HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Power Play

Old
11-23-2009, 08:53 AM
stlweir

vCash: 500
Blues Power Play

With the Blues Power Play floundering who do you put on your first unit? Last year wasn't it Cola. Perron/Oshie on the points and Boyes, Walt and Berglund up front? Would you use the same three forwards and Have Johson and Cola at the Points? In order for this team to get on a roll it desperately needs production from it's PP unit.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Silent Shout

I think it's time to break out our secret weapon...ALEXANDER STEEN!

Silent Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Silent Shout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Shout View Post
I think it's time to break out our secret weapon...ALEXANDER STEEN!
We actually did this.

Silent Shout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 02:28 PM
BergMan
#BackesForSelke

Now that we are last in the NHL in that rank i would think they would be trying to change it. I am a huge Berglund fan as you probably can tell. and thats because last year he had such sweet goals on the powerplay when him and Boyes would pass back and fourth and the defence and goalie had no idea which one would shoot because both of them could snipe like no other. Look at Boye's and Berglund's highlights from last season there are so many powerplay goals in there where they take a one timer from around the hashmarks and hit clean net. This year Its all point shots that sometimes get through but no one ever gets the rebound, or its a one timer from only Boyes, I've only been a real hockey fan for a little over a year and if i can see this and know exactly where passes and shots are going i know that the people on other teams know too. Basically I'm saying i miss that great Boyes-Berglund duo on the powerplay.
On a side note i think berglund needs to just let more shots rip. I remember clearly there was a time in the Boston game when he curled behind the net and came out on the right side and was along and he decided to pass it down to the point for a shot as per what seems to be the plan. Yet i remember one of my favorite of his goals last year against Columbus where after he curled he turned and ripped the puck and it was a clean goal. basically it seems like this plan is hurting his development, confidence, and goal scoreing ability since he just isnt keeping the puck on his stick and taking the shots he can.
The columbus goal is pretty early on and some power play goals are in there too.

honestly im not sure if that would even work since berglund has been so tentative sometimes but his confidence is growing maybe give him another try on that line?

BergMan is offline   Reply With Quote