HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

looking for someone with knowledge of yahoo waiver system

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2003, 06:07 AM
CapsIntensity68

vCash: 500
looking for someone with knowledge of yahoo waiver system

okay i picked last in the draft for my Yahoo public, roto league so that means that I have 1st waiver priority. I only drafted one goalie (Lalime) because i was counting on being able to claim Hasek off waivers once he is added into the Yahoo database and entered into the league. now an interesting scenario is unfolding. some loser quit the league and dropped all his players and they are all on waivers. naslund, jagr, demitra are the standouts, also Khabi and Vokoun. i went ahead and put a claim on Naslund and I know he will be mine in 2 days. now what happens if I also put a claim on another guy that got put on waivers? will my waiver priority be 12th if I make another claim even though my claim on Naslund hasn't gone through yet? obviously this screws my plan with hasek put I might be able to nab him if no one notices him when he gets added into the league, I could also grab Vokoun or Khabi. Please help.

Old
09-21-2003, 06:13 AM
tomerez

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsIntensity68
okay i picked last in the draft for my Yahoo public, roto league so that means that I have 1st waiver priority. I only drafted one goalie (Lalime) because i was counting on being able to claim Hasek off waivers once he is added into the Yahoo database and entered into the league. now an interesting scenario is unfolding. some loser quit the league and dropped all his players and they are all on waivers. naslund, jagr, demitra are the standouts, also Khabi and Vokoun. i went ahead and put a claim on Naslund and I know he will be mine in 2 days. now what happens if I also put a claim on another guy that got put on waivers? will my waiver priority be 12th if I make another claim even though my claim on Naslund hasn't gone through yet? obviously this screws my plan with hasek put I might be able to nab him if no one notices him when he gets added into the league, I could also grab Vokoun or Khabi. Please help.
Naslund will be yours,
whoever you put 2nd will be your 2nd priority and will only be taken if you don't get Naslund(you will). If you do get Naslund, the 2nd player will be picked up as 12th on waiver priority.

Also, I believe Hasek WILL NOT go on waivers. I think he'll go straight to available players list.

I may be mistaken but I believe all that is correct

Old
09-21-2003, 07:00 AM
CapsIntensity68

thanks alot. but if I have two or more waiver claims at the same time which will be first priority? Would it be the first one I made (the Naslund one)? I'm probably also going to put a claim on Vokoun or Khabi and I don't want them to bump out the Naslund claim because I realize there is a lesser chance of someone claiming either of those two than someone trying to claim naslund. kinda of confusing, but i'm sure some experiened yahooer's know what I am talking about.

Old
09-21-2003, 07:08 AM
tomerez

Ya Naslund or whoever you first put a claim on will be first priority.

If you put a claim on Khabi or Vokoun, i think thats fine but as I recall - I think theres a limit to # of claims at the same time. I may be wrong on this one.

Old
09-22-2003, 04:23 AM
MoDo_27

Hasek

If your league has not drafted yet, then Hasek will be in the draftable pool.

As I have been doing yahoo for years, when they add a player they always go to waivers.

When Mario Lemieux came back 1/2 through the season he went to waivers first. Last week when Legwand was added he went to waivers. Hasek isnt special and "should" be getting the same waiver treatment.......I hope.....

Closed Thread