HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
11-25-2009, 09:42 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

It's to my knowledge that Rozsival is this seasons apparent whipping boy. But I've always been a fan of Rozsy- and at his salary he's a steal. I've noticed he's gradualy steadied his game as the season has progressed here. He's beginning to adjust to Torterella's style as of late. His defensive game is coming around; look at tonights game. He came up big in the overtime. He layed into Horton numerous times breaking up dangerous situations. He was arguably one of the better d-men tonight. Loved the physical edge.

I think he's a key component to this team. He has a nice arsenal. He's one of those guys where no part of his game is better than the other. They mantain an elevated level. A hard shot( I can see Rozsy eventually work his way onto the 2nd PP unit) and can be solid defensively while showing an edge. Let's not forget he is coming back from hip surgery- which can be part of the reason why his game is taking time to shape this season.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Vitto79

Rozy is for sure the whipping boy this yr. it's just that terrible price tag

I mean really when they signed Redden FA day I was like well ok their goes Rozy. Now use that money on a Forward. Next thing ya know Sather signs them both and now look

Not to mention at the time I thought it was a good deal but Zherdev who is in the KHL for Tyutin.We all rather have Tyutin and back, no Rozy and a UFA C or Winger with that money

With that said this yrs FA crop with the exception of the Donald looks real good. Win some ya lose some

I still hope I wake up to a dream deal. Rozsival, Voros for a gritty Dman and a bag of pucks

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 09:47 PM
D713B

I've been a Rozsival defender in previous seasons but at the outset of this season he made it difficult to stand up for him and I couldn't bring myself to do it. Tonight was his best game of the season, hopefully he builds upon it. This team is unarguably better with Rozy playing at the top of his game.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 09:49 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
I laughed at the thread title (or those who don't mind him )

They should just tell him "do what gonchar does" ....minus the yearly shoulder injuries.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 09:54 PM
ThisYearsModel

I have not been a Rozi fan, but he has played noticeably better the last 2 games. How long does it take to get over the operation he had before last season? Maybe he is finally rounding into form. Problem with him is, like Redden and Drury, he cannot possibly play up to his contract.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

2 big plays in overtime.. but he doesn't deserve an appreciation thread. In fact, none of these players do. They get paid big bucks to perform, or .. not perform. Which is what Rozsival does 9/10 nights.

Had a good game.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Ail
k.

When you have a team full of people under-achieving and not playing to their potential it's not easy to point legitimately at any one player and blame them completely. With that being said, it is easy, and nice to have someone you can blame every night so you don't have to admit players who you fancy personally aren't playing how you would like them to.

Is he the worst NYR getting ice time right now? I don't think so, but considering how much he is being paid it's that much easier to hate the guy. He did essentially save the game tonight. Assuming that would have been drilled home.

When everyone else is playing at their caliber/pay-rate I'll start pointing fingers individually.

11-25-2009, 10:13 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

To be quite honest I hadn't realized he makes 6 million now. I thought it was the 5 mill he originally recieved. However, the points in the first post still stand other than the "he's a steal at his salary"

I think at 5 mill he would have been.

Old
11-25-2009, 10:16 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
To be quite honest I hadn't realized he makes 6 million now. I thought it was the 5 mill he originally recieved. However, the points in the first post still stand other than the "he's a steal at his salary"

I think at 5 mill he would have been.
His cap number is $5M. His salary this year is $6M--and $4M next season, and $3M the season after that. Was $7M last season.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:17 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
and at his salary he's a steal.
I stopped reading here.

Although he did have a decent game tonight.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:19 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
His cap number is $5M. His salary this year is $6M--and $4M next season, and $3M the season after that. Was $7M last season.
His cap # wasn't 5 mill last season?

That's a decent/fair output if he rounds his game again.

Old
11-25-2009, 10:24 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
He had his best game of the season tonight, looked like he did in the playoffs versus Washington.

Still our worst defenseman overall though.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:25 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
That's a decent/fair output if he rounds his game again.
not at all.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:31 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
not at all.
Depends if you can assess talent/or how you assess talent. It also depends if you're judging this with blinders

Old
11-25-2009, 10:38 PM
pdogfizzle
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOWRanger View Post
I laughed at the thread title (or those who don't mind him )

They should just tell him "do what gonchar does" ....minus the yearly shoulder injuries.
I think id rather him just have the injuries so that Torts won't be able to put him in the lineup

pdogfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:41 PM
OverTheCap

Rozy has looked good the past few games. I like the physical edge that he's been bringing. This was one of the best games the defense has played in a long time and it's no surprise that Rozy playing well had an impact.

And to all those berating Rozy in this thread... last I checked this was the "Michal Rozsival Appreciation Thread"... if you don't like him, stay out.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Choice

Was at the game tonight and I thought this was by far roszi's best game this season. I've defended the guy in the past but this year he's been putrid and cap # is bad. But his performance tonight with nyr down to 4 defensemen was gutsy as hell. Laid some big hits to break up FLA plays at the end of regulation. Hats off roszi.

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:55 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

i hate him...trade him

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 10:56 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
i hate him...trade him
Hopefully this appreciation thread highers his value. I'm sure there are some lazy GM's that read internet forums for player assessment

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:02 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I'm going to have to go back and look at the tape but what I saw was not much different than his usual indecisive game. Look nobody here has been more positive about Rozy than I have but he's not playing anywhere near the level of a $5MM defenseman. Not even close.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:06 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I'm going to have to go back and look at the tape but what I saw was not much different than his usual indecisive game. Look nobody here has been more positive about Rozy than I have but he's not playing anywhere near the level of a $5MM defenseman. Not even close.
I distinctively remember a bad play in the first or the second period when he was batting at the puck like he frequently does and it created a 2 on 1 the other way.

He did look better than usual today. But that's not saying much at this point

EDIT: Here's the video. You can see it 10 seconds in.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?h...2,344&fr=false

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:15 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I appreciated Rosie very much in Game 3 in 2007. Tonight was his best game since then LOL

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2009, 11:23 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Is this a joke? He made two great plays in overtime...after a game full of poor positioning and several examples of the kind of buffoonery that we're all used to from him.

If a player makes a bad play and the opposition doesn't score, that doesn't mean the player didn't make a bad play.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Musto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Is this a joke? He made two great plays in overtime...after a game full of poor positioning and several examples of the kind of buffoonery that we're all used to from him.

If a player makes a bad play and the opposition doesn't score, that doesn't mean the player didn't make a bad play.
yeah but tonight he made good plays too so

seriously, i dont think people here are unaware of his suck

Musto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post

Hey, him actually making a good play calls for rejoice.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote