HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

LINE-UP's STARS

Closed Thread

Old
09-21-2003, 01:59 PM
lace-em'-up

vCash: 500
LINE-UP's STARS

i have seen alot of line combos thrown around in the past few days some of which tibbits has been setting up and they are turning out very good.
here are the bigger combos

Modano-Arnott-Guerin
MAGnum line looks to be very skilled and very strong, would help Arnott play like his days in NJ and puts Mo. on a wing = around 100 pts for Mo.

Barnes-Turgeon-Young
people have said this line looks very good at camp, turgeon back at ceter is a big upside and he'll likly produce 60-75 points.

Morrow-Niko-Lehts
this was last years lines and we all know that was very very good

Ott-Malhotra-Damio
a fourth line with a meaning this year for once. they'll get the job done.

2nd big combo

Modano-Arnott-Lehts
Barnes-Turgeon-Young
Miettenen-Niko-Guerin( LINE HAS LOOKED VERY GREAT AT CAMP)
Morrow-Malhotra-Damio(morrow would still play his normal minutes just on a few lines, tibbits liked to swith things up in games alot)

With Barnes and Morrow likly swiching

Any oppinions stars/non-stars fans??

Old
09-21-2003, 02:27 PM
JasonMacIsaac

vCash:
Take this to Dallas board, two threas about Condoms is too much.

Old
09-21-2003, 02:54 PM
monkey_00*

I like the second Line combos better........I really like the idea of playing Lehtinen on the Star's top line with Modano.........I like Guerin on that line with the kids cause of his experience and he also adds some toughness to that line........

Does this team have any enforcers?

Old
09-21-2003, 09:32 PM
Lidstrom

Holy Homer Batman

100 points for Modano? Not unless we've been blast back to 1986 and noone told me about it.

Old
09-21-2003, 10:07 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidstrom
100 points for Modano? Not unless we've been blast back to 1986 and noone told me about it.
Man, you keep getting more funnier by the minute..

Mike Modano probably, no, easily could hit 100 points in today's NHL if he would sacrafice some of his all-round game. And playing wing on a line not meant to be a shutdown line by any means could definitely make him have a career season. That said, I say he will stay his complete self and record his usual ppg.

Old
09-22-2003, 04:21 AM
Lidstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Man, you keep getting more funnier by the minute..

Mike Modano probably, no, easily could hit 100 points in today's NHL if he would sacrafice some of his all-round game. And playing wing on a line not meant to be a shutdown line by any means could definitely make him have a career season. That said, I say he will stay his complete self and record his usual ppg.
Modano is not that good, I'm sorry dude. I know you think he's god but he won't record 100 points. Sure he could if he just abandoned all defense responsibility and coasted around the blueline a la Pavel Bure, but that would never happen. So could a lot of people, hence the 1986 comment, b/c that's what a lot of premier forwards did back then. The game isn't the same and that's why I said he can't do it.

Old
09-22-2003, 04:57 AM
lace-em'-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidstrom
Modano is not that good, I'm sorry dude. I know you think he's god but he won't record 100 points. Sure he could if he just abandoned all defense responsibility and coasted around the blueline a la Pavel Bure, but that would never happen. So could a lot of people, hence the 1986 comment, b/c that's what a lot of premier forwards did back then. The game isn't the same and that's why I said he can't do it.
if modano did that i would expect at least 120

100 is not out of the question, was on pace last year without giving up any defensive responsibilities.
with tibbits new style being implemented more and more i expect modanos pts to increase to around 90+ by the end of next year.
and this year he'll hit around high 80

Closed Thread