anthem?
I dunno im not sure we could sell tickets to a 2 hour long national anthem???

or maybe we could promote it as

"Goulz national anthem tour"

2 hours of all your favorite national anthems?

only 19.99 a ticket .

special guest singer alex kovvv a levvvv doing the russian national anthem (sell out the building for sure huh?)

Last edited by Artyukhin*: 11-25-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Goulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwise514 View Post
can you tell us a bit about your experience the last couple of games? what's the atmosphere like in that area of the rink? how would you compare detroit on saturday to columbus on tuesday? what kind of preparation goes into each game?
Nothing really beats the feeling of announcing "Accueillons nos Canadiens"...

Saturday, after the Canadiens were penalized for the 5th time in the first period, I heard the loudest boos ever in the Bell Centre! But to see them coming back in the 3rd period was great.

As for last night, that win has put smiles on so many faces! It's great to see.

Usually, when I work games, I show up about two hours before the game. I work out pronunciations, put the lineups into my scoresheet (on my laptop - Michel still uses paper), grab a bite to eat at the Jacques-Beauchamp lounge, then proceed downstairs for the warmup. Minor officials bring me the starting lineups, I contact the game presentation department to set things up for the giant screen, and the show starts exactly at 12:50 on the game clock.

Welcome, officials, minor officials, starting line-up for visitors... videos... kids on the ice with the flags (officially known as "Be part of the team"), then... when the starting goalie leaves the dressing room (which is straight across from my position on the bench)... it's time!

Intro our starting line-up, the siren goes, then the anthems and it's gametime!

Goulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Cammalleri13

Quote:

Saturday, after the Canadiens were penalized for the 5th time in the first period, I heard the loudest boos ever in the Bell Centre! But to see them coming back in the 3rd period was great.

Usually, when I work games, I show up about two hours before the game. I work out pronunciations, put the lineups into my scoresheet (on my laptop - Michel still uses paper), grab a bite to eat at the Jacques-Beauchamp lounge, then proceed downstairs for the warmup. Minor officials bring me the starting lineups, I contact the game presentation department to set things up for the giant screen, and the show starts exactly at 12:50 on the game clock.

Welcome, officials, minor officials, starting line-up for visitors... videos... kids on the ice with the flags (officially known as "Be part of the team"), then... when the starting goalie leaves the dressing room (which is straight across from my position on the bench)... it's time!

Really interesting! Thanks for sharing with us.

Cammalleri13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
I dunno im not sure we could sell tickets to a 2 hour long national anthem???

or maybe we could promote it as

"Goulz national anthem tour"

2 hours of all your favorite national anthems?

only 19.99 a ticket .

special guest singer alex kovvv a levvvv doing the russian national anthem (sell out the building for sure huh?)
And we could get all former Habs players being part of it. Annie Villeneuve could be part of that singing: "Fais moi la tendresse".

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:

Cool story man.

I must say, I prefer your Cammalleri, Price and Kostitsyn over Lacroix's.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 01:15 PM
Tricolore#20

Wow Goulz, thanks for the information!

Just wondering, do you know the name of the Leafs PA announcer back at Maple Leaf Gardens (especially in later years of that building). He was monotone, but certainly had a distinctive air to him.

And I think it is awesome that Canadiens fans are recognizing the work of our PA announcer of all people!

EDIT: Just googled it, and it looks like the guy's name is Paul Morris. Do any of you remember him?

Tricolore#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post

Just wondering, do you know the name of the Leafs PA announcer back at Maple Leaf Gardens (especially in later years of that building). He was monotone, but certainly had a distinctive air to him.

And I think it is awesome that Canadiens fans are recognizing the work of our PA announcer of all people!

EDIT: Just googled it, and it looks like the guy's name is Paul Morris. Do any of you remember him?

Brian Burke offers Goulz a 5 year 10 million dollar contract?

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 01:32 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20 View Post

Didn't he sound like Kermit the Frog? Goal scored by Mats Sundin, assisted by Gonzo and Fozzie Bear, yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Was a shame when he left.

11Goat11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 01:34 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
I resent that.

