HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jared Ross and Andreas Nodl recalled

Old
11-23-2009, 05:10 AM
decadentia

vCash: 500
Its quite clear that Homer is simply too bored with the regular constraints of the salary cap. Therefor he must create his own obstacles to make it interesting.

The same could be said for this team, we're too stacked to put a competent coach out on the ice.

Back on topic, I too wish Matsumoto had've been called up. He doesn't have to be our Jason Krog you know.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 09:55 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by decadentia View Post
Back on topic, I too wish Matsumoto had've been called up. He doesn't have to be our Jason Krog you know.
Maybe Ross will get injured and Matsumoto will get the call...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:41 PM
A Clerk
Schennergy

Does anyone else think Nodl looks bigger?

A Clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2009, 10:46 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Clerk View Post
Does anyone else think Nodl looks bigger?
I actually did notice that. He still cant really do anything. He isnt bad on the pk but thats it.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 12:20 AM
BringBackStevens

Both played decently. Adequate fill ins

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 12:39 AM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Both played decently. Adequate fill ins
Yeah, this game wasn't on them for sure. I was pleased watching Nodl scrapping it out in the corners there in the third.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:03 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

I had no problem with the 4th line tonight. They brought hard work and energy into the game for the Flyers.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Maybe Ross will get injured and Matsumoto will get the call...
No, Kalinski should be up, in place of Ross.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 12:31 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Are you saying that the same group of geniuses who handled Randy Jones' re-entry may orchestrate a situation where this team could have cap issues?

I don't believe it.
haha

As long as Gagne is LTIR, it would be difficult for this team to create cap issues (for this season anyway).

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 12:34 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
No, Kalinski should be up, in place of Ross.
because...

People keep talking about how Ross shouldn't be here, the reasoning has been "he's not that good," and neither of which has been backed up with any kind of substance.

It can't be because Kalinski is better...neither have shown enough in the handful of games they've played that one should be considered so much better than the other. And not enough people here see the Phantoms to know better.

It can't be because Kalinski puts up more points. Ross is outscoring him on the Phantoms.

It can't be because Kalinski provides more energy...because that's the MO of both guys.

It can't be because Kalinski is better on faceoffs. Not sure on their numbers this year, but Ross was over 56% in his short time with the Flyers, which is something this team would kill for. Kalinski was under 46%. Kalinski is listed as a center, but I think he's better on the wing anyways.

It can't be because Kalinski proved more. Ross played over Kalinski for the Flyers in the playoffs (Kalinski did come back for the AHL playoffs).

Last edited by GKJ: 11-24-2009 at 12:50 PM.
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
haha

As long as Gagne is LTIR, it would be difficult for this team to create cap issues (for this season anyway).
There are already cap issues this season. The Gags injury just allows them to call up players from the Phantoms without too much head-scratching. But we still really can't do any tweaking at the deadline.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 02:27 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
There are already cap issues this season. The Gags injury just allows them to call up players from the Phantoms without too much head-scratching. But we still really can't do any tweaking at the deadline.
Why would we need too? If the Flyers are healthy, we have a good team. If any major is out, we have that capspace.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2009, 03:02 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I can think of about five guys I'd rather have called up. Maroon, Dingle, Legein, Matsumoto, Kalinski, etc. Nodl I don't mind that much getting the call, but Ross? Come on. Matsumoto is leading the team in points and has been waiting (and deserving) a shot for years. Why bring up a guy who isn't even playing well in the AHL, and didn't play well last year in the NHL? Don't get me wrong, Ross is a good player and will probably be a solid 3rd/4th liner at some point in his career, but I gotta believe that Matsumoto would be a better call up than him. Is Ross really good on defense or something and I am missing something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE BETTMAN View Post
Say what you want to justify this decision but if I was Matsumoto, i'd be ****ing livid right now. I was getting really excited to see Maroon and Matsumoto get the call up, too.
I dont get it with this guy....Who cares if it is the 4th line, he is a two way player....give him a shot at the NHL for god sakes. He has been here for a couple years now. Everytime I caught the Phantoms he looked to me to be a very solid, steady, consistent player....nothing spectacular but exactly what you want in your bottom 6 in the NHL.

Quote:
Why would we need too? If the Flyers are healthy, we have a good team. If any major is out, we have that capspace.
Well, they only have that space while he is out I believe, if it was Gagne for example, we would have to keep him out until the playoffs.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
because...
Kalinski played really well in his stint with the Flyers last year, before a horrible injury.

And because Ross stinks. See forward version of Danny Syvret. Career AHLer.

Old
11-25-2009, 12:04 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Superstar moves at the deadline often don't work out. But moves to fill a need are often a difference maker. We won't even be able to entertain offers from other teams. Selanne might be available at the trade deadline and I'm not saying he'd be a great fit here but our GM won't even be able to talk to Anaheim. So, some playoff team is going to get a guy that is going to add real offensive depth. He makes 2.65 a year and averages .5 goals a game.

Quote:
Kalinski played really well in his stint with the Flyers last year, before a horrible injury.

Ross is a plug in, nothing more. The guy is 27 and has accomplished nothing. He isn't the next St. Louis. I don't see why we aren't playing a younger player who actually has upside.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 12:09 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:

Why does Ross stink? He hasn't played enough of a role on the team to show he can't be a spot player as needed.

Ross played in the playoffs, Kalinski did not. Both of them played the same role. Syvret has nothing to do with this as he does not play forward and is not an energy player. Syvret is supposed to be an offensive defenseman. If that's your comparison, it's not valid. I'll talk Valhoun's reasoning, as Kalinski is a younger player - one they spent a draft pick on.

Old
11-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Why does Ross stink? He hasn't played enough of a role on the team to show he can't be a spot player as needed.

Ross played in the playoffs, Kalinski did not. Both of them played the same role. Syvret has nothing to do with this as he does not play forward and is not an energy player. Syvret is supposed to be an offensive defenseman. If that's your comparison, it's not valid. I'll talk Valhoun's reasoning, as Kalinski is a younger player - one they spent a draft pick on.
Syvret and Ross are perfectly comparable as players on our roster - they have no business being there.

Old
11-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Mr Oysterhead

Honestly, I kind of like the way Ross plays. I think he could be a decent contributor.

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:24 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
GKJ Kalinski was recovering from freak injury. He played in AHL yes, but he had to get his legs back and wouldn't have been as good up.

Ross is fine, but he is way too small and gets knocked over like a feather

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 04:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
GKJ Kalinski was recovering from freak injury. He played in AHL yes, but he had to get his legs back and wouldn't have been as good up.

Ross is fine, but he is way too small and gets knocked over like a feather
He may not have been because Ross was having better face off success.

Quote:
Syvret and Ross are perfectly comparable as players on our roster - they have no business being there.
And you have yet to go into any reason as to why Ross should be on the roster. This is now the 3rd time in this thread I've asked someone to do it, and they come up with "well, he's like Syvret" no he's not Syvret. Syvret is his own player, who plays a different position, and is in a completely different situation. It's not a valid comparison.

Do you have valid reasons as to why Ross shouldn't have a chance to be on the roster, or, I'll give you an out here, you just have a personal dislike for the guy?