Hear for yourself.
My bad. It sounded an awful lot like 36 from the seats, though. Even my friend thought so.

danboulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Hermamoud

Lacroix taking a vacation in the middle of the season... Shades of Brisebois

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 02:50 PM
davepeak
Too many pools

Quote:
Originally Posted by danboulie View Post
My bad. It sounded an awful lot like 36 from the seats, though. Even my friend thought so.
Seems like the Molson M has some side effects!

davepeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Goulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by danboulie View Post
It may be hard to hear correctly, because you're all screaming so loud!

Old
11-25-2009, 03:35 PM
davepeak
Too many pools

Sébastien, welcome on the boards! For all the fans on this board that would like to get a job in Montreal's sports medias (as you do play-by-play for the Montreal Juniors on the radio), that would like to become PA, or only to know you better, what's your bio?

davepeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
I resent that.

Hear for yourself.
You did make one mistake though (or maybe it was the fault of the people who control the scoreboard).

You announced David Taveroff as the video replay judge but the screen said Doug Hayward. I'm sure I was the only one who noticed though.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:17 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Great to have you on board man. Mr. Lacroix's shoes are impossible to fill and IMO you've done a very good job of it. Please relay to him how much all of us Habs fans appreciate what he does and how the games aren't the same without him. Next time he goes on vacation he has to check in with us first

Keep up the good work and keep posting

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Goulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
You did make one mistake though (or maybe it was the fault of the people who control the scoreboard).

You announced David Taveroff as the video replay judge but the screen said Doug Hayward. I'm sure I was the only one who noticed though.
Let the scoreboard people have the heat for this one

Old
11-25-2009, 04:25 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Lacroix out for 4 months with a broken foot.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeingKostitsyn View Post
Damn it! More injuries? Who's next? The Kostitsyn brothers?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleeingKostitsyn View Post
Jean Béliveau slipped in the stairs on the way to his seat and is now out with a leg fracture.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Quite possible, seeing as it was a pretty boring game and I'm sure everyone was itching for something to cheer about.

danboulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Goulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperwebman View Post
Sébastien, welcome on the boards! For all the fans on this board that would like to get a job in Montreal's sports medias (as you do play-by-play for the Montreal Juniors on the radio), that would like to become PA, or only to know you better, what's your bio?
I started working in minor baseball in Sherbrooke when I was 11. Did the same for minor hockey at age 12. My first announcing gig was at the Sherbrooke International hockey tournament, at age 14. I started being backup for the Sherbrooke Faucons (QMJHL) at age 18.

Got my break in Montreal with the Express (lacrosse team) that played at then-Molson Centre. On the night of my very first game, the Game Presentation manager asked me if I did hockey. I told him I did, so he said he'd be listening since they were looking for a new alternate to Mr. Lacroix. That's how I got the gig.

My very first game was on Feb. 7th, 2002. A 1-0 shutout win by Jose Theodore over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Linesman Gerard Gauthier gave me the puck of the very first goal I annouced, scored by number 27... Shaun Van Allen!

I then went on to announce one more regular season game (Feb 11th, against Detroit - a 3-2 loss), and got the call for Game 6 of the quarterfinal series against the Bruins (where we clinched).

Ever since, I step in whenever Michel is away. It did happen that we were both away (November 2005 and February 2006, when we were both in Torino), so they used a third-string.

If you have questions, you may PM me.

Old
11-25-2009, 06:16 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
I started working in minor baseball in Sherbrooke when I was 11. Did the same for minor hockey at age 12. My first announcing gig was at the Sherbrooke International hockey tournament, at age 14. I started being backup for the Sherbrooke Faucons (QMJHL) at age 18.

Got my break in Montreal with the Express (lacrosse team) that played at then-Molson Centre. On the night of my very first game, the Game Presentation manager asked me if I did hockey. I told him I did, so he said he'd be listening since they were looking for a new alternate to Mr. Lacroix. That's how I got the gig.

My very first game was on Feb. 7th, 2002. A 1-0 shutout win by Jose Theodore over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Linesman Gerard Gauthier gave me the puck of the very first goal I annouced, scored by number 27... Shaun Van Allen!

I then went on to announce one more regular season game (Feb 11th, against Detroit - a 3-2 loss), and got the call for Game 6 of the quarterfinal series against the Bruins (where we clinched).

Ever since, I step in whenever Michel is away. It did happen that we were both away (November 2005 and February 2006, when we were both in Torino), so they used a third-string.

If you have questions, you may PM me.
If you were in Torino, is there a chance you'll be in Vancouver?

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote